inTank Media Baskets

100 Days of Nanos - Official Contestant FTS thread.

jedimasterben

Damn Maria!  Where did you get your live rock again?  But this is a reoccurring problem, isn't it?  Still, it seems strange that it might be something airborne.

• Like 1

FTS #2 

Flipped the rock to opposite side-it's more interesting. Cut up some frags of GSP and mounted them in various spots on top of the rock. Left one frag in the sand to grow a little bit and then I'll cut pieces from that to seed other bare spots on the rock. Grow GSP grow! 

Have a couple more astrea snails cleaning things up. Also have lots of copepods all over the glass. 

Hitting the LFS tomorrow! We'll see  what they have! 

IMG_9384.thumb.JPG.bdb815d55d8969ae3f144cd8bd146659.JPG

• Like 11

BLAH! Just found this FTS page. I have my journal up and running but I guess we need to post here too...

Here's the first and second and I'll keep updating here.

You can see more at my journal page here.

IMG_20170517_161305.jpg

IMG_20170520_150339.jpg

• Like 11
58 minutes ago, FateX9 said:

BLAH! Just found this FTS page. I have my journal up and running but I guess we need to post here too...

Here's the first and second and I'll keep updating here.

You can see more at my journal page here.

IMG_20170520_150339.jpg

you don't have to post here. Just once a week on the Fts thread

oops. This is the FTS tread. My bad. sorry

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

you don't have to post here. Just once a week on the Fts thread

oops. This is the FTS tread. My bad. sorry

I thought this was the FTS thread?

• Like 1
sabrefencer

Weekly fts not much going on - just poured some sand in and yes going to rinse or maybe just let it filter through for a day or two - 

Assembly for arm wasn't that difficult but I'm not sure I like the arm - would be nice if the arm swiveled out  of the way to allow for aquascape changes and new additions to tank. Taking it off is sort of a pain since a screw driver is tough to reach in that small space and angle . A socket wrench with a Phillips head adapter would work well. I hand tightened it and that was challenging but hey it was free and the radion mount doesn't swivel so I'm not knocking current USA at all.

If I could find a pic of my 50 cube - the mounting arm was from tv mount and it swiveled - pretty cool idea I got from someone on ReefCentral 

IMG_3773.JPG

• Like 6
sabrefencer

Now this 50 cube tank was my favorite tank build - it was  built locally and had an external overflow box  arm did swivel - only issue was the height was fixed - was sitting about 9" off of water line. I miss you 50 cube - !

IMG_3775.JPG

• Like 5

Well, I'm being an overachiever again and posting my FTS early for week 3. I'm gone all next week in Vegas for work and I don't want to forget. I haven't mounted the octospawn yet so that's it sitting there on the ground. 

IMG_2898.JPG

• Like 16
sabrefencer

You slug StellaBlue ! J/k awesome work !

Need some opinions please 

I can't fit my osmolator pump - unless I move the aquarium over a bit to the right adjacent to the existing hole. I can't drill a new one since it's too close to the 2 x 2 's under the cabinet and bolted  to the wall 

so I have this and wires will be visible on this side. 

What do y'all think ? I have one of those cord thingies - not sure what you call them but lost the piece that closes on top to make it look neater 

IMG_3778.JPG

image.jpg

But I did get some live rock - got some from my man Mener - he's a member here as well - awesome dude 

image.jpg

• Like 5
sabrefencer

Not sure whether I should throw it in my existing tank or use some of the water in those buckets along with anothed 10 gallons or so of pre made water and just go with the existing placement -would have been ideal to hide those cords but I think I'm gonna put some reef books there. :D  I should actually read some for once 

• Like 1
HarryPotter
On 5/21/2017 at 3:17 PM, sabrefencer said:

Now this 50 cube tank was my favorite tank build - it was  built locally and had an external overflow box  arm did swivel - only issue was the height was fixed - was sitting about 9" off of water line. I miss you 50 cube - !

IMG_3775.JPG

Quit the chitchat this thread is for weekly FTS of contest tanks only ??

(Sorry, everyone is thinking it)

• Like 2

Meanwhile, on the struggle bus... :P  No joke, I adore bacteria. Slime's almost 100% gone! The water's mostly cleared up!

• Like 9
Just now, Mariaface said:

Meanwhile, on the struggle bus... :P  No joke, I adore bacteria. Slime's almost 100% gone! The water's mostly cleared up!

Yay! It looks much better than a couple days ago!

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Mariaface said:

*sings* "I can see clearly now the slime is gone..." :lol:

• Like 8
On 5/21/2017 at 8:09 PM, stellablue said:

Well, I'm being an overachiever again and posting my FTS early for week 3. I'm gone all next week in Vegas for work and I don't want to forget. I haven't mounted the octospawn yet so that's it sitting there on the ground. 

IMG_2898.JPG

Nice macroalgaes you have. Any problems with them staying in place? The Dragons Breath could never stay still in one place for me. Always broke off so easily. Whats the green macroalgae? Is it caulerpa?

• Christopher Marks unpinned this topic