ReefCleaners.org

JBJ 45 rimless final set up

bwitchn

I've decided to keep the Aquamaxx HOB-1. Far superior skimmer.  The new one has a tube that in the event it were to overflow, it returns back into the skimmer box.  I can also attach tubing to this tube and run it back into the tank.  The HOB-1 is a far superior skimmer. And, I don't mind that it is visible as long as it allows me to maintain a high performance display tank with all types of corals and bioload.

I've now redesigned the entire rear chambers as follows:

Left first chamber - InTank Media basket with bottom and middle/Pond Matrix; top/filter pad

Left second chamber - Aquamaxx FR-S Filter Media Reactor w/ROX 0.8 Carbon

Middle - upgraded and replaced both standard pumps for 1 Tunze Silence Recirculation Water Pump with Insert Y-Fitting

Right second chamber (next to return chamber) - heater and Aquamaxx FR-S Filter media Reactor with Phosphate Out PRO FGO Gilter Media (it is turned off right now during cycling). Aquamaxx HOB-1 skimmer return is going into this chamber

Right chamber - Aquamaxx HOB-1 skimmer intake in the first right chamber and the JBJ stock media basket: Bottom carbon; middle pond matrix; top filter pad.

Running 2 - AI Prime HD lights

Running 2 Vortech MP10's.

Live sand - 20# was Carib Sea and 15# was from another display tank
Live rock - 30#'s - all cured

Tank is currently cycling 10 days now. I started cycle with 2 raw shrimp. one has already disintegrated, the other one there are just little pieces still left in the tank.

Ammonia tested as of yesterday at 50 - I didn't see Ammonia go any higher, but today it is down to 0.  Nitrites are showing 0 and Nitrates are showing 0. Not sure if tank has cycled or if Nitrites are taking some time.  The sand and live rock I placed was really good. Especially the sand.

I have the skimmer also off for the first week or two of cycling, then I will turn it on to break it in and ghost feed a little.  The first inhabitant will be a clown fish from my 20gallon Fusion.

Mary

Archived