Innovative Marine Aquariums

RO/DI in small condo

david33759

david33759

Hello everyone!

I have been thinking of obtaining an RO/DI unit from BRS but I am having a hard time figuring out where to place such a unit. Ideally, I would like it hard wired and not having to hook it up to a faucet, etc but would like some ideas on what others may have done being in a small space. I don't see having more than 20-30 gallons on hand as my tank is only 20.

Can any of you show my how you have a system set up in a small space? I am looking at the BRS 6 stage unit.

Thanks in advance for any advice/tips!

Marc.The.Shark

I have mine tapped into the cold water supply in the laundry room with one of those faucet Y connectors & have the RO/DI unit on the floor next to the washer. I run the discharge into the washer drain & have it zip tied to the discharge pipe. Works good and a snap to remove cause we're building a house and selling the condo. Have had it like that for a couple of years now, no issues.

I have a 20gal tank as well & only keep 10gals on hand at a time. 5 for my ATO and 5 for water change. Two 5 gallon buckets.

david33759

Thanks for replying, Marc! Do you have a ten gallon container set up with a valve to stop when full or do you just wait around while the buckets fill? Since the kit on plan on buying has the valve, I was considering having a larger container set up. I am more or less trying to figure out how I can get a smaller container set up with the valve to stop once full. I've also heard that making small batches also depletes the cartridges for the ro/di unit and was wondering if you can tell me your experience.

SaltyBuddha

Well, I know you want it wired in, but I figured I would give you my experience. I live in a small apartment and store my unit above my laundry machines. I have a faucet adapter that I can connect to either my bathroom or kitchen faucet. Its really easy and quick to set it up and to put it away. I tied some wire on the top of the unit so I could coil all the tubes up to keep the filters wet even when stored. I use the 5 gallon water jugs for drinking water. I set it up, put on a timer, and collect the clean water. The water jugs make it easy to measure out 5 gallons and are easy to move in the small apartment. 

gone_PHiSHin

i live in a small condo and i just mounted mine to the wall in my laundry room.  it's hooked up to the cold water supply in there, and the waste water hose goes into a small drain i have in there.  i have 2 five gallon jugs in there and two five gallon buckets for WCs.  i only have 5 gallons of water ready at a time.  that's all i need for my IM10

Archived