inTank Media Baskets

Hammer doesnt extend tentacles

Minmay

So yesterday when buying a "peach" hammer the guy told me that this particular kind of hammer doesnt extend its tentacles like other hammers do. It stays bunched up. Is this true? I cant find any research on this kind of hammer. I only find basic information about hammer care. 

I have a rainbow hammer, also known as gold possibly peach.

It doesn't open up like my other hammer. Its does open up but its tentacles don't come out like the others.

6 hours ago, Clown79 said:

I have a rainbow hammer, also known as gold possibly peach.

It doesn't open up like my other hammer. Its does open up but its tentacles don't come out like the others.

O ok I thought maybe he was lying. To me it doesnt even look peach. At the LFS it looked more gold. thats why I bought it cuz Ive been looking for Gold but I know gold would've been more expensive. 

20170508_065553.jpg

SaltyBuddha

That looks like pictures I've seen for some types of hammers. Live aquaria has hammer pics that look just like that

1 minute ago, SaltyBuddha said:

That looks like pictures I've seen for some types of hammers. Live aquaria has hammer pics that look just like that

I think the wall hammers look bunched up. I havent seen a branch hammer be so bunched up before. I dont have a problem with it being bunched. I think it looks cool. Like brains. I was just wondering if this one takes a little longer to acclimate to the tank before he decides to extend his tentacles further out

Simulated Fish

My LFS had gold hammers and octospawn. The hammer looked more like a bubble coral with how big the tips were. They were extended but not nearly as much as other hammers in the tank. I don't think the LFS is tricking you, lights can drastically change coral color.

I did bring home one of the gold octo, so pretty.

12 hours ago, Clown79 said:

Its not a wall hammer.

Thats how some hammers are, they don't have long tentacles

O i know mine isn't  a wall. Both my hammers are branches. I wont get a wall hammer since I know those are prone to getting brown jelly. 

28 minutes ago, Hippieheadshot said:

My LFS had gold hammers and octospawn. The hammer looked more like a bubble coral with how big the tips were. They were extended but not nearly as much as other hammers in the tank. I don't think the LFS is tricking you, lights can drastically change coral color.

I did bring home one of the gold octo, so pretty.

I love hammers and the different kinds of hammers. I like the bubble looking one 

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same type of peach/gold hammer. The tenticals on mine have never been long. I have noticed that mine like more of a medium to high flow area and about mid tank this placement has helped with tentical extention. 

8 minutes ago, FollyFish said:

I have the same type of peach/gold hammer. The tenticals on mine have never been long. I have noticed that mine like more of a medium to high flow area and about mid tank this placement has helped with tentical extention. 

Since its now use to my tank only thing ive noticed is its more full. It does get med flow seems to be really happy. I bought a gold branch hammer yesterday so im excited bout that

gulfsurfer101

I've owned that particular euphyullia before and I can assure you that it is perfectly fine. 

28 minutes ago, gulfsurfer101 said:

I've owned that particular euphyullia before and I can assure you that it is perfectly fine. 

O thank u! I actually like this kind of hammer...its like a tree...its gotten more puffy so he seems very happy. 

Archived