Top Shelf Aquatics

Condy anenome and a Red Sea Misbar clown

Sammaredsox

Sammaredsox

So I was always told that Clownfish would not host a Condy but see my picture below.  I got this Red Sea Misbar clown and he loves it!  I was going to get him a BTA but it looks like he likes this one.  Anyone see this before?  I know clowns will host weird things but I thought the Condy sting would be too bad for him.  

IMG_1585.PNG

IMG_1589.PNG

coralcousins

Usually the larger type of clowns don't mind condy anemones.  Are you going to move the other clowns out ? That Red Sea clown can get pretty big and aggressive when it grows up. Usually you don't want to keep two types of clowns in a nano since they can become territorial.

• Like 2
Sammaredsox
32 minutes ago, coralcousins said:

Usually the larger type of clowns don't mind condy anemones.  Are you going to move the other clowns out ? That Red Sea clown can get pretty big and aggressive when it grows up. Usually you don't want to keep two types of clowns in a nano since they can become territorial.

Probably will but they have been together for awhile and no issues yet.  They actually swim together and seem to even school together.  It is very weird. They are in a 29 gallon biocube and are the only fish on it.  Think I will keep an eye on them and see how it goes.

• Like 1