inTank Media Baskets

100 Days of a 4 and 2 year olds contest tank(New Pics!)

Addinali

So if we leave it the way it is at $0 livestock 

for the 100 days does that mean we will win most frugal? Lol 

• Like 2

The boys can't wait to pick out something from the fish store this weekend. It will be exciting to see what they get.

• Like 3
42 minutes ago, Addinali said:

The boys can't wait to pick out something from the fish store this weekend. It will be exciting to see what they get.

Any idea what they are into?

Do they like whats in your 40 or just going for anything?

I think you need to have them look at the SPS :lol: everyone loves sticks...........

• Like 2
Just now, spectra said:

Any idea what they are into?

Do they like whats in your 40 or just going for anything?

I think you need to have them look at the SPS :lol: everyone loves sticks...........

They said they wanted a lot of fish so I kinda wanted to show them that Derrick kids thread. :D

But they wouldn't get it lol

They like clownfish go figure hopefully they pick something else out though.

And I'm not going to do a powerhead most likely so SPS is probably off the table. 

• Like 4
16 minutes ago, Addinali said:

They said they wanted a lot of fish so I kinda wanted to show them that Derrick kids thread. :D

But they wouldn't get it lol

They like clownfish go figure hopefully they pick something else out though.

And I'm not going to do a powerhead most likely so SPS is probably off the table. 

Oh Derrick :lol: 

Well clowns are not that bad..........you could get a tang :o but seriously I am just glad to see they are taking interest in the tank ! good for you ;) 

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, spectra said:

Oh Derrick :lol: 

Well clowns are not that bad..........you could get a tang :o but seriously I am just glad to see they are taking interest in the tank ! good for you ;) 

Whats sad is when I worked for the LFS the customers would do stupid stuff just like that even when we told them what the outcome would be.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Addinali said:

Whats sad is when I worked for the LFS the customers would do stupid stuff just like that even when we told them what the outcome would be.

Did you work at Coral Reef by any chance?

Cause I used to live in Oak Ridge and shopped at the Coral Reef in Knoxville. 

3 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

Did you work at Coral Reef by any chance?

Cause I used to live in Oak Ridge and shopped at the Coral Reef in Knoxville. 

I'm good friends with Amy there but I worked at the Aquarium off papermill right around the corner at the time.

But... Coral Reef moved to Johnson City to be next to the company that owns them sustainable aquatics.

So I don't shop there that often anymore.

Edit:

I worked at Aquarium from 09-11

Just now, Addinali said:

I'm good friends with Amy there but I worked at the Aquarium off papermill right around the corner at the time.

But... Coral Reef moved to Johnson City to be next to the company that owns them sustainable aquatics.

So I don't shop there that often anymore.

They probably did that after I moved to Greenville. 

And yes, that's a bit of a drive, lol. 

I honestly didn't go to Aquarium often, cause Coral Reef was more Reef focused. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

They probably did that after I moved to Greenville. 

And yes, that's a bit of a drive, lol. 

I honestly didn't go to Aquarium often, cause Coral Reef was more Reef focused. 

Yes they were very reef focused. We had the pond and fresh water on top of our reef side. So some of our employees were not fully experienced on the reef side

because they always worked on the freshwater or pond.  

But we did have a bigger selection of fish and corals then them because our saltwater area was bigger by gallons then there whole store.

But they always had some great unique items I shopped there on a regular basis until they moved.  

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Addinali said:

Yes they were very reef focused. We had the pond and fresh water on top of our reef side. So some of our employees were not fully experienced on the reef side

because they always worked on the freshwater or pond.  

But we did have a bigger selection of fish and corals then them because our saltwater area was bigger by gallons then there whole store.

But they always had some great unique items I shopped there on a regular basis until they moved.  

Omg, I almost forgot about this, but I got this giant Insane Bobbitt/Eunice worm from Aquarium once!!!!

It had been living in some LR in one of the larger Reef Display type tanks. 

One of the employees got it out of the rock and had it isolated in a Critter Keeper in one of the tanks, and I'm pretty sure they were gonna flush it later after the store closed, but I saw it and talked them into letting me take it.

It was huge and awesome, all bronze and shiny and scary looking, musta been around 2 feet long. 

I mailed it to an N-R friend living in DC who was specifically looking for one and he set up a tank just to house it. 

It was named Bob. 

• Like 3

Well my 3 year old is fascinated by crabs and shrimp, and that's between 4 and 2 :P  So they might like the inverts a lot.  He loves the porcelain crabs (just discovered those and I quote "Mommy, they're my favorite!") and hermits.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

Omg, I almost forgot about this, but I got this giant Insane Bobbitt/Eunice worm from Aquarium once!!!!

It had been living in some LR in one of the larger Reef Display type tanks. 

One of the employees got it out of the rock and had it isolated in a Critter Keeper in one of the tanks, and I'm pretty sure they were gonna flush it later after the store closed, but I saw it and talked them into letting me take it.

It was huge and awesome, all bronze and shiny and scary looking, musta been around 2 feet long. 

I mailed it to an N-R friend living in DC who was specifically looking for one and he set up a tank just to house it. 

It was named Bob. 

I had one of those come on my live rock once there pretty cool to just watch.

5 minutes ago, lkoechle said:

Well my 3 year old is fascinated by crabs and shrimp, and that's between 4 and 2 :P  So they might like the inverts a lot.  He loves the porcelain crabs (just discovered those and I quote "Mommy, they're my favorite!") and hermits.

I have been secretly trying to get them to look at the shrimp/goby pairs at the store. lol

• Like 7
On 5/13/2017 at 1:14 PM, SeaFurn said:

Yeah cute kids! We are all in trouble! 

Someone's gonna need to get a puppy to even compete! 

Or maybe a Franklin....

IMG_2154.JPG

• Like 10
10 minutes ago, stellablue said:

Or maybe a Franklin....

IMG_2154.JPG

Franklin looks like an awesome dog to cuddle with. 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, stellablue said:

Or maybe a Franklin....

IMG_2154.JPG

Franklins old news...............we need a stuffed Stella :o  I swear she looks like a toy.................

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, Addinali said:

Franklin looks like an awesome dog to cuddle with. 

He loves cuddling. Sometimes too much :lol: @spectra she does look like a stuffie, doesn't she? Too funny. 

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, lkoechle said:

Is too. She is only 9 months lol

Well not a puppy to me :lol: puppies are supposed to be little and cute........that one is cute but not little............

• Like 1
8 hours ago, spectra said:

Well not a puppy to me :lol: puppies are supposed to be little and cute........that one is cute but not little............

she is only 30 pounds. Thats a tiny dog.  Anything smaller isnt a real dog...

• Like 2
1 hour ago, lkoechle said:

Yea anything smaller my wife and I call a kick me dog because there always around your feet.

The only small dog she likes is a Pug.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, lkoechle said:

My cat is 15 lbs. so any dog smaller than my cat definitely isn't a real dog!! 

• Like 2