Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

how would you set up an office aquarium.

Mr. Lovestrong

Mr. Lovestrong

Hi, Chris here, long time listener, first time caller. big fan of your show.

I am looking to upgrade the aquarium in my office again. I started out with a 5 gallon cube with a jebao hang on back skimmer and an eheim marine 7 watt pendant, then upgraded the jebao to a aquaclear modded refugium/media filter. about a year of running that set up I upgraded the tank to an aqua japan 8 gallon cube and a kessil A80 and vortech mp10qd with battery back up. I have maintained a mostly sps reef with the A80 and lots of supplemental daylight. pretty proud of the fact i have not killed any livestock in 2 years! if you dont count the dragonette who jumped out. i have growing colonies of red dragon, pink birdnest, a digitata (species unknown)., a couple of different brain corals, an acan that im not sure of the name, some assorted plating and encrusting montipora, green slimer, and a few other that i am forgetting the name, and of course "flipper" the ocellaris percula, my little buddy, doesnt say much but is good company. i feed aquaforest coral food every other day and do a 90% water change weekly.

now i am looking to better automate the process of maintenance and upkeep and keep the tank a little more stable.

So far I have compiled;

Nanobox Duo plus M

Innovative marine automatic top off

eshopps 2 head master dosing pump + 3 head dosing pump

eshopps  compartment fluid container

aquaforest 3 component 

vortech mp10qd

neotherm heaters

so now i need your ideas and suggestions for the tank and whether or not i should add a sump. any other suggestions for equipment that has made your maintenance and upkeep easier? 

Simulated Fish

Sump would make life easier, definitely help to hide equipment and bring noise down and give it a cleaner look.

Sounds like what you have going is working, and that's always a good thing!

Give me a second and I will dig up my favorite office tank journal here on nano-reef.com

:welcome:

Found it! I love this tank, super clean, great equipment and by the end well automated too.

I high suggest giving it a read, it's a 12g long tank, might help you make some decisions. :)

Archived