Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

How to use bluefish app on more than one unit?

Hi, I have the bluefish app and am currently using it to control my nanobox light at work. I just bought a second nanobox light for my tank at home. How do I use the bluefish app to control both lights? I can't download the app again because it's already installed. If I try to "register a new device" it tells me my email address is already registered. Feeling really stupid right now. 

Simulated Fish
9 minutes ago, tmc13 said:

Hi, I have the bluefish app and am currently using it to control my nanobox light at work. I just bought a second nanobox light for my tank at home. How do I use the bluefish app to control both lights? I can't download the app again because it's already installed. If I try to "register a new device" it tells me my email address is already registered. Feeling really stupid right now. 

Your not stupid. As of now you cannot have multiple units on the same account. you have to create a new account,with a new email, for each bluefish enabled light. 

yeah it sucks

• Like 1
SpencerShepard

I'm working on a better solution as we speak, but a few tips in the meantime:

You do not need multiple email accounts.  There is no confirmation needed, so just make one up ie 4rudu3rjf@fakemail.com

I suggest using the same password, enabling "remember me", and changing the last character of the username.  So username1, username2, etc.  That way it is 4 taps to switch between accounts.

• Like 3
Simulated Fish
2 minutes ago, SpencerShepard said:

You do not need multiple email accounts.  There is no confirmation needed, so just make one up ie 4rudu3rjf@fakemail.com

just don't forget your password! ;)

• Like 2
SpencerShepard
Just now, Hippieheadshot said:

just don't forget your password! ;)

Yep!  You can always email me for help with that though.

• Like 1
Simulated Fish
Just now, SpencerShepard said:

I know but your a busy man! though you have always been quick to reply :)

• Like 1
12 hours ago, SpencerShepard said:

No don't Spencer needs all the time so he can get so this issue of multiple email accounts can be solved :lol: 

Having 4 accounts is a PITA.......I ended up writing down all the info as I did forget once.......

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, spectra said:

No don't Spencer needs all the time so he can get so this issue of multiple email accounts can be solved :lol: 

Having 4 accounts is a PITA.......I ended up writing down all the info as I did forget once.......

Old people problems

• Like 3
On 5/6/2017 at 9:45 AM, spectra said:

A tip I tell people for now. 

spectra

spectra1

spectra2

spectra3

All use the same PW. 

• 9 months later...
adamthefishguy

Any update on the multiple systems on the same account?  This is a good work around above but it would be better to have all systems on the same account.  After all you certainly want people to buy more than one of what you are selling :) so make it easy!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2018 at 5:33 PM, adamthefishguy said:

Any update on the multiple systems on the same account?  This is a good work around above but it would be better to have all systems on the same account.  After all you certainly want people to buy more than one of what you are selling :) so make it easy!

Something that Spencer is working on. We recently chatted about a few new items. Hoping that we can make this work! 

-Dave

• Like 1
  • Recommended Discussions