inTank Media Baskets

What coral?

Minmay

3 minutes ago, Figster said:

An acan

It just doesnt look like it the outer part is hard. Maybe it was recently fragged and not fully healed yet?

Kinda looks like it could be a favia too. I dunno Acans, favias, and blastos always confuse me until I see them in big groups.  1 or 2 heads and they all look the same, just different colors

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Drewbedo said:

Kinda looks like it could be a favia too. I dunno Acans, favias, and blastos always confuse me until I see them in big groups.  1 or 2 heads and they all look the same, just different colors

Yeah i get confused too with these types until i see them next to each other. 

1 hour ago, Minmay said:

When it gets fragged does it have a hard skeleton?

Yes and enchinata doesn't have the separation between polyps. I'm not 100% sure that's what it is though. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, stellablue said:

Yes and enchinata doesn't have the separation between polyps. I'm not 100% sure that's what it is though. 

O ok. Thank u! 

1 hour ago, stellablue said:

Did a bunch of searching and the main difference between acans and favia are that acans have visible separate heads and favia kind of all look melted together. Although this isn't true of every kind of each species it's more common than not.  So based on the picture I can see a visible separation so I'm going to agree that it's an acan

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Drewbedo said:

Did a bunch of searching and the main difference between acans and favia are that acans have visible separate heads and favia kind of all look melted together. Although this isn't true of every kind of each species it's more common than not.  So based on the picture I can see a visible separation so I'm going to agree that it's an acan

Thank u

Thats an acan. 

Acans have soft "bubbly" heads which are seperate. The skeleton is under the flesh, not visible between the heads.

Favia has a maze look to it, not as fleshy

For reference

The first pic is acan the second is favia

maxresdefault.jpg

red green favia 5-21-11.jpg

• Like 3
48 minutes ago, Clown79 said:

Thats an acan. 

Acans have soft "bubbly" heads which are seperate. The skeleton is under the flesh, not visible between the heads.

Favia has a maze look to it, not as fleshy

For reference

The first pic is acan the second is favia

maxresdefault.jpg

red green favia 5-21-11.jpg

Thank u. Seeing the skeleton confused me. Must've been a fresh frag

2 hours ago, Clown79 said:

I don't see the skeleton in the pic. 

With acans you can see it side few on freshly fragged/growing pieces.

O it wasnt on the pic I posted. I just noticed the skeleton when I took him out the bag. I didnt take a pic cuz the photo quality on my cell probably wouldnt have made a good pic for viewing.