inTank Media Baskets

100 Days of Nanos - Official Contestant FTS thread.

jedimasterben

On 5/21/2017 at 8:28 PM, sabrefencer said:

You slug StellaBlue ! J/k awesome work !

Need some opinions please 

I can't fit my osmolator pump - unless I move the aquarium over a bit to the right adjacent to the existing hole. I can't drill a new one since it's too close to the 2 x 2 's under the cabinet and bolted  to the wall 

so I have this and wires will be visible on this side. 

What do y'all think ? I have one of those cord thingies - not sure what you call them but lost the piece that closes on top to make it look neater 

IMG_3778.JPG

image.jpg

But I did get some live rock - got some from my man Mener - he's a member here as well - awesome dude 

image.jpg

You can get wire looms from home depot electrical dept to wrap the few wires from the tank together so only this loom runs through the hole on your counter top for a cleaner look. They also have this zip tie strap that has 3M double sided tape on one side and 2 holes for the zip tie to loop through that tou can use to secure your exposed wire loom and straighten it out at on the side of the tank.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, coralcousins said:

FTS #3    Been busy but will be posting a lot on my journal later on today. 

IMG_1690.JPG

I spy stuff and things! :ninja:

• Like 2

FTS #3

Been busy with son's HS graduation, family in town, and grad party etc so haven't spent a lot of time on the tank this week. BUT some RFA's from @VIPReef arrived yesterday are in! They look amazing under all blue lights. Will post more photos on my Contest thread this week. GSP is starting to spread but there's a lot of rock to cover. 

Need to do a little rearranging now that there are some more small rocks in the tank. 

IMG_9503.thumb.JPG.ce067a2b44640f52dfe7e8e3a4c7bb67.JPG

• Like 11
3 hours ago, coralcousins said:

FTS #3    Been busy but will be posting a lot on my journal later on today. 

IMG_1690.JPG

That's clean... I'm gonna like where this one goes. Very nice! ??

• Like 1
sabrefencer

FTS- this is one strong pump. Haven't settled on a landscape yet - still considering the ghost desktop skimmer (depends on the bioload)  but probably will do higher volume weekly water changes. Also for those that are thinking about it - the regular tunze osmo fits- but it's tight. 

IMG_3822.JPG

IMG_3825.JPG

• Like 6

34939792486_f4bd7a62cf.jpgFTS 05/29/17 by Penny, on Flickr 34939791616_64eac3eb77.jpgFTS 05/29/17 by Penny, on Flickr

Not a lot of changes this week. Pretty good algae bloom going on so I added to my clean up crew. Added the neon pair last week and they finally seem comfortable and are swimming around the tank now. Built a little area of raised sand bed for the benefit of the jawfish. Added one jawfish and of course he went directly to the opposite side of the tank. I think he must be awaiting the arrival of his mail order bride before moving into the fancy suite B).

• Like 9

34 minutes early  FTS 4:

IMG_20170530_131650_487.thumb.jpg.54336d7aff1f5d06271557381ea02eb0.jpg

20170530_130134.thumb.jpg.4dfa1e86372e9b1adf94552e57c5dfb3.jpg

Everything's just chuggin' along.  Algae growth has exploded so I'll probably start trimming once a week or two weeks.  I go through almost a cube of mysis a day between the three fish, serpent star, mantis shrimp (in his tank), and pistol shrimp so I think it's safe to say everyone's adjusted to captivity quite well. lol

• Like 14
3 minutes ago, lkoechle said:

34 minutes early  FTS 4:

IMG_20170530_131650_487.thumb.jpg.54336d7aff1f5d06271557381ea02eb0.jpg

20170530_130134.thumb.jpg.4dfa1e86372e9b1adf94552e57c5dfb3.jpg

Everything's just chuggin' along.  Algae growth has exploded so I'll probably start trimming once a week or two weeks.  I go through almost a cube of mysis a day between the three fish, serpent star, mantis shrimp (in his tank), and pistol shrimp so I think it's safe to say everyone's adjusted to captivity quite well. lol

:wub: So much color!  It's like a Rainbow Brite tank! :lol:

• Like 4

Hold onto your hats ladies and gentlemen...FTS Week 3/4

IMG_2295

Still cycling, but hopefully I'll get some real life in here soon...

• Like 12

My crappy FTS I have not added anything but the urchin. My tank is in the ugly stage right now and I have a missing fish and i'm pretty sure the neon goby has a spot of ich.  :(

The kids on the other hand still love the tank though so that's good! :)

5T1A7571.jpg

5T1A7576.jpg

• Like 5

It's so weird seeing so many identical tanks looking a billion times better than mine! :P Though on the other hand, the water is now crystal clear and a cute red macro has been growing all over the place (along with some pest algae that I'll live with for the moment).

What week is this again? I've only added two nerites and a small cerith!

HUUZvYZ.jpg

• Like 10

My fts for the week. Lol I'm so behind. Just playing with rocks right now.  Been too busy. Hopefully I get some water cycling by next week!

14964591333001989021508.jpg

• Like 8
On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 9:09 PM, Mariaface said:

It's so weird seeing so many identical tanks looking a billion times better than mine! :P Though on the other hand, the water is now crystal clear and a cute red macro has been growing all over the place (along with some pest algae that I'll live with for the moment).

What week is this again? I've only added two nerites and a small cerith!

HUUZvYZ.jpg

why do you have a rock hanging from a string

32 minutes ago, LX20000 said:

Don't judge me! :furious:

Basically for the funs, though. And I can't tell if I should even be posting here; they said no chit chat :( 

• Like 4
35 minutes ago, LX20000 said:

Because she can.....................;)

• Like 4

FTS #4

So the big change this week has been the addition of a couple of larger pieces of coralline covered live rock in the tank. I know I was going for the single rock bommie look but with the addition of the RFAs on smaller rocks I thought I might see how it looked with a couple more larger rocks in the background. I've had them since I started the tank but they've been hanging out in a bucket until I figured out what I was going to do with them. So they are in the tank on a trial basis but I'm kinda liking the look. 

Will give a more detailed update on the rest of the tank on my thread along with some new pics. Just wanted to get this posted. 

Looking ahead - will be in Chicago this week celebrating my wife's 40th birthday but when I'm back I'm getting fish!  

IMG_9605.thumb.JPG.b9be97f41c9d02242ec54421aabdad5f.JPG

• Like 8
  • Christopher Marks unpinned this topic