Jump to content
Berlibee

Alexey's Reefer 250 - New Light Installed!

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Berlibee said:

Got the CUC today from @johnmaloney, like always he sent me an army of snails. :lol:

It's so funny... the first time I ordered from him I ordered something like 10 snails and I received nearly 200.  I didn't know what to do.  It was a 8 gallon tank and I had to give a ton of them away to local reefers.  This last time I ordered 20 snails, and I received 20, 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Kellie in CA said:

It's so funny... the first time I ordered from him I ordered something like 10 snails and I received nearly 200.  I didn't know what to do.  It was a 8 gallon tank and I had to give a ton of them away to local reefers.  This last time I ordered 20 snails, and I received 20, 

 

Yes, it was the same for me and every time it's the same. :D

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, Berlibee said:

Ordered on the weekend some macro from Gulf Coast Ecosystem - two standard packs green and red. Very interesting what I'll get from them in two day. omgomgomg

 

You're gonna like it, esp the red pack. 

They shipped some stuff out to me today as well. :happy:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Weetabix7 said:

 

You're gonna like it, esp the red pack. 

They shipped some stuff out to me today as well. :happy:

 

Nice! What did you got? :naughtydance: And green pack is not so cool ?

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, Berlibee said:

 

Nice! What did you got? :naughtydance: And green pack is not so cool ?

 

Green pack is totally fine, it's just that most people in general love the Red Pack more. 

Getting both of those is actually a really good way to kinda "try out" Macros. 

They're a super great deal, you'll see what I mean, and Gulf Coast is an amazing vendor, definitely a big favorite of mine. 

With the Green Pack, anything that is growing from a runner would be smarter to keep on or in the sandbed where you can prune them and control growth. 

Most of the Red ones prefer lower light, treat them like Mushroom Corals. 

If you get one that is pinkish and slippery, it really likes high flow but won't attach to anything, so I tie it to a rock in a hi flow area with fishing line. 

Most of the other reds can just be wedged into crevices in rock. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Ok I see, I don't have sand in the refugium :) I hope it's ok.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Berlibee said:

Ok I see, I don't have sand in the refugium :) I hope it's ok.

 

It'll be fine. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

 

It'll be fine. 

 

Which ones are your favorites macros? :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Berlibee said:

 

Which ones are your favorites macros? :) 

 

Caulerpa Prolifera and Codium are some of the more common green ones that I like. 

I really like Sargassum, which is a yellowish brown one. 

I like Galaxaura and Halymenia, which are both pink. 

I haven't yet found a Red Macro that I don't like, but Botryocladia would be one of the more common red ones that I like. Pretty sure you'll get some of that in your Red Pack. 

I like any blue or purple Macro or any that are more obscure and harder to find. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

After four weeks of waiting time got today the clearview lid from Artfully Acrylic - very cool experience with ordering from them. No need to send any sizes, shapes etc. they have templates for all sort of tanks, you just choosing your tank and add comments about custom cuts and doors. Customs cuts for the cords were free as well and I didn't asked for a feeding door but they've added it for free also! Very clean edges and clear acrylic. Nice guys and quality item, I'm very happy with that lid. I can get some wrasses now hehehe .... :haha::

 

 

Top_001.jpg

Top_002.jpg

Top_003.jpg

Top_004.jpg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Got my first order from Gulf Coast Ecosystems. Nice package, fast shipping and the their packs looks awesome. I've got total around 10 different types of macro I think. Red pack was indeed very cool like @Weetabix7 said. Here are some pictures, sump looks like a mess now hehehe ... :naughtydance: :

 

Macro_01.jpg.78644545da989c60d8ecb270e7aa742e.jpg

 

Macro_02.jpg.6ec6d47c15d924394eeda3ff08dbfa87.jpg

 

Macro_03.jpg.7851e54ff2578197049cbaf8b57c472b.jpg

 

Macro_04.jpg.12a8d9503afe8ae563feaecb4d62869f.jpg

 

Macro_05.jpg.41b093df9a6549e6ab18bde6e0076c01.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Berlibee said:

Got my first order from Gulf Coast Ecosystems. Nice package, fast shipping and the their packs looks awesome. I've got total around 10 different types of macro I think. Red pack was indeed very cool like @Weetabix7 said. Here are some pictures, sump looks like a mess now hehehe ... :naughtydance: :

 

Macro_01.jpg.78644545da989c60d8ecb270e7aa742e.jpg

 

Macro_02.jpg.6ec6d47c15d924394eeda3ff08dbfa87.jpg

 

Macro_03.jpg.7851e54ff2578197049cbaf8b57c472b.jpg

 

Macro_04.jpg.12a8d9503afe8ae563feaecb4d62869f.jpg

 

Macro_05.jpg.41b093df9a6549e6ab18bde6e0076c01.jpg

 

Hooray!!!

I'm still waiting (impatiently) for mine to arrive. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Weetabix7 said:

 

Hooray!!!

I'm still waiting (impatiently) for mine to arrive. 

 

I've just dropped them in the water, attached some of them to the rocks. Is it fine if they'll mix with each other or too close to each other? :happy:

Share this post


Link to post
54 minutes ago, Berlibee said:

 

I've just dropped them in the water, attached some of them to the rocks. Is it fine if they'll mix with each other or too close to each other? :happy:

 

They can mix, it's not a problem, not like with corals. 

Mine are here, they're floating now!!!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Weetabix7 said:

 

They can mix, it's not a problem, not like with corals. 

Mine are here, they're floating now!!!!

 

Nice, will check your review when it's posted. ;)

Share this post


Link to post

How was I not following your thread??? Beautiful pictures, I love the one of the yellow coris wrasse especially, after spending a lot of time trying (and failing) to get good pictures of mine.

 

The new light looks really good - but we need an FTS :D

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Visited a local reefer yesterday, took some pictures in his tank. Very cool tank with lot of fancy names ... :naughtydance:

 

Corals_001.jpg?format=2500w

 

Corals_002.jpg?format=2500w

 

Corals_003.jpg?format=2500w

 

Corals_004.jpg?format=2500w

 

Corals_005.jpg?format=2500w

 

Corals_006.jpg?format=2500w

 

Corals_007.jpg?format=2500w

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Beautiful pictures and corals. :naughtydance:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, 4x5 said:

Beautiful pictures and corals. :naughtydance:

 

Thank you my friend! omgomgomg

Share this post


Link to post

Beautiful pictures and beautiful corals Alexey, really nice work.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, RollaJase said:

Beautiful pictures and beautiful corals Alexey, really nice work.

Thanks! :) I hope I'll see something like this in my tank one day ...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Dive in and share your thoughts!

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recommended Discussions

×