Coral Vue Hydros

Alexey's Reefer 250 - New Light Installed!

Berlibee

Just a quick update: System looks good and maturing. I really like the looks of the rocks now, very cool colors and textures with a few algae on it. Water params are stable. I don't see colors changes yet after adjusting the light's intensity with a PAR Meter, but some corals started to shift colors it's just not so visible now. But only 2 weeks passed, I hope to see it clearly in the next two weeks. Also got this cool nem and a few fishes will update the livestock list later. Cheers! omgomgomg

Nem001.jpg

Nem002.jpg

Rocks_001.jpg

Rocks_002.jpg

Rocks_003.jpg

• Like 5
  • Wow 1
1 hour ago, teenyreef said:

Rocks look healthy! And those anemone pics are beautiful :)

1 hour ago, micoastreefing said:

Very cool looking nem, Love it!

Thanks guys, I hope this one will not walk all around like a "white walker" killing everything around. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
29 minutes ago, ninjamyst said:

wow, hope that says bubbly for you!

At this moment it's bubbly during the day and extended in the night time. I hope so as well. ;) 

• Like 1

Tank looks amazing ??.. can I ask how you did the refugium? I have a reefer 170 and don't use the ATO so was thinking about  using that as fuge. Would kindly take some pics if possible plz? As would like to TRY and hard plumb it (Also subbed)

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Lynton said:

Tank looks amazing ??.. can I ask how you did the refugium? I have a reefer 170 and don't use the ATO so was thinking about  using that as fuge. Would kindly take some pics if possible plz? As would like to TRY and hard plumb it (Also subbed)

Sure but there is not much to show, it's this tank: https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/7-5-gallon-cube-tank-standard-glass-mr-aqua.html

With two drilled holes for IN and OUT for 1” BULKHEAD and just 3 walls small podium. Just don't make it high or the light will be to close to the water surface. ;)

Send me your phone number by PM. I'll send you a video from my phone in Whatssup for example or Facebook link to your profile.

• Like 2
On 05/09/2017 at 7:07 PM, Berlibee said:

Sure but there is not much to show, it's this tank: https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/7-5-gallon-cube-tank-standard-glass-mr-aqua.html

With two drilled holes for IN and OUT for 1” BULKHEAD and just 3 walls small podium. Just don't make it high or the light will be to close to the water surface. ;)

Send me your phone number by PM. I'll send you a video from my phone in Whatssup for example or Facebook link to your profile.

Thank you will do it now.. good job on the ati test

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Berlibee said:

Full water test at 4 Months mark:

Looks like 15% weekly water changes are working good, water params are pretty clean ( Salt Tropic Marin PRO ) - will adjust Magnesium and Iodine: :lol:

http://lab.atiaquaristik.com/share/3c9a49f241af27ff22fc

Water_Test_ATI_4_Months.png

Your tank must be super polluted, it scored 100 out of 100!  Strange way to "grade" pollutants quantity. :lol: 

• Haha 2

I just got an ATI test kit and their 3 part kit. I'm going to try it instead of my current dosing set up in my 40g. Are you doing their dosing too, or just the testing?

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, metrokat said:

Where are the RO results?

Oh yeah, that's right I forgot they test the RODI water too, that was one of the reasons I was really interested in the ATI tests...so where are the RO results? :D

• Like 1
11 hours ago, metrokat said:

Where are the RO results?

Ah yes, I forgot about them hehehe: http://lab.atiaquaristik.com/share/86c3a58d34ce6d21b94e 

"Only trace elements, phosphorous and pollutants were analysed. Device is working good!"

I took the sample from a buckets that I didn't clean for a few weeks. So also more that happy with how the RO/DI is working. :happy:

12 hours ago, teenyreef said:

I just got an ATI test kit and their 3 part kit. I'm going to try it instead of my current dosing set up in my 40g. Are you doing their dosing too, or just the testing?

I did switch to their parts as well yes, I see no point of using regular parts when we can use the same thing but with trace elements. I wanted to report on it after the second water test in 2 months from the start to have a better understanding of how it's working. At this moment 1 months with no water changes and everything is doing well. Dosing 4ml a day from 10 000 ml. hehehe .... but my tank is not using Alk. that fast yet. ;)

• Like 2

Cool to see these tests Alex. Makes me want to finally send off a few samples to see how my tank is doing. 

I may try to make it out your way to check out the store. :D

• Like 1
On 9/8/2017 at 8:00 AM, Berlibee said:

Ah yes, I forgot about them hehehe: http://lab.atiaquaristik.com/share/86c3a58d34ce6d21b94e 

"Only trace elements, phosphorous and pollutants were analysed. Device is working good!"

I took the sample from a buckets that I didn't clean for a few weeks. So also more that happy with how the RO/DI is working. :happy:

I did switch to their parts as well yes, I see no point of using regular parts when we can use the same thing but with trace elements. I wanted to report on it after the second water test in 2 months from the start to have a better understanding of how it's working. At this moment 1 months with no water changes and everything is doing well. Dosing 4ml a day from 10 000 ml. hehehe .... but my tank is not using Alk. that fast yet. ;)

Looks good. You might need a silica buster cartridge.

• Like 1
On 9/9/2017 at 7:41 AM, DaveFason said:

Cool to see these tests Alex. Makes me want to finally send off a few samples to see how my tank is doing. 

I may try to make it out your way to check out the store. :D

I love to test! Hehehehe .... :lol: 

On 9/9/2017 at 9:19 AM, metrokat said:

Looks good. You might need a silica buster cartridge.

I have this one: http://spectrapure.com/MaxCap-Manual-Flush-90-GPD-RO-DI-System 

It's saying providing 99.95% Silica Removal I think maybe I just need to clean the buckets with RO/DI water more often. :happy: We will see what the next water test at 2 months mark will show, I'll add a water sample directly from the RO/DI next time not from the bucket.

1 hour ago, Berlibee said:

I love to test! Hehehehe .... :lol: 

I have this one: http://spectrapure.com/MaxCap-Manual-Flush-90-GPD-RO-DI-System 

It's saying providing 99.95% Silica Removal I think maybe I just need to clean the buckets with RO/DI water more often. :happy: We will see what the next water test at 2 months mark will show, I'll add a water sample directly from the RO/DI next time not from the bucket.

I have that too but everything exhausts in time. If there is a lot of silica in your source water then it will get exhausted faster.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Interesting thing happening, for more than a month my Alk. is 9.3 and not changing. I'm not doing any water changes, corals are very happy and growing, have good coloration. Sending second water test to ATI now to see what are the parameters of the water after 2 months with no water changes. Sure I've tested them before sending to compare, the most interesting part is that my Hanna ULR didn't show the result of PO4 so high it was lol ... 0.6+ wondering what are the real levels of phosphates now. Tank looks super clean and healthy though.