Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Al prime acclimation mode

Minmay

See that little play button in the circle?  That will play an accelerated version of your program. If that works you're off to a great start!

the star allows you to save and load presets so you can make changes without worrying about having to manually undo them as well

• Like 2
1 hour ago, moosubi said:

See that little play button in the circle?  That will play an accelerated version of your program. If that works you're off to a great start!

the star allows you to save and load presets so you can make changes without worrying about having to manually undo them as well

Ooo yes, i did play it amd saved it. Now if I can learn to work the acclimation mode that would be great lol. 

1 minute ago, Minmay said:

Ooo yes, i did play it amd saved it. Now if I can learn to work the acclimation mode that would be great lol. 

put up a shot of your settings screen and we'll see what we can do to help out!

• Like 1
Nixperience
10 minutes ago, Minmay said:

Just turn it on ?

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, moosubi said:

put up a shot of your settings screen and we'll see what we can do to help out!

Here's what the setting looks like now. Looks like the acclimation mode is working now. It didnt go back to default. Am i suppose to keep the starting reduction at 50?

Screenshot_20170518-083717.png

4 minutes ago, Minmay said:

Here's what the setting looks like now. Looks like the acclimation mode is working now. It didnt go back to default. Am i suppose to keep the starting reduction at 50?

Screenshot_20170518-083717.png

Yes, the light will automatically increase the percentage each day depending on the dates you set.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Nixperience said:

Just turn it on ?

I think what the problem was with acclimation mode and the sliders reverting back was that i was trying to set it for the following day?? 

Nixperience
3 minutes ago, Minmay said:

I think what the problem was with acclimation mode and the sliders reverting back was that i was trying to set it for the following day?? 

Oh lol. So it just acclimating really quick. Set it for a month. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Minmay said:

That would definitely do it.  Let's break it down for what I did to acclimate: 

• I wanted my light to start at 50% power, and acclimate over a period of 4 weeks to 100%
    • simplified example setting has blues at 100% and whites at 50%
  • Set my endpoint values in the scheduler as above, blues at 100% and whites at 50%
  • Set acclimation dates and % in settings
    • for this example, we'll use the month of May
    • Start date = May 1, End date = May 31
    • Acclimation % at 50% for all channels

What we'll end up with here, is that on May 1, your blues will run at 50% and your whites will run at 25%

On May 2, your blues will run at ~52% and whites will run ~26% so on so forth until May 31, when your blues will run at full 100% and whites at 50%

Either way, once you set it you don't have to touch it again!  Hopefully that made sense.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, moosubi said:

That would definitely do it.  Let's break it down for what I did to acclimate: 

• I wanted my light to start at 50% power, and acclimate over a period of 4 weeks to 100%
    • simplified example setting has blues at 100% and whites at 50%
  • Set my endpoint values in the scheduler as above, blues at 100% and whites at 50%
  • Set acclimation dates and % in settings
    • for this example, we'll use the month of May
    • Start date = May 1, End date = May 31
    • Acclimation % at 50% for all channels

What we'll end up with here, is that on May 1, your blues will run at 50% and your whites will run at 25%

On May 2, your blues will run at ~52% and whites will run ~26% so on so forth until May 31, when your blues will run at full 100% and whites at 50%

Either way, once you set it you don't have to touch it again!  Hopefully that made sense.

I only have softies. Isnt 100% too much?? I also bought something yesterday that I thought was acan but its not

11 minutes ago, Minmay said:

I only have softies. Isnt 100% too much?? I also bought something yesterday that I thought was acan but its not

Yeah, I wouldn't recommend actually using those settings, it's more of a this is how it would work sort of thing.

Fluval Evo is 15" deep, so 100% would be WAY too much for a softy tank.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, moosubi said:

Yeah, I wouldn't recommend actually using those settings, it's more of a this is how it would work sort of thing.

Fluval Evo is 15" deep, so 100% would be WAY too much for a softy tank.

So i think 30% to acclimate them and max would be 50% for my tank?

1 minute ago, Minmay said:

So i think 30% to acclimate them and max would be 50% for my tank?

With lighting/scape/corals/etc, one can never say for sure, but I like to operate knowing that too much light will kill my corals, while not enough will just slow their growth.  I would start there, and you can always increase later!

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, moosubi said:

With lighting/scape/corals/etc, one can never say for sure, but I like to operate knowing that too much light will kill my corals, while not enough will just slow their growth.  I would start there, and you can always increase later!

When i click on easy set up. It looks like this. I tried to adjust but keeps reverting back. What am I doing wrong?

Screenshot_20170518-093734.png

3 minutes ago, Minmay said:

When i click on easy set up. It looks like this. I tried to adjust but keeps reverting back. What am I doing wrong?

Screenshot_20170518-093734.png

Easy setup will reset your options everytime.  So if you click easy setup, you're basically starting from scratch again.  It will just overwrite what you have set up.  If you want to modify your existing settings, you'll want to use the points on the X scale (time) on the screen with the graph.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, moosubi said:

Easy setup will reset your options everytime.  So if you click easy setup, you're basically starting from scratch again.  It will just overwrite what you have set up.  If you want to modify your existing settings, you'll want to use the points on the X scale (time) on the screen with the graph.

Oic..ok thank u!

• Like 1

Ok so just to clarify...i have current settings like this. I dont have to do anything else right? I can leave it alone and it will do its thing on its own? Do i have to manually turn it off when its lights out?

IMG_2017-05-18_14-13-05.JPG

I can't tell what's selected, manual or auto.  You want to set your maximum/end/desired intensity in auto mode, then enable acclimation.  It will follow your schedule and acclimate automatically.

14 minutes ago, moosubi said:

I can't tell what's selected, manual or auto.  You want to set your maximum/end/desired intensity in auto mode, then enable acclimation.  It will follow your schedule and acclimate automatically.

Manual is set. O ok. Thank u!

Just now, Minmay said:

Manual is set. O ok. Thank u!

Yeah, so set your schedule, and have the light run on auto.  You won't need to touch acclimation at all, that's set fine already :)

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, moosubi said:

Yeah, so set your schedule, and have the light run on auto.  You won't need to touch acclimation at all, that's set fine already :)

I'll fiddle around with it after work. I swear the Job interfers with what I really wanna do lol

Ooo and thanks again (all of u who responded) for your patience with me. 

• 3 months later...

Sorry, to bring up an old thread but the prime setup seems to be quite confusing.

I've setup my scheduling and also enabled acclimate mode however the scheduling doesn't show the reduction in lighting when I click play? Also is there an overall scheduling (led values) that works well for most corals?