Cultivated Reef

Marineland contour 5

Tygibson

Hello I'm new to the salt water hobby and have a marineland contour 5 set up. I've tried looking for pictures of any contour 5 nano reefs but there isn't very many so I figured I'd post mine and see if anyone has any advise or feedback? And maybe others with the same tank can post some pictures of their set up 

IMG_2440.JPG

IMG_2449.JPG

• Like 1
Simulated Fish

I know the shape makes it difficult to scape in so that makes it less popular. Your tower scape looks awesome though!

What have you stocked it with so far, age of tank? DETAILS! :haha: lol

:welcome: to nano reef @Tygibson

Thank you! 

And right now I have a small black and white clownfish, 3 hermit crabs, two mushroom corals, a small Kenya tree, two bubble tip anemones,  and a couple heads of hammer corals.

the tank is about 4 months old now, I bought it about a month ago from the fish store and they had already had it set up and established for about 3 months before I bought it. I swapped the original lighting with the fluval sea full spectrum nano LED. When I first purchased the tank it just had a plain white piece of live rock so I swapped it out for the nice rock I have now and I just got the corals a couple days ago 

IMG_2383.JPG

I am wondering if i should take out the barnacles and the one smaller piece of live rock at the back of the tank because they take up so much room and it will be hard to clean the gravel when I'm cleaning the tank. Do you think the tank would need those or do you think I would be okay to take them out? 

image.jpg

IMG_2467.JPG

Simulated Fish

You have plenty of rock in the tank, removing them would be fine. Barnacle is a good hiding spot for fish though.

Alright cool, thank you. And about the barnacle, yeah that is a good point but my clown hasn't even went near them yet so that's why I was thinking about taking them out 

• 1 year later...