inTank Media Baskets

ReefCleaner's Sort of Annual Ugly Tank Contest

johnmaloney

Disgusting tank incoming -  my crabs tank is in serious need of work, due to its location its hard to get the filter to run properly. crabby seems okay, he's well fed but its got nasty in the past two weeks I am planning on cleaning it this weekend (monday tuesday).

A lot of the problem is that the enormous crab knocks the pip up and the filterstops sucking. I been working a lot hte past two weeks so I have not been paying as much attention to it as I normally would. My husband told me two nights ago he felt something was wrong and hand me remove the floating gunk.

237e6cd0-2781-4335-a630-4d2e8b8ce69b.jpg

I mean its really disgusting.

20170507_135911.jpg

I think the filter is clogged too. I plan to remedy this this weekend.

20170507_140150.jpg

• Like 11
debbeach13

I love this thread. It makes me feel so good about my tank. I have some hair algae that grows in and around some cloves. That is very hard to pick off or hit with peroxide. Once and awhile a tiny bit of diatom's still show up but that's it. Thanks and reef on. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Sunstar said:

Disgusting tank incoming -  my crabs tank is in serious need of work, due to its location its hard to get the filter to run properly. crabby seems okay, he's well fed but its got nasty in the past two weeks I am planning on cleaning it this weekend (monday tuesday).

A lot of the problem is that the enormous crab knocks the pip up and the filterstops sucking. I been working a lot hte past two weeks so I have not been paying as much attention to it as I normally would. My husband told me two nights ago he felt something was wrong and hand me remove the floating gunk.

20170507_135911.jpg

20170507_140150.jpg

Umm...Sunstar FTW ;)

• Like 4
2 hours ago, johnmaloney said:

Pics or it didn't happen. :)

aaFysm.jpg

QsG2oO.jpg

v0Avbi.jpg

vmpOyA.jpg

4Xiyrt.jpg

tCrzRq.jpg

AK8i9i.jpg

nu4Pqw.jpg

Is that enough Aiptasia?  I might be able to get some pics of them in my back chambers ;)  :P

• Like 2

I am gonna do a thread of thie tank's return to care.... Mine is nothing to be proud of. As I stated my husband indicated convern, I just can't help my crab knocking it off, but I can help other aspects of it. Honestly there is no reason for this happening other than pure neglect. the crab is a tough nut though.

9 hours ago, Sunstar said:

i had aptasia in my frag tank -  one peppermint shrimp and few days later -  not a spec.

I had some aiptasia in my first 5.5...added a couple peps and a few days later they were ripping my zoa skirts out. <_<

• Like 1
johnmaloney
19 hours ago, Astinus said:

aaFysm.jpg

QsG2oO.jpg

v0Avbi.jpg

vmpOyA.jpg

4Xiyrt.jpg

tCrzRq.jpg

AK8i9i.jpg

nu4Pqw.jpg

Is that enough Aiptasia?  I might be able to get some pics of them in my back chambers ;)  :P

That happened. 

johnmaloney
On 5/7/2017 at 10:22 AM, Alexraptor said:

Is this contest only open to U.S. residents?

In any case here is my eternal shame: 

LassieMess1.thumb.jpg.6885b6ccfb450e15a6e358e39c8ae96f.jpg

The prize can only go to the US, so it sort of is. 

johnmaloney
On 5/8/2017 at 10:09 PM, Sunstar said:

I don't mind not getting the prize. If that's the case.

You can enter then, I didn't make any restriction rules. 

On 5/9/2017 at 11:18 AM, lobster876 said:

ill enter after work :)

That is a really long shift. :)

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Sunstar said:

That looks like my pump, I am  thinking of taking m ine out tonight and scraping it.

I took mine out and soaked it in RO water and white vinegar for several hours. Algae came off easily with a brushing.

johnmaloney
On 5/7/2017 at 2:01 PM, Sunstar said:

20170507_135911.jpg

20170507_140150.jpg

Whoa! Now that is a last minute addition. :)

• Like 1