SaltCritters.com

Coral Cousins 14 Gallon Peninsula

coralcousins

Looks good so far............the wait begins :rolleyes: that's the hard part...........

I like the scape its simple but has a nice look to it.

• Like 2
coralcousins
On 5/12/2017 at 3:46 PM, Weetabix7 said:

I like it!!

On 5/12/2017 at 3:42 PM, spectra said:

Looks good so far............the wait begins :rolleyes: that's the hard part...........

I like the scape its simple but has a nice look to it.

On 5/12/2017 at 4:14 PM, fishfreak0114 said:

Love the scape!

Thanks everyone ! I tried to make it look kinda natural and basic.  Hopefully once I get some colors on the rocks they'll blend in more. Going to go fish shopping at the end of next week. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, coralcousins said:

Thanks everyone ! I tried to make it look kinda natural and basic.  Hopefully once I get some colors on the rocks they'll blend in more. Going to go fish shopping at the end of next week. 

Make sure its cycled and ready to go before adding those fish. Have you added any bacteria yet ?

• Like 1
coralcousins
5 minutes ago, spectra said:

Make sure its cycled and ready to go before adding those fish. Have you added any bacteria yet ?

Oh yeah for sure. I've had the rocks cycling in a 5 gallon added bacteria/pure ammonia drops/pellet food since the 27th or 28th of last month. Test are coming out good. Still going to give it till the end of next week. That's if I even find anything. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, coralcousins said:

Oh yeah for sure. I've had the rocks cycling in a 5 gallon added bacteria/pure ammonia drops/pellet food since the 27th or 28th of last month. Test are coming out good. Still going to give it till the end of next week. That's if I even find anything. 

Oh then should be good to go if you have done all that already.

Hopefully you have a plan :lol: I thought I did :rolleyes:

MaineReefkeeper
4 hours ago, coralcousins said:

FTS #2  letting things stable. Hoping to run into some fish this upcoming week fingerscrossed

IMG_1662.JPG

Looks great!!!

• Like 1
coralcousins

First additions.

Green star polyps

greeny1.thumb.JPG.f89a0904a50287295152a9e6dc3a9af1.JPG

Mushroom I think its a rhodactis ? mushy1.thumb.JPG.32bbcff3074bf410db7d566824e2ed0a.JPG

Also green candy cane I forgot to take a picture of.

• Like 5
coralcousins

SPS these were thrown in my purchase look at my next post ....

Birdnest, almost dead Birdnest with coralline and other things growing on it, brown acropora, montipora plate and a branching monti. 

sps1.JPG

sps2.JPG

sps3.JPG

• Like 5
coralcousins

Pest  found these coral eating nudibranchs on a couple of the corals. I picked off as many as I could. I also found eggs underneath some pieces and placed them in container and removed them with a soft bristle brush. It pissed off most of the sps after doing that. 

IMG_1677.JPG

IMG_1681.JPG

• Like 1
coralcousins

Wondering why my user name is Coral Cousins ? well I'll be teaching my younger cousins about all things saltwater. Both of them have chosen all the livestock so far. I really wanted a pair of designer clowns but they said "they look so unnatural" so they picked the ocellaris. 

• Like 4
15 minutes ago, coralcousins said:

Wondering why my user name is Coral Cousins ? well I'll be teaching my younger cousins about all things saltwater. Both of them have chosen all the livestock so far. I really wanted a pair of designer clowns but they said "they look so unnatural" so they picked the ocellaris. 

I like a few of the designer clowns that look like they could've happened randomly in nature (like my little misbar clown I just got) but for the most part I kinda agree, even when I think the designer clowns are pretty lol.

• Like 1
coralcousins

FTS#4   Everything has adjusted well :) and we're still deciding on a clean up crew. As for the Corals I cut off the birdnests that had the algae growing on it and kept the pieces that seem to have life. The other birdsnest is weird, first it was very brown in color and then it started to lighten up with hints of green and now its becoming pink. Maybe it's bleaching or maybe it's a pink birdnests recovering ?

IMG_1724.JPG

• Like 4
coralcousins
2 hours ago, spectra said:

Love the simplicity of the scape!

Thanks ! tired to give it a natural-ish look.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, coralcousins said:

FTS#4   Everything has adjusted well :) and we're still deciding on a clean up crew. As for the Corals I cut off the birdnests that had the algae growing on it and kept the pieces that seem to have life. The other birdsnest is weird, first it was very brown in color and then it started to lighten up with hints of green and now its becoming pink. Maybe it's bleaching or maybe it's a pink birdnests recovering ?

IMG_1724.JPG

It may have been in a poor-spectrum lighting before or something and is starting to color up under your better spectrum. :)

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
coralcousins

Just returned from a week in Mexico. Long drive but was worth it.  Tossed the montipora cap because of the nudibranchs. I guess I didn't remove them all, since I found about 5 full grown nudis and many eggs underneath the coral. I'll keep a eye out to see if any ventured away from the frag.

FTS and photo update coming soon!

• Like 4
StinkyBunny
On 5/27/2017 at 4:09 PM, coralcousins said:

Smart kids, I can't stand them myself. I have gotten some genetic mutants from collecting stations before which I thought was pretty cool. Nice looking tank. With that Montipora frag, you can put them in a dish which will attract the nudibranchs, then nuke them there.

• Like 1
coralcousins
22 hours ago, StinkyBunny said:

Nice looking tank. With that Montipora frag, you can put them in a dish which will attract the nudibranchs, then nuke them there.

Thanks ! :)  I'll have to try that out since I still have some hanging out in between the rocks.