ReefCleaners.org

JBJ Rimless 10g desktop all in one

NoviceReefer

NoviceReefer

Has anyone here taken a look at the JBJ Rimless 10g desktop all in one? I've been considering purchasing one and had a few questions about the lighting and filtration system if anyone can help. Is the lighting adequate for most corals? Is it possible to slightly modify the filtration system to grow small amounts of chaeto?

The lighting is not enough for almost all corals.  It would probably be fine with zoas, xenia, GSP, and any other coral that has the lighting requirements like those (very low to low).  As for the filtration, keep up with maintenance and weekly water changes and you shouldn't need more than a bag of Chemipure Blue Nano size, filter floss, a clean up crew, live rock, and live sand.  You'll also want to get a small heater like the cobalt neo-therm I think the smallest may be a 25W or 50W but no more than that.  There's not really a reason to grow macro for filtration in such a small tank as good maintenance, care, not overfeeding, and keeping up with water changes is plenty to keep the tank running.  If you want to upgrade the lighting, go for either the new Kessil A80, and AI Prime, Nanobox, or the new Current USA Orbit Marine Pro (I think that's what it's called).  

Archived