Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Lula Mae's full circle 5.5--the end.

Lula_Mae

3 hours ago, Weetabix7 said:

:furious: Sounds like you need to be super cautious about purchasing from them in the future. 

I'm really sorry, she's a super cutie and has the coolest markings, but she also does look super rough. :(

As for the food, I personally just got lucky and found it at my LFS, mixed in with the frozen food they sell. 

I was kinda surprised they carry it, to tell the truth. 

Just got back home.  Over 2.5 hours of drive time to try to save this little fishie lol.  Unless  there are big changes there, I expect this will be the last fish I buy from them.  They're hard for me to get to anyway, but I definitely won't be frequenting them now...very disappointed in the whole thing.  They did have a couple St. Thomas mushrooms but the carpet of bubble algae in the frag tank scared me off lol.  I let her cuteness overrule my good sense and that was my mistake.  I did tell them if she got better I'd take her back, they said it shouldn't be a problem since I'd already paid for her. :rolleyes: They tried to get me to buy some kind of food, Dr. Somebody-or-other's since apparently they've had a lot of success getting reluctant fish to eat, but I said I didn't have the resources to keep trying different meds and I didn't know what was wrong with her anyway and wanted them to take her.  As bad as she looked, I'd be surprised if she lasted more than a few days.  Wonder if they've had any other losses from the tanks on that wall?

2 hours ago, ninjamyst said:

it's hard to find a LFS you can trust.  sorry about the clown.  

It sure is, and a city as big as Charlotte should have more than 3 plus a couple Petcos.  Kinda sad.  Thanks, I miss her already but I feel like I did the right thing.

Out of curiosity, what's a typical warranty/return policy for fish from an LFS, that ya'll have seen?

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

Just got back home.  Over 2.5 hours of drive time to try to save this little fishie lol.  Unless  there are big changes there, I expect this will be the last fish I buy from them.  They're hard for me to get to anyway, but I definitely won't be frequenting them now...very disappointed in the whole thing.  They did have a couple St. Thomas mushrooms but the carpet of bubble algae in the frag tank scared me off lol.  I let her cuteness overrule my good sense and that was my mistake.  I did tell them if she got better I'd take her back, they said it shouldn't be a problem since I'd already paid for her. :rolleyes: They tried to get me to buy some kind of food, Dr. Somebody-or-other's since apparently they've had a lot of success getting reluctant fish to eat, but I said I didn't have the resources to keep trying different meds and I didn't know what was wrong with her anyway and wanted them to take her.  As bad as she looked, I'd be surprised if she lasted more than a few days.  Wonder if they've had any other losses from the tanks on that wall?

It sure is, and a city as big as Charlotte should have more than 3 plus a couple Petcos.  Kinda sad.  Thanks, I miss her already but I feel like I did the right thing.

Out of curiosity, what's a typical warranty/return policy for fish from an LFS, that ya'll have seen?

My main spot, Neptune Aquatics in San Jose, has a zero guarantee on live stock. Still, you go there, super nice place, all the staff I've spoken with seem to be into the hobby and not just there for a check. Most of the (Reef safe) fish for sale are in the frag or invert tanks so no copper. 

Lol @ charlotte being big city though. 

Thats a bummer really though, and a long ride.  Are there no better options? I guess once the gas and time reach a certain point you're just better off shipping I dunno. Rural world problems (I've been there). 

6 minutes ago, 1891Bro said:

My main spot, Neptune Aquatics in San Jose, has a zero guarantee on live stock. Still, you go there, super nice place, all the staff I've spoken with seem to be into the hobby and not just there for a check. Most of the (Reef safe) fish for sale are in the frag or invert tanks so no copper. 

Lol @ charlotte being big city though. 

Thats a bummer really though, and a long ride.  Are there no better options? I guess once the gas and time reach a certain point you're just better off shipping I dunno. Rural world problems (I've been there). 

There's two other saltwater stores I know of, one's large but only one quartet of frag tanks (start small and progress to full-size colonies) but not too much selection for small tanks from what I've seen, plenty for large tanks I think.  The other is small but the fish seemed healthy; only reason I didn't get a fish from them when I was there was they were all quite big clowns and I was afraid of a clown loving my frags to death lol.  Charlotte's the second biggest city in the southeast after Atlanta though it's nothing like where you are, but a city its size should have a decent selection imo.  And yeah, there comes a point where shipping is cheaper than gas, especially since the selection is mostly stuff I'm not interested in (I'm kinda picky lol).

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Lula_Mae said:

Sadly I usually buy online just for the guarantee because the one place anywhere near my house has zero guarantee.  If it dies in the parking lot you are out of luck. 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Sadly I usually buy online just for the guarantee because the one place anywhere near my house has zero guarantee.  If it dies in the parking lot you are out of luck. 

