Cultivated Reef

MaineReefkeepers "In it to win it" 100 days of nanos contest tank

MaineReefkeeper

1 minute ago, MaineReefkeeper said:

Talked to Marine Depot. They are shipping my order out again Monday :)

They are super to deal with!!! 

I love their customer service.

• Like 1
MaineReefkeeper
1 minute ago, lkoechle said:

I love their customer service.

For sure! I thought they were gonna say they had to wait to get the damaged packages back first but luckily thats not the case. Only real hold up is I ordered my sand from them. So that will put my cycle a little behind. Rocks are ready to roll when the time comes. 

MaineReefkeeper
20170513_125829

20170513_125850

Some rock and water. Not sure if these will be the rocks I end up using. Been playing around with 5 different pieces trying to come up with something I like. ☺

• Like 6
28 minutes ago, MaineReefkeeper said:

20170513_125829

20170513_125850

Some rock and water. Not sure if these will be the rocks I end up using. Been playing around with 5 different pieces trying to come up with something I like. ☺

Scaping is fun lol.  Need a bit more rock for my own tank as it's not got much in there.

MaineReefkeeper
1 minute ago, Lula_Mae said:

Scaping is fun lol.  Need a bit more rock for my own tank as it's not got much in there.

I had more in there but it looked to crowded...and I had less in there and it looked to empty. Gotta find that happy medium and maybe break out the chisel and ? ?

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, MaineReefkeeper said:

I had more in there but it looked to crowded...and I had less in there and it looked to empty. Gotta find that happy medium and maybe break out the chisel and ? ?

Perpetual problem haha.  Yeah lots of people break out hammer and chisel, I have yet to be successful but I also did not have an outdoor space to do it and our apartment floor had too much give, I think.

8 minutes ago, MaineReefkeeper said:

Aqua-scaping round 2! 

2017-05-15_02-04-49

2017-05-15_02-05-26

Thoughts??

I think I like this one better. 

MaineReefkeeper
2 minutes ago, stellablue said:

I think the scape looks great!

Thanx Stella! I think I really like it. Wish my sand was here. Think that would help solidify the look

Just now, Weetabix7 said:

I think I like this one better. 

Thanx Weet! Me too....?

• Like 1
MaineReefkeeper
2017-05-17_08-35-33

2017-05-17_08-35-56

Slowly but surely I'm making progress!

My Marine Depot order won't be here till next Monday so still running behind. 

I went to PetCo tonight and got some sand and test kits to get me by.

• Like 7
36 minutes ago, MaineReefkeeper said:

Slowly but surely I'm making progress!

My Marine Depot order won't be here till next Monday so still running behind. 

I went to PetCo tonight and got some sand and test kits to get me by.

You gotta do what you gotta do, right?   You're not that far behind....and in a couple of hours when the sand haze clears it's gonna look amazing!!

• Like 3
debbeach13

So your a Main-e-ack (maniac) I was a Mass-hole until 2010 when I moved to Florida, still am I guess. In my younger days I spent some time in Maine one of my favorites was Baxter state park. Sure do miss the coast line and sea food. Looking forward to seeing the tank after the sand cloud settles. Hey wait is that a NY cup on your table?

MaineReefkeeper
27 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

So your a Main-e-ack (maniac) I was a Mass-hole until 2010 when I moved to Florida, still am I guess. In my younger days I spent some time in Maine one of my favorites was Baxter state park. Sure do miss the coast line and sea food. Looking forward to seeing the tank after the sand cloud settles. Hey wait is that a NY cup on your table?

Yup a Main-e-ack!!! Lol...I'm from Malden Ma originally. There are definitely some perks to living in the Northeast but the snow is really getting old ?

Shhhhh...nobody was supposed to notice the Giants cup...lol. My wife is a Giants fan and not happy I stole the cup for dedicated tank maintence!!! ??

2 minutes ago, lkoechle said:

account settings then signature and you can edit it there :)

Thank you!!

• Like 3
MaineReefkeeper
2017-05-21_01-44-01

2017-05-21_01-43-45

2017-05-21_01-42-36

More progress. Sand was added and tank cleaned up pretty well. Still trying to decide exactly what route I'll go. 

My Marine Depot order is scheduled for Monday so I'll have all my test kits. 

My light should finally be here Tuesday.

Hopefully it won't be long before I start adding livestock!! ☺

• Like 7
MaineReefkeeper

Looking for advice on a clean up crew for such a small tank. What should I get when the time is right?? Opinions please? 

MaineReefkeeper
4 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

+1 to ReefCleaners, and I recommend forgoing any hermits cuz the little turds can be meany-butts. :P

Ok! Thanx!

• Like 1

Tank is looking good and agree on the hermits.........I try to just keep snails only.

I have about 10 small nassarius snails,4 Ceriths and about 15 to 20 mini ceriths in mine. Oh and a couple of ninja stars just for looks.

MaineReefkeeper
9 hours ago, spectra said:

Tank is looking good and agree on the hermits.........I try to just keep snails only.

I have about 10 small nassarius snails,4 Ceriths and about 15 to 20 mini ceriths in mine. Oh and a couple of ninja stars just for looks.

Great thanx for the ideas!!

MaineReefkeeper

Opened my mail from Saturday finally and this cool little ato arrived!! Got it used in the hardware section on here....☺

2017-05-21_04-48-32

• Like 8