Coral Vue Hydros

100 Days of Nanos

luu78

Good morning everyone, the water parameters tested good. I did another major want to change with the display tanks water and introduce my rock flower anemones that I received yesterday from VIP Reef.

IMG_0338.JPG

IMG_0340.JPG

• Like 9
1 minute ago, luu78 said:

Good morning everyone, the water parameters tested good. I did another major want to change with the display tanks water and introduce my rock flower anemones that I received yesterday from VIP Reef.

IMG_0338.JPG

IMG_0340.JPG

Ooh, pretty Nems!!

Hi everyone....just received the rest of the livestocks today from LiveAquaria. Acclimating them and will post pics later tonight. Unfortunately, 1 sexy shrimp and 1 white spot anemone shrimp DOAed. Heres the list of the order received. Except for the blue linckia star and the hi-fin goby, everything else will reside in the contest tank. 

image.jpg

• Like 7

Nice mini-maxi!  That scallop is so pretty, I hope it does well for you!  Someone on here a few years back kept one for over a year!  No idea who, though, it's been a long time since I read it lol.

22 minutes ago, MaineReefkeeper said:

Looks great!! Love that little cave!

Thanks. It's a good overhang for the bluestripe pipefish. 

13 minutes ago, stellablue said:

Looks great! 

Thanks 

54 minutes ago, Nixperience said:

Looking good Ben!

Thanks Nick

1 hour ago, Lula_Mae said:

Nice mini-maxi!  That scallop is so pretty, I hope it does well for you!  Someone on here a few years back kept one for over a year!  No idea who, though, it's been a long time since I read it lol.

For the scallop, I do feed all my tanks variety of species of processed and live phytoplanktons that I culture at home so hopefully it will survive. This is my second attempt at the electric scallops since like most dont do well long term. I figure it fits this invert theme tank.

• Like 2

Couple more pictures...these white spot anemone shrimps might've paired up after tank intro, I ordered 3 for this particular reason. Unfortunately, one DOAed but I think the two left turns out to be one male and one female. Shes in the top picture, and hes in the second picture. His body is more slender and she has a more concave underbody.

IMG_0511.JPG

IMG_0512.JPG

• Like 6

Hopefully, I get to make a ventilated lid for this tank over the weekend. Ive placed a fiberglass window screen mesh over the overflow weir to protect my pipefish and these delicate shrimps. I once found my Peterson shrimp all dried up on floor and my dragon face pipe fish choked up in the overflow. No more of that. 

I hear good things about live phyto, looking forward to trying it soon myself!  Fingers crossed he does well!  I've rarely seen pipefish before so I'm looking forward to seeing yours.

coralcousins

You went all out on the anemones! :happydance: Pictures of the long tentacle anemone ? Been thinking of getting one but those things are monsters once they start to grow.

On 6/4/2017 at 2:40 PM, coralcousins said:

You went all out on the anemones! :happydance: Pictures of the long tentacle anemone ? Been thinking of getting one but those things are monsters once they start to grow.

I had a power outtage from Sat 2a til Sat 2p which killed 2 of my hi fin gobies, my two leopard wrasses that have sucessfully acclimated and eat everything I put in, along with a rock anemone and then my long tentacle anemone has disappeared overnight as well. Almost as though it dissolved into the water. Any chance that it retracts itself fully under the sand? Well, I had a battery powered air pump which I shared between my 4 tanks including this contest tank. So, I dont know if I can get you a picture of it. 

6 hours ago, luu78 said:

I had a power outtage from Sat 2a til Sat 2p which killed 2 of my hi fin gobies, my two leopard wrasses that have sucessfully acclimated and eat everything I put in, along with a rock anemone and then my long tentacle anemone has disappeared overnight as well. Almost as though it dissolved into the water. Any chance that it retracts itself fully under the sand? Well, I had a battery powered air pump which I shared between my 4 tanks including this contest tank. So, I dont know if I can get you a picture of it. 

:(

My bluestripe Pipefish swims in the current of my MP 10 and 50%, there should not be any reason it would go in the overflow unless injured.

Has it eaten frozen brine or mysis yet? That will be optimal to keep it happy, but pods are always good.

• Like 1

Hi everyone, its been a tough week on the tank. First the 12 hr power outage last Sat. I lost the pipefish, the mini maxi anemone, the long tentacle anemone, and the hi fin goby. Then the official heat wave in Boston the previous 3 days. I will be posting my Week #5 FTS tonight. Ive added a few corals from my frag tank since.

• Like 2