Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Oceanbox Custom Coral Shelve Review

ninjamyst

I was looking for small frag shelve for my overflow and Oceanbox Design came through with a great product.  I needed magnets on both side that can be submerged, and I don't think anyone else does it but Oceanbox Design.  This isn't a regular frag rack.  This is designed for making your backwall / AIO insert / overflow part of your aquascape.  A couple of cool features:

• Black acrylic to match black backwall, very discrete
  • Strong double magnets to hold frag that will eventually turn into small colonies (hopefully =P)
  • No frag holes because frag plug is ugly
  • It has its own backwall for encrusting acros.  There's a small gap between its backwall and your tank's backwall to hopefully prevent corals from encrusting onto your tank's backwall.

34642512135_9893324eac_z.jpg

Pink milli mounted.  Please excuse the crappy glue job.  I hate gluing corals.  But the milli will grow the glue in no time!

33799674524_a79c968f51_z.jpg

Only noticeable now cuz it's a closeup and again, crappy glue job.  

33799642994_6f22ccb011_z.jpg

FTS.  The frag shelves are hardly noticeable.  

34480505052_db1481f286_z.jpg

Overall, I am very satisfied and may have to get a few more.  

• Like 6
Oceanbox Designs
14 hours ago, 1891Bro said:

Man, I keep reading good reviews about @Oceanbox Designs. If I ever get what I ordered I'll post a positive review too. 

Anticipated to shipping your custom ATO container within next week. I'm sorry for the extra delay I should have absolutely no excuses but things have been very hectic for me a bit more than I can handle currently but I'll throw in something extra for you :)

• Like 3
Oceanbox Designs
14 hours ago, ninjamyst said:

I was looking for small frag shelve for my overflow and Oceanbox Design came through with a great product.  I needed magnets on both side that can be submerged, and I don't think anyone else does it but Oceanbox Design.  This isn't a regular frag rack.  This is designed for making your backwall / AIO insert / overflow part of your aquascape.  A couple of cool features:

• Black acrylic to match black backwall, very discrete
  • Strong double magnets to hold frag that will eventually turn into small colonies (hopefully =P)
  • No frag holes because frag plug is ugly
  • It has its own backwall for encrusting acros.  There's a small gap between its backwall and your tank's backwall to hopefully prevent corals from encrusting onto your tank's backwall.

34642512135_9893324eac_z.jpg

Pink milli mounted.  Please excuse the crappy glue job.  I hate gluing corals.  But the milli will grow the glue in no time!

33799674524_a79c968f51_z.jpg

Only noticeable now cuz it's a closeup and again, crappy glue job.  

33799642994_6f22ccb011_z.jpg

FTS.  The frag shelves are hardly noticeable.  

34480505052_db1481f286_z.jpg

Overall, I am very satisfied and may have to get a few more.  

Awesome review and nice pics! Those racks needed to be flipped :) but im glad I got this right and worked for you. Can't wait to see when they become colonies.

Oceanbox Designs
21 hours ago, pal said:

@Oceanbox Designs I would like to order a few of these . Didn't see them on your website.

They were custom made. I'll send you a pm on details. Thanks!

I put my frag rack upside down at first too when I got one. I was thinking awww man this is upside down don't want to stick my hand back in the tank. :lol:

• Like 1
aviator300
On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 10:51 PM, Oceanbox Designs said:

Awesome review and nice pics! Those racks needed to be flipped :) but im glad I got this right and worked for you. Can't wait to see when they become colonies.

Looks like a great product and I'm sure you will sell many, but 20.00 for a small single frag shelf seems a little steep. I almost ordered one just to try instead of glue but when I saw my order approaching 30 bucks with shipping and tax for a little single shelf I balked.

I have ordered from you twice before and got this for the same price 19.95 Oceanbox Designs™ Mini Reef Coral Frags Rack 8x5" - 28 Holes

• Like 1
Oceanbox Designs
4 hours ago, aviator300 said:

Looks like a great product and I'm sure you will sell many, but 20.00 for a small single frag shelf seems a little steep. I almost ordered one just to try instead of glue but when I saw my order approaching 30 bucks with shipping and tax for a little single shelf I balked.

I have ordered from you twice before and got this for the same price 19.95 Oceanbox Designs™ Mini Reef Coral Frags Rack 8x5" - 28 Holes

Check out the new sales price and see if it would change your mind. I'd recommend getting more than 1 because the shipping will be the same so it will split across evenly and will be cheapest that way.

• Recommended Discussions