ReefCleaners.org

Spectras "Beer Inspired" 100 days contest tank........

spectra

18 minutes ago, spectra said:

Well the deed is done.........................................

Welcome Grumpy Old  Qbertavertopiousrex  to the new digs..........................

IMG_3719.jpg

WANT

On 5/25/2017 at 0:30 AM, 1891Bro said:

I know this post is a few days past good , but I couldn't agree more. I can't stay put long enough for it to be worth while. And the work, what a ####ing nightmare. I sold my house and I went back to renting and let someone else handle the hassles of ownership. Turns out the American dream, well the one my parents told me about, is a lie. 

I actually completely agree with this. 

We owned our house for 8ish years and sold it to move to an apartment that we rent in Greenville. I much prefer our current living arrangement. 

• Like 4
7 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

WANT

We owned our house for 8ish years and sold it to move to an apartment that we rent in Greenville. I much prefer our current living arrangement. 

Well here my house payment is 50% less than a rent payment :lol: so will stick it out.........................

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, spectra said:

Well here my house payment is 50% less than a rent payment :lol: so will stick it out.........................

I just can't stay put. My work almost requires mobility, unless I wanna be some suck pump for a contractor. I think I'm in the only part of the country where renting is cheaper than buying, unless you have about 500k to put on a down payment. The dumpy fixer uppers in San Jose, and not the better parts, are still .75 mil. 

Actually, if I just go full blown and move the family under an overpass I could save a down payment up in a couple years. Hmmmm.  

• Like 3
1 hour ago, spectra said:

Welcome Grumpy Old  Qbertavertopiousrex  to the new digs..........................

IMG_3719.jpg

Welcome home Qbie! :happy:

59 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

WANT

What is this home ownership you speak of? :lol:

40 minutes ago, 1891Bro said:

I just can't stay put. My work almost requires mobility, unless I wanna be some suck pump for a contractor. I think I'm in the only part of the country where renting is cheaper than buying, unless you have about 500k to put on a down payment. The dumpy fixer uppers in San Jose, and not the better parts, are still .75 mil. 

Actually, if I just go full blown and move the family under an overpass I could save a down payment up in a couple years. Hmmmm.  

But where would you put the reef tank? :unsure:

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Lula_Mae said:

Welcome home Qbie! :happy:

What is this home ownership you speak of? :lol:

But where would you put the reef tank? :unsure:

Currently, on the kitchen table. Usually I give away or sell livestock to locals. My moves are usually far, I just chase the work and who knows where it will be next. I like it here better than anywhere I've been. I'm usually glad for a change but leaving the Bay Area, well everywhere I've been sucks in comparison. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, 1891Bro said:

Currently, on the kitchen table. Usually I give away or sell livestock to locals. My moves are usually far, I just chase the work and who knows where it will be next. I like it here better than anywhere I've been. I'm usually glad for a change but leaving the Bay Area, well everywhere I've been sucks in comparison. 

Oh, I meant under the overpass. :lol: Moving long distances can be tough, for sure.

4 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

Oh, I meant under the overpass. :lol: Moving long distances can be tough, for sure.

Ah, it's really not. But trying to move an aquarium, no thanks. I haven't decided on an over pass yet. Maybe I can find one with nice grafitti. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, 1891Bro said:

Well I own my business so I am kind of stuck where I am at.........................many times I wish I worked for someone and could just go home and say #### it will be back tomorrow.................hell no I check emails until I go to bed and do crap into the evening..............hell 4 day weekend for my employees bu me am going in tomorrow to finish a few things up..............

• Like 3
17 minutes ago, spectra said:

Well I own my business so I am kind of stuck where I am at.........................many times I wish I worked for someone and could just go home and say #### it will be back tomorrow.................hell no I check emails until I go to bed and do crap into the evening..............hell 4 day weekend for my employees bu me am going in tomorrow to finish a few things up..............

And you've summed up the responsibility of ownership. You've made my point!

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, 1891Bro said:

And you've summed up the responsibility of ownership. You've made my point!

Well a house is a little different. Its not that bad but yes at times can suck.........

27 minutes ago, spectra said:

You could work for someone else and still be in the same boat.  Ask me how I know...

• Like 3
1 minute ago, spectra said:

Well a house is a little different. Its not that bad but yes at times can suck.........

If mine did it have a lawn, maybe. Sorry, I'm just a nomad at heart. 

Just now, Veng said:

You could work for someone else and still be in the same boat.  Ask me how I know...

How do you know?

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Veng said:

Oh if I worked for someone else well they would get me for that 8 or 10 hours a day...................sorry I don't work for free :lol: 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, spectra said:

Oh if I worked for someone else well they would get me for that 8 or 10 hours a day...................sorry I don't work for free :lol: 

Ha! Yeah that's why I quit so much. Thank god my skill is marketable, sometimes.  

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, 1891Bro said:

Ha! Yeah that's why I quit so much. Thank god my skill is marketable, sometimes.  

Yeah I am sure I could get a job but working for someone now at my age :lol: you want me to do what...................go #### yourself :lol:

• Like 5
13 hours ago, spectra said:

IMG_3719.jpg

:wub: he is cute!!!!!

14 hours ago, spectra said:

IMG_3719.jpg

That dude is awesome! I've always wanted one, but when the guy said don't put him in with anything that he might "THINK" will fit in his mouth, I had to hold off. My LFS had a couple awesome looking anglers this week:

20170524_140623_zpsnl9rnwii.jpg

20170524_140534_zpsmdfdw5f5.jpg

• Like 8
11 minutes ago, cnseekatz said:

That dude is awesome! I've always wanted one, but when the guy said don't put him in with anything that he might "THINK" will fit in his mouth, I had to hold off. My LFS had a couple awesome looking anglers this week:

Holy CRAP. I am seriously in love. 

Why did you do this to me?????

• Like 3
7 hours ago, cnseekatz said:

Those are nice the first one is a nice wartskin angler. They look all cute but can get up 4 or 5 inches I think. A local shop had a nice yellow and purple one and its almost 4" long.

I will say I am happy the one I have is a dwarf so its almost fully grown.

Last night after the transfer it tucked itself under a rock. Later flashed a light in there and it was eying a shrimp that was right nest to him........then bam shrimp gone :lol: 

• Like 5
21 hours ago, spectra said:

IMG_3719.jpg

This guy is awesome!  Does he require live food?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, jack1978 said:

This guy is awesome!  Does he require live food?

Well all I have seen him eat is peppermint shrimp so..........I am thinking:o so. I haven't even tried anything else.

Going to pick up some saltwater ghost shrimp off of ebay and toss them in my fuge in the 100 for snacks later on :lol: from what I have red they can eat themselves to death if you let them. The food doesn't process fast enough and rots in there gut..........plus I am sure that one shrimp will make a big turd in my tank :o good macro food.........

• Like 6

Well no more peppermint shrimp in the tank :lol: not sure what it is but he picked the perfect spot where they like to hang out..............bad for them............I saw one dancing around the rock and well could see a little eyeball eying the shrimp........came back a while later and added a little brine shrimp for the snails and shrimp and well no shrimp to be seen :lol: 

• Like 6