Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Lula Mae's full circle 5.5--the end.

Lula_Mae

It's here!  My package is here! omgomgomg  Working on getting things acclimated, I can't float them all at the same time! #smalltankproblems :lol:

• Like 10

Welp, stuff is in the tank but first a couple pics from this morning!

I think the ugly brown palys are starting to regain their color!

IMG_20170613_135144082

Teeny red duster on the micro zoa rock...these zoas are not doing well.  Not sure why.

IMG_20170613_135130749

Happy tank FTS this morning:

IMG_20170613_135041362

Then, after my package came and I was unpacking things, I found a couple of hitchhikers that I'm not sure what they are or if they are safe lol.  ID help wanted!

Nudibranch/sea slug thingie:

IMG_20170613_174420

This thing seriously looks and moves like a spider but I think it only has six legs.  Some kind of hydroid maybe?

IMG_20170613_173841

IMG_20170613_172507553

Pics of the haul coming soon!

• Like 2

So I got a bunch of nice stuff from Legendary Corals!  Everything was well packaged and most stuff was open in the bags!  Everything was protected with a little plastic cup around it.  I got the two hitchhikers noted above which I have not put in the tank yet.  What I got:

Two rics--a purplish Haitian ricordea and a Puerto Rican orangey-purpley rainbow with aqua-greenish rim--really phenomenal in the pictures!  The nudi came on one of these.

A purple encrusting photosynthetic sponge!  This is what the clear spidery thing came on.

Zoas!  I got a two-polyped frag of Blondies (complete with a baby forming!), an 11-ish polyp frag of Punk Princesses, a six-polyped frag of Purpleberry Fantasies, and a 4-5+ polyped frag of Bubble Gum Pinks.

A purple frogspawn!!!

And last but not least, a little showpiece for my tank, purple and teal Pearlberry Blastomussa.

While placing everything I knocked my big green grandis paly over and it landed on the sinularia and kenya tree so they are all peeved right now.  Going to keep a close eye on the paly, especially.  Also knocked the rock that was holding the dragon's breath so it's stuffed in the corner for the moment.

Now what you have all been waiting for!  Pics!

Zoas!  The front left are the blondies, the long-stalked ones are the punk princesses, and I haven't figured out which of the other two is which because they haven't opened lol.

IMG_20170613_173403467

IMG_20170613_173409746

Purple encrusting sponge in the middle.  You can see how mad the sinularia is to the left of it lol.

IMG_20170613_173306028

Purple sponge to the left, new rics on the right.  You can see my fluffy acans and the blasto that hated the move behind the rics, they were touching the other day and the acan had white stuff coming out its side so I separated them.  Can't even see the spot now!

IMG_20170613_174255

New rics!  Lighting looks a little blue in this pic.

IMG_20170613_174003

Last but not least, the purpleberry blastos and frogspawn, with opening-up punk princesses making a cameo!

IMG_20170613_174111

Close-up top-down.  The blastos look a lot like their WYSIWYG pic here!

IMG_20170613_174211

I am super thrilled, and thanks to Legendary Corals for some amazingly gorgeous specimens!  Can't wait till everything settles in!

• Like 12
fishfreak0114

I love the blastos!!!  Everything looks really nice. Is the spidery thing a sea spider?  If so, perhaps it lives on the sponge?

Just now, fishfreak0114 said:

I love the blastos!!!  Everything looks really nice. Is the spidery thing a sea spider?  If so, perhaps it lives on the sponge?

I have no idea!  It was on the sponge.  I will look it up.  Is it harmful?

fishfreak0114

I think some are harmful, like zoa spiders. But some are harmless.  Now the real question is how can you tell good from bad?

• Like 1
Just now, fishfreak0114 said:

I think some are harmful, like zoa spiders. But some are harmless.  Now the real question is how can you tell good from bad?

Haha for real.  It's basically transparent.

Welp, I've found a couple things that say most sea spiders are carnivorous, and Wikipedia says sponges are on the diet for some of them, so...maybe it won't go into the tank lol.

• Like 2

Looks like a caulerpa sea slug. Possibly. Lol. Not sure about the spider thing 

Actually I think the spider thing might be a hydroid 

1 minute ago, stellablue said:

Looks like a caulerpa sea slug. Possibly. Lol. Not sure about the spider thing 

Actually I think the spider thing might be a hydroid 

I wondered if the spidery thing was a hydroid too but it literally moves like a spider--joints in the legs and all.  Do hydroids do that?

