ReefCleaners.org

Where do y'all live?

Derrick1980

coralcousins
2 hours ago, Kellie in CA said:

Claremont, CA   (35 miles outside of Los Angeles)

What's your go to fish/coral store ? I'm in the same area but only know of Jan's Tropical and Global Aquatics. 

Kellie in CA
29 minutes ago, coralcousins said:

What's your go to fish/coral store ? I'm in the same area but only know of Jan's Tropical and Global Aquatics. 

Global for live rock, since you can dig around and find exactly what you want.  But I have had horrible luck with their fish.

Jan's has given me good healthy fish/livestock.

There is a store in Rancho on Foothill that has a few frag tanks (Tropical Reef?) , but it's hit or miss if they are going to be clean or not. 

Other than that... most of my frags have come from the LARS Coral Market that happens every June.  It is awesome!  Highly recommend.

• Like 1
Derrick1980
2 hours ago, Kellie in CA said:

Global for live rock, since you can dig around and find exactly what you want.  But I have had horrible luck with their fish.

Jan's has given me good healthy fish/livestock.

There is a store in Rancho on Foothill that has a few frag tanks (Tropical Reef?) , but it's hit or miss if they are going to be clean or not. 

Other than that... most of my frags have come from the LARS Coral Market that happens every June.  It is awesome!  Highly recommend.

There are only 2 LFS here in Panama City, FL.. one is at the beach and is great for live rock because like you said you can pick what you like and they have regular rock and then a tank set up with red Coraline encrusted.  Then there's the store downtown that has TONS of coral, all size frags, pretty much anything you could want.  They are good for fish too.  Surprisingly the store at the beach isn't as good.

24 minutes ago, gone_PHiSHin said:

no one else in Colorado either??

I was in Colorado (littleton) but I didn't know anyone from NR was there when we lived there.  lol  You should join MASC if you haven't already, they're a great club.  I know its a little bit of a drive from Boulder, but worth it.  There's another club in Colorado Springs too, but ours was better :P 

1 hour ago, Halo_003 said:

Beginning of the month: Gainesville

Currently: Jacksonville

At the end of the month: Chicago

Scary time for my animals.

Have you been to that Koi Corner store in Palatka?  I've been meaning to drive.  FB makes it look really good.  We're new to the area so our local shops have been our exploration zones.

31 minutes ago, lkoechle said:

Have you been to that Koi Corner store in Palatka?  I've been meaning to drive.  FB makes it look really good.  We're new to the area so our local shops have been our exploration zones.

I haven't, heard tons of good things about it. The stores in Jacksonville are pretty great though.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Halo_003 said:

I haven't, heard tons of good things about it. The stores in Jacksonville are pretty great though.

Yeah, we really like BioReef and Coral Logic.  I just have to persuade one of them to carry Selco Boost so I don't have to make the drive to Orange Park Aquatics (that's like 40 minutes from me)

1 hour ago, lkoechle said:

Yeah, we really like BioReef and Coral Logic.  I just have to persuade one of them to carry Selco Boost so I don't have to make the drive to Orange Park Aquatics (that's like 40 minutes from me)

Aside from distance, I hate going to OPA because I utterly hate Orange Park and Blanding. I love OPA as a store, but the location makes it very hard to go. BioReef and Coral Logic are top notch.

WhiteWulfe

I'm in a city in Northern Alberta where so many don't seem to understand airport codes, and add "dt" onto said international airport code as if it means something (you can't have a downtown.... In a county people!!!) 

Derrick1980
3 hours ago, lkoechle said:

I was in Colorado (littleton) but I didn't know anyone from NR was there when we lived there.  lol  You should join MASC if you haven't already, they're a great club.  I know its a little bit of a drive from Boulder, but worth it.  There's another club in Colorado Springs too, but ours was better :P 

I use to keep koi.  Had several large ponds I had made in the yard.  Still have one 8' by 8' by 8' but it's overgrown and needs work.  I should revive it.

8 hours ago, Graver said:

Tempe, AZ 

it was 114 at 9 am the morning in the beginning of May when we left Phoenix (goodyear) for good.  No thank you. lol

Is Reef Culture still open? It had just opened when we got started in the hobby but wasnt doing so hot when we left.