SaltCritters.com

100 Days of Nanos - Official Contestant FTS thread.

jedimasterben

I think I may have missed a week :blush: I was so busy last week I can't find my FTS - but I had been posting towards the end of the weeks so now I'm just confused if I missed it or not! 

I need to trim macros again! And I need to get a new blade for my flipper. And I need to reglue stuff as my pistol continues to redecorate for me but it makes me laugh. The two clowns and the goby and pistol are doing really well! 

• Like 8

Okay, last FTS before the grand finale. Inspired by a picture that @Thunder Goose posted of her hitchhiker cove, I placed a piece of blue poster board on the opposite side of the tank for a little different perspective. Not nearly as impressive as @Thunder Goose's, but I kind of like the change

36425995786_4330092320_c.jpgFTS 8/9/17 by Penny, on Flickr

35636343654_6370cd4f3a_c.jpgFTS 8/9/17 by Penny, on Flickr

• Like 8
On 8/8/2017 at 7:14 AM, Pjanssen said:

:welcome: @I'm Batman. Nice set up. A little late for the contest tank as this ends next week. Perhaps @Christopher Marks should roll you over to the aquarium journals page so we can follow you there.

I set this aquarium up on August 2nd... what are the dates for the contest?

Just now, Pjanssen said:

It started May 10 (I think). It is/was 100 days long. It ends next Wednesday.

I'm officially an idiot. Lol. I didn't comprehend the "100 days." So basically the contest started  nearly 100 days ago haha!!! Whoops!

• Haha 4

I'm holding off until next Tuesday to enter.  I believe there's a category for lastest entry. ;)

Image result for procrastination award

No worries Batman.  I really like what you setup.

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

Thanks Seabass! Thanks to YOU and many others on Nano Reef, I've now fully optimized what I want in a reef system (at least for now ?) and put it to work!

Over a year in progress, planing and making adjustments before finally going live last week!!

Just a big huge thanks to this community!

Although that doesn't change that I misread the heading almost entirely, these are all fine examples of what can be accomplished with the support and knowledge of others on this fine forum! Enough with the rambling...

On with the contest!!  

• Like 5
On 2017-08-10 at 6:27 PM, lkoechle said:

WEEK 14 FTS

20170810_120114.thumb.jpg.4f00bf12687ea73e4550a75fd6fa6a0b.jpg

Completely off topic but having a mirror behind the angled tank is just brilliant!
Essentially you get two tanks for the price of one, or in this case four.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, .Boris said:

Completely off topic but having a mirror behind the angled tank is just brilliant!
Essentially you get two tanks for the price of one, or in this case four.

5, actually.  You can see the freshwater in the reflection :P

52 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

Yea, @lkoechle has it going on for sure!

It was really the only place they could go without building a stand or awesome set up like yours. Penny: "oh I just threw this together, look at it's fancy schmancy hinged door.  But don't worry, its pretty basic" <_<:P 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
11 minutes ago, lkoechle said:

It was really the only place they could go without building a stand or awesome set up like yours. Penny: "oh I just threw this together, look at it's fancy schmancy hinged door.  But don't worry, its pretty basic" <_<:P 

:rolleyes:(I don't think I ever said that, but...)

FTS #14 -

Rock Flower Garden Complete!

8 new RFA's!  Can you spot them? 

I'll post more info on my thread but I'm happy with the way this has turned out despite the struggles. Let's hope it goes well from here on out! fingerscrossed

IMG_0449.thumb.JPG.3d8e8479fdacac15bfe9aae2df2a2e00.JPG

Amazing that I got these two clowns to stop swimming and pose! :lol:

IMG_0450.thumb.JPG.7096f7980f391c6341fce66c313baa06.JPG

IMG_0451.thumb.JPG.7bd784240a61e0570cc78946b68806bb.JPG

• Like 9
  • Wow 1
  • Christopher Marks unpinned this topic