Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

100 Days of Nanos - Official Contestant FTS thread.

jedimasterben

5 hours ago, Pjanssen said:

Are we really into week 7 already?:haha:

That means nearly halfway through, right?  (Did I math right?)

• Like 2

Well week 7..............its flying by and I have had no time for the tank..........I need to get rid of that orange in the pic........

IMG_3829.JPG

IMG_3823.JPG

• Like 12
2 hours ago, Addinali said:

I have A lot of family in from out of town so sorry for the late FTS with my Cell phone. 

IMG_2499.jpg

ftfy

Edit: Hmm... yeah, it's working for me now too.  Not sure what happened there.  Sorry for cluttering up the thread.

In general I think the tank is doing well. The rust Zoanthids are spreading. The pine cone algae are dropping new shoots. I've had to trim back most of the red algae. One of the ricordea removed itself from the rock that I had glued it to and is growing nicely on the sand. I decided I don't really care for so much of the turf algae so I removed most of it and put it in the back chamber with the mangroves. The mangroves aren't doing much. I think I need to start dosing some nutrients for them.

• Like 4
9 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

Tank is beautiful!  Did all those gorgs come from KPA?  Or Gulf Coast Ecosystems?

Thank you for the compliment. Gorgs came fro KP. Macros from gulf coast ecosystems.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Coral_chef said:

Is there an award for cloudiest tank 

FML. 

IMG_9770.JPG

IMG_9771.JPG

Cleaning the glass might help ;)

FTS WEEK 8

34749374473_c851104dbe_c.jpg

I need to get a glass scraper.  I've got that hard green algae coming in now and uglifiying my glass.  Everything's chugging along.  My yellow sponge (the one at the end of the arch) popped off its rock (UUUUURRRRCCCHHHHHIIIINNNNN!!!!!!!!!!) <--imagine in Cpt Kirk voice yelling "khan!"-- So I'll be epoxying that today... We'll see how it goes.  Not all the NPS gorgs are open in this pic because they're shedding their skin ATM.  The red hermit crabs LOVE it.  It's their fav time of the week.

35558185195_8f5dea2153_c.jpg

The view I get every time I walk from the formal living room (formally known as the fish room, but that's ironic because it only has the SPS tank while the family room has two tanks). Love it...  Overall, still really happy with this tank. Still paranoid I'm going to wake up and find it's crashed somehow.  We need to get battery powered air pumps for the tanks.  I wish Ecotech made a battery supply for non-ecotech stuff, because I'd buy a pack for every tank.  I love it on my SPS tank.

The storms up here have been really strong lately and with hurricane season just around the corner...  :scarry: 

• Like 10

Here's my week 7 FTS! Things are chugging along and my macro algae needs to be trimmed in the worst way. This past week was insanely busy with Reef-a-palooza so it had to wait. 

• Like 9

Crap are we up to 8 or ? Hell its all just meshing together now.....................

Looks the same to me :lol:

IMG_3852.jpg

• Like 6

Well it's still looking the same and it will probably stay that way money is tight right now. Good news is the algae finally let up.

• Like 7
Coral_chef

I don't think I ever uploaded last week have been crazy busy. Fish tank maintenance has been down because of jt. 

But here's last week I'll get this week's soon after water change an glass cleaning and so on. 

IMG_9802.JPG

IMG_9803.JPG

• Like 3
  • Christopher Marks unpinned this topic