Innovative Marine Aquariums

AI Prime settings for Fluval Edge tank

Nemosam

Anyone got an AI prime over a fluval edge (52l)  If so.can you please give me an example of your settings.  Currently looks really well,but do not want to fry anything.

Thanks

Start at 30% and increase by 3-5% weekly.

It all depends on corals being kept.

I have a full mixed reef 15g and run at 80%. 

2 hrs ramp up blues only

7 hrs full spectrum

30% white, red 16%, green 10%

B, rb, v, uv 80%

2 hr ramp doen blue only

Thanks.  Currently set to 30 % with 2 hr ramp up/down and 8hr lit.  Lunar set to 3% blue and dark blue.  Acclimation mode on.

Will tweak settings once I start to move more coral in there.

13 hours ago, Clown79 said:

Start at 30% and increase by 3-5% weekly.

It all depends on corals being kept.

I have a full mixed reef 15g and run at 80%. 

2 hrs ramp up blues only

7 hrs full spectrum

30% white, red 16%, green 10%

B, rb, v, uv 80%

2 hr ramp doen blue only

@Clown79 I have my Al Prime on the way. Would this setting be fine for 13.5 evo with softies, lps corals? Do you do lunar?

24 minutes ago, Clown79 said:

You're welcome 

Its a very strong light and going too high all at once could fry the corals

Yikes. Dont want that. Do u ever use lunar or is it called moonlight option? Or do you just completely have lights out at bedtime?

I don't use the lunar setting as it follows the real moon cycles.

I use 3% royal blue for my moonlighting and thats for 2hrs only, then lights out

5 hours ago, Clown79 said:

I don't use the lunar setting as it follows the real moon cycles.

I use 3% royal blue for my moonlighting and thats for 2hrs only, then lights out

Ok thank you. I'll try your settings. I've read the Al Prime sticky thats on the forum but everyone's light settings were different which is fine. Everyone's tank is different but i've never had a light with settings. My FW tank is on, blue, off ...easy peasy lol.

Nixperience
1 minute ago, Clown79 said:

16" seems pretty high

It's the side I have mangroves and macros. I'll have a hydra 26 over the main part of the tank about 12" above. Just waiting for the stupid mount to come in. Delayed until Monday ?

IMG_1179.JPG

17 minutes ago, Nixperience said:

It's the side I have mangroves and macros. I'll have a hydra 26 over the main part of the tank about 12" above. Just waiting for the stupid mount to come in. Delayed until Monday ?

IMG_1179.JPG

Love your tank. Beautiful! The mount i decided to get is 12" flex. I got two mangroves last weekend. Not sure if its doing anything yet. 

Nixperience
5 minutes ago, Minmay said:

Love your tank. Beautiful! The mount i decided to get is 12" flex. I got two mangroves last weekend. Not sure if its doing anything yet. 

Thanks. Mangroves are really slow exporters. They're more decorative than helpful. I've got 6 and have nitrates. I'd have to test every day for a few weeks to see how much they are exporting, but that's a whole lot of testtube shaking. I think they are good in the way that, when nutrients are low, they will still do OK because they don't take much. 

3 minutes ago, Nixperience said:

Thanks. Mangroves are really slow exporters. They're more decorative than helpful. I've got 6 and have nitrates. I'd have to test every day for a few weeks to see how much they are exporting, but that's a whole lot of testtube shaking. I think they are good in the way that, when nutrients are low, they will still do OK because they don't take much. 

I only got two but my tank is small. I was trying to find little planters for them but couldnt find one yet so I just have them in tank tied to tank so it doesnt float around. Kinda cool, Elvis seems to like sleeping by them.

Nixperience
Just now, Minmay said:

I only got two but my tank is small. I was trying to find little planters for them but couldnt find one yet so I just have them in tank tied to tank so it doesnt float around. Kinda cool, Elvis seems to like sleeping by them.

I used tiny zip ties and zip tied each mangrove to a clear acrylic rod and either stuck the rod in the sand or in a rock crevice. 

IMG_1180.JPG

I was trying to find something like this. The small round one so i can put substrate and put in empty chamber 

Screenshot_20170513-081849.png

Nixperience
1 minute ago, Minmay said:

I was trying to find something like this. The small round one so i can put substrate and put in empty chamber 

Screenshot_20170513-081849.png

That could be interesting, but you don't want substrate getting into your back chambers. I think we should move this to a different thread since we're way off topic. 

Hi i have fluval edge 6g this is my settings and it works good with my sps and lps. IMG_4234.thumb.PNG.3a81d80b956f36ee27d4e2a2025d0b81.PNG

i started with 35% and 15% on whites then worked up to my settings. 

IMG_3529.JPG

11 minutes ago, Hunt3r said:

Hi i have fluval edge 6g this is my settings and it works good with my sps and lps. IMG_4234.thumb.PNG.3a81d80b956f36ee27d4e2a2025d0b81.PNG

IMG_3529.JPG

I have this same tank for my FW. Im thinking about removing the top glass though to make it rimless

4 hours ago, Hunt3r said:

IMG_3529.JPG

Love the setup. Saw some of your older shots before i took the decision to go with the edge

2 hours ago, Nemosam said:

Love the setup. Saw some of your older shots before i took the decision to go with the edge

He only lesson i learned from lighting this tank is make your scape flat so you dont have any shadowing on the side. You will keep the original look of your edge.

• Christopher Marks changed the title to AI Prime settings for Fluval Edge tank

Archived