Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

High Flow Macro

Nixperience

Nixperience

I have a rock ledge about 3" under my mp10. It gets moderate light. I was wondering what kind of macro I could place there that could handle the flow. I was thinking maybe codium or blue hypnea. Any suggestions?

Nixperience
4 minutes ago, stellablue said:

Probably not the hypnea as it might break apart. Codium might work. 

Thanks. Any other ideas?

Nixperience

It's the lower right corner. It could be a softy as well doesn't have to be a macro. But the right side of the tank will be softies and macros only. 

IMG_1171.JPG

Simulated Fish

caulerpa! Lots of movement, and holds up well in my tank under direct flow from my jebao W4. You would just need to give it a few weeks to grip into the rock.

Nixperience
Just now, Hippieheadshot said:

caulerpa! Lots of movement, and holds up well in my tank under direct flow from my jebao W4. You would just need to give it a few weeks to grip into the rock.

I'm scared of caulerpa. I don't want anything that will be hard to get rid of if I nee to. 

Simulated Fish
1 hour ago, Nixperience said:

I'm scared of caulerpa. I don't want anything that will be hard to get rid of if I nee to. 

You just have to get the leafy kind not the fern frilly edge kind. I don't even pull out the extra more then a few leaves a month.

I got mine from Stella :)

Nixperience
3 minutes ago, Hippieheadshot said:

You just have to get the leafy kind not the fern frilly edge kind. I don't even pull out the extra more then a few leaves a month.

I got mine from Stella :)

Is it the caulerpa prolifera?

Simulated Fish

Yep, Caulerpa Prolifera :) if all the macro it is the hardest and slowest grower, gets nice and thick rather then spreading all over in my experience.

Archived