Top Shelf Aquatics

waking sleeping wrasse?

lkoechle

I need to move my 6 line to QT.  Our plan is to wait for him to go to bed and pull out the rock he sleeps in and put it in a bucket of clean water until he pops out and from there to the qt tank.  

Is there any reason we should not wake a sleeping wrasse?  

He is a wrasse, so he is a PITA to catch. So we are hoping this works.

It might not like it but i doubt it'll hurt it. 

I had a six line years ago I got rid of. I had to take all the rock out, drain down to like 2 inches of water and he was still a giant hassle to catch. Ended up having to use two nets. 

Shouldn't hurt it but it may be onto you even if its sleeping.......when I drained my garage tank my corus wrasse goes into the sand and well I just started running hand through it until it popped out.

God luck catching it.

15 minutes ago, spectra said:

Shouldn't hurt it but it may be onto you even if its sleeping.......when I drained my garage tank my corus wrasse goes into the sand and well I just started running hand through it until it popped out.

God luck catching it.

We almost had it last night when we spooked it into its hidey hole but jumped out before the net could block the hole while we were moving it.  This time we'll be better prepared.

Got him :D actually had to shake him out of the rock.  Took him a little bit to wake up.

Archived