Top Shelf Aquatics

Al prime acclimation mode

Minmay

Hi all, so i just got this light today and trying to setup acclimation mode. It seems as tho it doesnt want to save the settings. Can some help me understand how to use this light. Thank u in advance.

not sure what settings it isn't saving, could you provide more details on what you're seeing? Acclimation has a start and an end date, so if you're running everything at 100%, start acclimation may 19 through 23 at 50% reduction, it'll run at 50 on the 19th, 60 on the 20th etc etc. also, make sure you set the slider to on :P

• Like 1
Nixperience

First set up your schedule the way you like it. Then turn on acclimation mode and set the dates of how long. It will dim and gradually brighten day by day until it reaches your original schedule. 

IMG_1199.PNG

IMG_1200.PNG

• Like 2
1 minute ago, moosubi said:

not sure what settings it isn't saving, could you provide more details on what you're seeing? Acclimation has a start and an end date, so if you're running everything at 100%, start acclimation may 19 through 23 at 50% reduction, it'll run at 50 on the 19th, 60 on the 20th etc etc. also, make sure you set the slider to on :P

I slide it to on and set the date etc but when exiting out and going back to it to make sure its set, it went back to default and slider off.

• Like 1
Just now, Minmay said:

I slide it to on and set the date etc but when exiting out and going back to it to make sure its set, it went back to default and slider off.

I did have connection issues with mine over crowded wifi. I would always make sure my dashboard had the circle around "schedule" before going in and making any changes. Perhaps it's worth running through the setup one more time, though I agree it's strange...

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Nixperience said:

Set up your schedule the way you like it. Then turn on acclimation mode and set the dates of how long. It will dim and gradually brighten day by day until it reaches your original schedule. 

So i would go to control button first and set it then go to effect button acclimation mode set dates and turn slider on?

Nixperience
1 minute ago, Minmay said:

So i would go to control button first and set it then go to effect button acclimation mode set dates and turn slider on?

Yes. Acclimation mode just adjusts your original settings gradually. You should see the lights dim as you turn it on. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, moosubi said:

I did have connection issues with mine over crowded wifi. I would always make sure my dashboard had the circle around "schedule" before going in and making any changes. Perhaps it's worth running through the setup one more time, though I agree it's strange...

I dont think its connection issues. Its the user (me) that has the issues ???. I've never used a light that I would have full control. Only light i've used before is for my FW tank which is on, blue, off lol

1 minute ago, Nixperience said:

Yes. Acclimation mode just adjusts your original settings gradually. You should see the lights dim as you turn it on. 

Oooo thank you for clarifying that cuz that lil quick guide was no damn help lol

• Like 2
Nixperience
2 minutes ago, Minmay said:

I dont think its connection issues. Its the user (me) that has the issues ???. I've never used a light that I would have full control. Only light i've used before is for my FW tank which is on, blue, off lol

Oooo thank you for clarifying that cuz that lil quick guide was no damn help lol

Lol. Did it work?

5 minutes ago, Nixperience said:

Lol. Did it work?

I dont think so. My app stopped working then would adk me do i want to restart. Do u think I should uninstall and reinstall the app?

Nixperience
6 hours ago, Minmay said:

How would I reset the light? Unplug it?

The little button underneath. I think if you hold it down for 10 seconds it resets to factory settings. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Nixperience said:

First set up your schedule the way you like it. Then turn on acclimation mode and set the dates of how long. It will dim and gradually brighten day by day until it reaches your original schedule. 

IMG_1199.PNG

IMG_1200.PNG

You programmed each of those points?  A tip of the hat to you sir! I have not the patience to program settings for every thirty minutes of the photoperiod.  I went with the easy set up and just set my max and then used the ramp up and down timer.  I've also just been manually increasing the strength by 2-3% each day over the past 2 weeks instead of using the acclimation mode.

• Like 1
Nixperience
11 minutes ago, TheBig053 said:

You programmed each of those points?  A tip of the hat to you sir! I have not the patience to program settings for every thirty minutes of the photoperiod.  I went with the easy set up and just set my max and then used the ramp up and down timer.  I've also just been manually increasing the strength by 2-3% each day over the past 2 weeks instead of using the acclimation mode.

Ya. Pretty much every hour or so if I'm staring at the tank, I'll tweak the lights. It added up over time. 

Minmay, here are my current settings. Still building up to between 75-80% for the violets and blues. I think for now I will be keeping the red, green, and clear white where they are. 

IMG_1300.thumb.PNG.6a5d49acdb47e34ee9bb794fe630ab91.PNG

I use the easy set up button to set the ramp up and down time. Once I figure out the max power that works for my tank I may shorten or lengthen (most likely shorten) the amount of time it is at peak setting. 

Hope this helps to clarify some.  I am still figuring this light out also. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, TheBig053 said:

Minmay, here are my current settings. Still building up to between 75-80% for the violets and blues. I think for now I will be keeping the red, green, and clear white where they are. 

IMG_1300.thumb.PNG.6a5d49acdb47e34ee9bb794fe630ab91.PNG

I use the easy set up button to set the ramp up and down time. Once I figure out the max power that works for my tank I may shorten or lengthen (most likely shorten) the amount of time it is at peak setting. 

Hope this helps to clarify some.  I am still figuring this light out also. 

Thank u Mr. Big...i'll get up now and play with the light. Wish me luck

• Like 1
Nixperience

Once you get your basic setup, you can punch in adjustments in between the time spots to make new ones and a more smooth ramp. I never see my lights change because it's so gradual. I even offset my hydra's schedule by 10 minutes from my Prime to simulate a sunrise on one side of the tank and sunset on the other haha. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Nixperience said:

Once you get your basic setup, you can punch in adjustments in between the time spots to make new ones and a more smooth ramp. I never see my lights change because it's so gradual. I even offset my hydra's schedule by 10 minutes from my Prime to simulate a sunrise on one side of the tank and sunset on the other haha. 

Yeah, using the auto ramp up/down does cause the light to jump brightness suddenly about every 15-30 minutes (haven't timed this out yet).  I suppose I should sit down at some point and program it so its a little smoother and natural looking.

Nixperience
14 minutes ago, TheBig053 said:

Yeah, using the auto ramp up/down does cause the light to jump brightness suddenly about every 15-30 minutes (haven't timed this out yet).  I suppose I should sit down at some point and program it so its a little smoother and natural looking.

Just start with the points in between first. So if it goes from 8am to 12pm, make a point at 10am. Then work your way out from there when you have time. 

I set everything at 30%. I want to have a sunrise amd sunset but my settings never seem to stay put. Always goes back to default. Man this learning curve is prolly gonna be a Long one lol

• Like 1
Nixperience
2 minutes ago, Minmay said:

I set everything at 30%. I want to have a sunrise amd sunset but my settings never seem to stay put. Always goes back to default. Man this learning curve is prolly gonna be a Long one lol

Sounds like you've got some reading to do.