Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Coral Cousins 14 Gallon Peninsula

coralcousins

On 9/8/2017 at 4:15 AM, Weetabix7 said:

I've heard good things about the Jebao SW-2 for smaller tanks, as well as the Aqamai pumps.

:( Well my hydor koralia nano broke today so I’m definitely going to be looking into those soon.

• 3 weeks later...

IMG_2375.thumb.JPG.1fedacd37ea542f08e1f950bb619121f.JPGIMG_2374.thumb.JPG.4b2608cabddddded052e16d94bd06a4f.JPGIMG_2379.thumb.JPG.75b1006c501a4c7061cb825c0b1e09e6.JPGed

Small update everything is doing well besides a candy cane frag that bleached out. Its recovering underneath the arch.  I haven't added any new live stock since I've been having problems with the lights not turning on, I've tired reseting the unit and what not but it seems like something is wrong electrically. High pitched sounds comes from the power supply sometimes too and I have to unplug it to make the noise stop.  Also I replaced the broken hydor Koralia nano with a Jebao PP-4 wave maker, the controller is awesome and I'm happy theres no more dead spots in the tank. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, coralcousins said:

IMG_2375.thumb.JPG.1fedacd37ea542f08e1f950bb619121f.JPGIMG_2374.thumb.JPG.4b2608cabddddded052e16d94bd06a4f.JPGIMG_2379.thumb.JPG.75b1006c501a4c7061cb825c0b1e09e6.JPGed

Small update everything is doing well besides a candy cane frag that bleached out. Its recovering underneath the arch.  I haven't added any new live stock since I've been having problems with the lights not turning on, I've tired reseting the unit and what not but it seems like something is wrong electrically. High pitched sounds comes from the power supply sometimes too and I have to unplug it to make the noise stop.  Also I replaced the broken hydor Koralia nano with a Jebao PP-4 wave maker, the controller is awesome and I'm happy theres no more dead spots in the tank. 

I'm pretty sure cobalt sells just the controller/DC converter. @metrokat

On 10/12/2017 at 6:27 PM, Coral_chef said:

I'm pretty sure cobalt sells just the controller/DC converter.

Did you mean Current ? Yeah ill probably pick up another one that might be the problem but even when I try to mess with the settings with the remote it won't change anymore. Only the second M2 Timer option seems to be working correctly.

On 10/12/2017 at 8:41 PM, metrokat said:

Hi - is the light not working?

It works sometimes just has been buggy this past month. 

Finally starting to see some growth from the corals. This one red mushroom has dropped 5 new mushrooms.IMG_2976.thumb.JPG.44fc1bd63b85e2c1dfe0d98d6bbe459d.JPG

Also found this aiptasia under a frag plug which is weird because I haven't added anything new in months. IMG_2979.thumb.JPG.ab88e93be761f546cc12b7cb8f93a092.JPG

The orbit marine light is still acting up but unplugging it and reseting the timer seems to fix it for awhile.

The only reasonable reef store in my area has closed down unfortunately, reason why I haven't added anything. And besides losing all but one of the sexy shrimps everything else is doing great. 

• Like 3
22 hours ago, Coral_chef said:

Aptashia x works wonders.  

Always love your pictures

Used that stuff before in previous tanks but 

It’s only one I’ll probably just break the frag off the plug and get rid of the part with the anemone.  

10 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

Glad the tank is still up and running. If you get a chance I would love to see a full tank shot.

Will do this weekend for sure. I’m going to go check out some stores and see if I pick up any new frags. I’ll take photos after (: 

• Like 1
On 9/22/2017 at 5:10 PM, coralcousins said:

:( Well my hydor koralia nano broke today so I’m definitely going to be looking into those soon.

I just got it few days ago so far so good and same tank so far so good

Quick photo of the tank. Wasn't able to get the mini carpet anemone or the xenia in the photo but ill take more picture soon. We still haven't added anything to the arch yet (because I want to add SPS soon but I'm still deciding if I should get a new light.  Also you can see we lost some Zoa's to a asterina starfish that was munching on them.

IMG_2500.thumb.JPG.0df013f1bb85e3c96bf1de6983a17a4f.JPG

• Like 5
  • 2 years later...