-LPS maybe a Acan I'm not sure yet $5

-Favia $10

-Toadstool $10

-Frogspawn $10

-Assorted Zoathinds $40

IMG_2225.JPG

• Like 4
coralcousins

Built a stand for the aquarium. But now I'm thinking of modifying a cheap goodwill stand and turning that into the stand. Still undecided on this one. 

• Like 1
coralcousins

Aqua scape so far I chiseled the rock into a couple of different shapes and tried to make it look natural as possible no eye sores at all. The dry rock has been in 5 gallon aquarium with a Koralia Nano, Marineland heater and Instant Ocean Bio Spira with pinch of pellet food. 

coralcousins

During the leak test the most annoying thing about the tank was the pump. It's loud well at least mine is. It's a constant grinding noise that echoes through the built in filter. Never had a pump sound this loud in any of my past aquariums. My friend brought her sound meter over and we got a reading between 67-71 decibels around the aquarium. Since this aquarium is going to be in my room I pray that there is a break in period or else I need to invest in some ear muffs lol

• Like 1
coralcousins
6 hours ago, metrokat said:

Hello :)

hey hey :happy:

6 hours ago, Coral_chef said:

Ear plugs are cheap lol.

haha true easy fix.

1 hour ago, spectra said:

Ah the pumps are not that bad.....:lol: just sounds like a box of rocks tumbling around.......

You having the same problem ? lol

MaineReefkeeper
14 hours ago, coralcousins said:

During the leak test the most annoying thing about the tank was the pump. It's loud well at least mine is. It's a constant grinding noise that echoes through the built in filter. Never had a pump sound this loud in any of my past aquariums. My friend brought her sound meter over and we got a reading between 67-71 decibels around the aquarium. Since this aquarium is going to be in my room I pray that there is a break in period or else I need to invest in some ear muffs lol

This makes me nervous cause mines going on the bedroom...wife may not be a happy camper....?

6 hours ago, coralcousins said:

You having the same problem ? lol

I have had a few IM tanks and yes the stock pumps can be noisy.....

Good thing for me is none of my tanks are in a bedroom.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, MaineReefkeeper said:

This makes me nervous cause mines going on the bedroom...wife may not be a happy camper....?

You can try wrapping the pump.  my danner mag had some type of foam I wrapped around it for boise dampening.  I think @BulkReefSupply has a video on that.

coralcousins

Contacted Innovative Marine and they are replacing the pump. They said most likely the one I got is defective.  fingerscrossed

• Like 1
2 hours ago, coralcousins said:

Contacted Innovative Marine and they are replacing the pump. They said most likely the one I got is defective.  fingerscrossed

I am not running it in tank until may 10th lol  I hope it isnt too terrible.  maybe IM should just send us all new pumps. lol

• Like 2
coralcousins

The replacement pump is in and it's so much better. The grinding noise is gone! there's still alot of vibrations I can feel it all around the the tank but at least its quiet now. So if you have a loud pump contact Innovative Marine :)

• Like 2
Coral_chef
18 minutes ago, coralcousins said:

The replacement pump is in and it's so much better. The grinding noise is gone! there's still alot of vibrations I can feel it all around the the tank but at least its quiet now. So if you have a loud pump contact Innovative Marine :)

It's still the stock pump?

can you record a small clip of the noise?

46 minutes ago, coralcousins said:

Wow you got that replacement pump fast! Mine won't be here for another 4-5 days. :(  I hope my replacement is quiet like yours.   That grinding sound was driving me crazy. 

coralcousins
11 minutes ago, SeaFurn said:

Wow you got that replacement pump fast! Mine won't be here for another 4-5 days. :(  I hope my replacement is quiet like yours.   That grinding sound was driving me crazy. 

I messaged them last week but didn't get a reply about a replacement till I sent another message. By then they already have sent one kinda of a surprise lol probably also helps that I live 30 minutes from Innovative Marine.

Coral_chef
22 minutes ago, coralcousins said:

I messaged them last week but didn't get a reply about a replacement till I sent another message. By then they already have sent one kinda of a surprise lol probably also helps that I live 30 minutes from Innovative Marine.

If I lived that close I would of just showed up.

• Like 2
coralcousins
5 hours ago, Coral_chef said:

It's still the stock pump?

can you record a small clip of the noise?

Yes it's still the stock pump. Thursday when I start up the tank I'll record a clip. But really it's a night and day difference. The first pump sounded like a constant grind/rattle/blender noise and could be heard in the surrounding rooms. The replacement during the test was just a humming noise, still a lot of vibration coming from it but I can live with it for now.

16 minutes ago, Coral_chef said:

Dang hopefully you don't have a loud one that close to your bed

Mine is just feet away from my bed, and can be heard across the house :P 

got the shipping ping confirmation today though!

• Like 1
coralcousins
22 minutes ago, Coral_chef said:

Dang hopefully you don't have a loud one that close to your bed

4 minutes ago, Mariaface said:

Mine is just feet away from my bed, and can be heard across the house :P 

got the shipping ping confirmation today though!

The replacement pump isn't that bad. I'm thinking about wrapping the pump in some silicone mat to eat up the vibrations.

• Like 1