Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

20g Nano high - seeking feedback

Marius_LT

Hi all.

Looking for the feedback for my setup. Initially I had in mind to build reef so that fish and inverts would be "interested" with some tunnels, hiding places, and gap for swimming behind the rocks. But now I'm thinking that I limit myself with coral placement once I get more of those. And pair of clowns are free water swimmers, at least for now and don't like rock at all. Though 2 cleaner shrimps and bristle star are enjoying this setup. I'm planning to add goby or blenny down the road that may like this setup too.

So, will my setup last for what I describe or should I think about something else with my current pieces (7) of LR you see in the pic.

Thank you! Don't judge too hard it's my first ever aquarium and it's marine!

18452534_10208559593578321_1178398712_o(5).jpg

1 hour ago, Marius_LT said:

Hi all.

Looking for the feedback for my setup. Initially I had in mind to build reef so that fish and inverts would be "interested" with some tunnels, hiding places, and gap for swimming behind the rocks. But now I'm thinking that I limit myself with coral placement once I get more of those. And pair of clowns are free water swimmers, at least for now and don't like rock at all. Though 2 cleaner shrimps and bristle star are enjoying this setup. I'm planning to add goby or blenny down the road that may like this setup too.

So, will my setup last for what I describe or should I think about something else with my current pieces (7) of LR you see in the pic.

Thank you! Don't judge too hard it's my first ever aquarium and it's marine!

18452534_10208559593578321_1178398712_o(5).jpg

:welcome:

i think it looks like a good start.

You have lots of good hidey holes for creatures. As you start buying corals you can shift it around and change it if necessary. 

SarlinDescent

Nice start.  Its a little one dimensional.  My recommendation would be to take whatever cleaner (magnetic, etc) and place it on the left side of the tank.  Move the left base rock out a bit and rotate it counter clockwise a tiny bit.  if you want more of an island setup, the center rock, right rock and the one on top of those two could make a cool island.  Rotate the left counter clockwise a bit for more of a cave feel.  The left center rock could be used to tie the two islands together nicely, might want to flip it upside down.  Top rock could go on top of either although right side would probably be nicer.  This should give you the 1/3 2/3 feel.  and more of a footprint for corals.

One other note, depending on stocking, I would probably use a bit less rock.  If you feel stuck, consider breaking 1 or 2 rocks in half and try again.  I highly recommend leaving about 3 days to scape a tank.  First day, set it up and play around a bit.  Second, look at it again and you will probably hate it.  Then rework.  Third day, you will be pretty pleased, but not quite there.  Make tiny changes and you are happy.

Archived