Caulerpa sea slug huh?  Does that mean they eat caulerpa? :lol:

5 minutes ago, SeaFurn said:

Wow! Everything looks great!

Yeah not so sure about that spider thing though! I'm amazed you spotted it! 

Thanks!  Yeah when I opened the sponge bag and saw it I was like THERE'S A SPIDER ON MY SPONGE WHAT IS THIS THING!?!?!

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

Thanks!  Yeah when I opened the sponge bag and saw it I was like THERE'S A SPIDER ON MY SPONGE WHAT IS THIS THING!?!?!

Exactly the same feeling as when I shined a light in my bowl one time and saw a bristle worm!!! 

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, MrBill2u said:

Looks like you've had an exciting day, Lula Mae!  That tank must be the pride of Nawth Cackalacky!  

Haha thanks!  I dunno about all of NC but it's certainly the pride of my little corner of it!  :happy:

17 minutes ago, SeaFurn said:

Exactly the same feeling as when I shined a light in my bowl one time and saw a bristle worm!!! 

Yeah they're a little freaky looking the first time you see them!

• Like 2

I love your pickups!  I'm usually one that likes to save the little creatures, but I'd probably ixnay the spideray :lol:.  That yellow nudi is cool though.  I hope he works out for you!

16 hours ago, Type-H20 said:

one of my favorite tanks.

Aww thanks! :blush:  Such a huge compliment! :flower:

9 hours ago, Weetabix7 said:

Love those Blastos, tho it all looks good. 

I def wouldn't keep the spider, not sure on the nudi.

Thanks, they are my new favoritest corals!  I still haven't figured out an ID on the nudi so he's still in the bowl lol.  He's barely moved since yesterday so I'm not even sure if he's alive...  Spider is a definite nope!

6 hours ago, gena said:

I love your pickups!  I'm usually one that likes to save the little creatures, but I'd probably ixnay the spideray :lol:.  That yellow nudi is cool though.  I hope he works out for you!

Haha yeah it freaked me out a little when I found it!  I like to save things too but not this.  I'm scerred to put the nudi in since I have no idea what he is, all kinds of "yellow/black/yellow and black/caribbean (since he was found on a ric) nudi/nudibranch/sea lettuce/sea slug" searches have yielded many colorful creatures but not what it is! :wacko: 

I can't wait for things to open, I forgot to switch the light back on from turning it off yesterday so I did that when I came home while ago from lunch with one certain @Weetabix7 who was in my neck of the woods! ;)  It was great to meet you in real life Weetie!  Once stuff opens up a bit I hope to get more pics of the pretties. :happy:

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Lula_Mae said:

Aww thanks! :blush:  Such a huge compliment! :flower:

Thanks, they are my new favoritest corals!  I still haven't figured out an ID on the nudi so he's still in the bowl lol.  He's barely moved since yesterday so I'm not even sure if he's alive...  Spider is a definite nope!

Haha yeah it freaked me out a little when I found it!  I like to save things too but not this.  I'm scerred to put the nudi in since I have no idea what he is, all kinds of "yellow/black/yellow and black/caribbean (since he was found on a ric) nudi/nudibranch/sea lettuce/sea slug" searches have yielded many colorful creatures but not what it is! :wacko: 

I can't wait for things to open, I forgot to switch the light back on from turning it off yesterday so I did that when I came home while ago from lunch with one certain @Weetabix7 who was in my neck of the woods! ;)  It was great to meet you in real life Weetie!  Once stuff opens up a bit I hope to get more pics of the pretties. :happy:

That's awesome!  Meeting fellow NR reefers is the best :wub:.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, gena said:

That's awesome!  Meeting fellow NR reefers is the best :wub:.

For sure!  It was pretty cool! :happy:

1 hour ago, samnaz said:

What a cute little nudibrach. Any idea what species?

No idea, and I wish I did!  I'd like to know if he's safe to put in or not.  He's got two rows of "frills" running parallel down his back, he's gray-black with pale yellow trim, and he's tiny!  Can't even find pics that look like him to me.

Quick pic of the new stuff open.  Forgot to take a pic of the rics lol.  But the zoas are open and gorgeous, and the frogspawn is puffier and happy!

IMG_20170614_201657162

Figured out which of the six-polyp zoa frags is which--purpleberry fantasies on the left above the blondies, and bubblegum pink on the bottom right.  And I LOVE the pink and purple rings of the punk princesses!  You can't see in this pic, but even the teeny baby blondie head was open tonight (and this pic does not do justice to its pretty coloration).

• Like 6