Yeah, there's really no guarantee at my local LFS. Caveat Emptor and all that, so I'm cautious buying from them. 

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

2 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

Yeah, there's really no guarantee at my local LFS. Caveat Emptor and all that, so I'm cautious buying from them. 

Lol guess I got spoiled by great online guarantees.  I think even Petco has a better guarantee than these LFS!  Oh well.  Lesson learned.  :closedeyes:

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

Lol guess I got spoiled by great online guarantees.  I think even Petco has a better guarantee than these LFS!  Oh well.  Lesson learned.  :closedeyes:

Yeah, the big box guys can afford it. Small local places could lose their ass with guarantees, think about all the derricks that but fish everyday. 

• Like 5
Just now, 1891Bro said:

Yeah, the big box guys can afford it. Small local places could lose their ass with guarantees, think about all the derricks that but fish everyday. 

You have a point! :lol:

My dad still asks after his shenanigans, referring to him as "Morton's salt guy." :lol:

• Like 5
10 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

You have a point! :lol:

My dad still asks after his shenanigans, referring to him as "Morton's salt guy." :lol:

He's still around.  I see his name pop up in the list.  

• Like 3

I have yet to have a critter perish from my store here in Madison. But, I am pretty sure it would all depend on what it was and if they thought you were doing it right. They are super vigilant about protecting their stock...they are very small and Madison is expensive af.

I have to say that it makes me feel good that you have tried as hard as you have to save the little one. You are awesome.

• Like 5

I've got a local shop near me in Jersey that's probably the best small time fish store I have ever seen (and being a suburb of philly we have quite a bit of them around). All their incoming stock goes through a lengthy quarantine process and they refuse to sell you anything until it makes it through the process and they ship countrywide too! It's called TSM Corals, if your going to buy online I suggest checking them out.

• Like 5
30 minutes ago, Drewbedo said:

I've got a local shop near me in Jersey that's probably the best small time fish store I have ever seen (and being a suburb of philly we have quite a bit of them around). All their incoming stock goes through a lengthy quarantine process and they refuse to sell you anything until it makes it through the process and they ship countrywide too! It's called TSM Corals, if your going to buy online I suggest checking them out.

I heard about it. Nothing but good things too. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Nidilsky said:

I have yet to have a critter perish from my store here in Madison. But, I am pretty sure it would all depend on what it was and if they thought you were doing it right. They are super vigilant about protecting their stock...they are very small and Madison is expensive af.

I have to say that it makes me feel good that you have tried as hard as you have to save the little one. You are awesome.

Aww thanks! :blush: I wish I could've done more for her but since I couldn't even figure out what was wrong with her I didn't know where to start.  Hoping to get a chance to call and check on her, I miss her cute little self!

11 hours ago, Drewbedo said:

Thanks for the recommendation, I took a look at them last night and looks like they have a nice selection.  Wonder if they ever get PSW's or GBGs... :happy:

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, gena said:

Hahaha....what happened on page 4???? :lol::unsure:

Uh, tbh I am not really sure lol.  I made a couple of teasing posts on 1891Bro's thread and then that happened... :unsure:

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

Uh, tbh I am not really sure lol.  I made a couple of teasing posts on 1891Bro's thread and then that happened... :unsure:

The old dish and take. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, 1891Bro said:

Yeah, you hated the attention. :eyerollemoji: ?

It worked!

If by worked you mean I quit posting silly memes on your thread, then yes, yes it did. :P

1 minute ago, Lula_Mae said:

If by worked you mean I quit posting silly memes on your thread, then yes, yes it did. :P

Yeahhhh..... there's a reason I'm not posting on 1891's thread.....

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Weetabix7 said:

Yes, I haz learned my lesson! :rolleyes::lol:

• Like 2
48 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

I really just meant the emoji from iPhone worked. 

46 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

Fine, both of y'all. If anyone asks I kicked ya out though. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, 1891Bro said:

I really just meant the emoji from iPhone worked. 

Fine, both of y'all. If anyone asks I kicked ya out though. 

Oh lol.

I'm mostly teasing.  Mostly. :unsure:  :lol:

• Like 2

Have made some changes to the tank and took pics but haven't uploaded them.  :rolleyes: It will have to wait, though, because I start my new job today!!! omgomgomg  :happydance:  :D  B):wizard:  :flower:

• Like 6
2 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

Have made some changes to the tank and took pics but haven't uploaded them.  :rolleyes: It will have to wait, though, because I start my new job today!!! omgomgomg  :happydance:  :D  B):wizard:  :flower:

Hope it goes well!!