Pod Your Reef

Spectras "Beer Inspired" 100 days contest tank........

spectra

RotaryReef
6 minutes ago, lkoechle said:

You got pics of that straight light?  

Haha, it wont be straight ever if its "beer inspired"

• Like 5
14 minutes ago, NanoSteve said:

Haha, it wont be straight ever if its "beer inspired"

You'd be surprised. If you look up the definition of anal, Spectra's name comes up.

• Like 5
3 hours ago, stellablue said:

SOOOO Cute!  Now I want an angler too.  I do like to copy you, so ......

I say go for it ;)

1 hour ago, lkoechle said:

Its still in the box :lol: I took the tank out then opened a beer and took a pic.......then decided to drink said beer and a few more :lol: maybe tonight but wouldn't count on it.......

1 hour ago, stellablue said:

You'd be surprised. If you look up the definition of anal, Spectra's name comes up.

True statement there........ :wacko:

• Like 6
5 hours ago, yungKitten said:

not for long.

Well it may be in there for another week..........the little guy is so small I don't think it can eat the chromis :lol: if he does he is going to double in size......

5 hours ago, lkoechle said:

Well it only took half a beer :lol: and verified with a tape................. 2 13/16 off each side ;) 

Not sure about the arm.......it takes up a lot of room and may want to run a skimmer......

IMG_3659.JPG

IMG_3658.JPG

• Like 8
RotaryReef
1 minute ago, spectra said:

Well it may be in there for another week..........the little guy is so small I don't think it can eat the chromis :lol: if he does he is going to double in size......

Well it only took half a beer :lol: and verified with a tape................. 2 13/16 off each side ;) 

Not sure about the arm.......it takes up a lot of room and may want to run a skimmer......

IMG_3659.JPG

IMG_3658.JPG

I have leaned towards not using the arm. That mount is way to bulky.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, NanoSteve said:

I have leaned towards not using the arm. That mount is way to bulky.

Not really bulky and love he look just to much hanging in that center section.......I also like the fact you can adjust the height on it.

• Like 1

Well hard to tell in the pic but I noticed the light was shifted to one side :rolleyes: my anal side said move it and well its now centered...............

Just a quick tutorial..............I have been in the construction industry for 30 years...........everything I look at needs to look correct or square......I had a customer watch me one time and asked me why did you not put it level.......well I told her look at it and tell me what you see......level did not match what it was next to but out of level and its all pleasing to the eye......yeah call it what you want but I want to see it all blend together ;) 

I am always lining crap up and well it sucks :lol: I see things the average person probably could care less about but it bugs the living shit out of me :rolleyes:

• Like 7
9 minutes ago, spectra said:

Well hard to tell in the pic but I noticed the light was shifted to one side :rolleyes: my anal side said move it and well its now centered...............

Just a quick tutorial..............I have been in the construction industry for 30 years...........everything I look at needs to look correct or square......I had a customer watch me one time and asked me why did you not put it level.......well I told her look at it and tell me what you see......level did not match what it was next to but out of level and its all pleasing to the eye......yeah call it what you want but I want to see it all blend together ;) 

I am always lining crap up and well it sucks :lol: I see things the average person probably could care less about but it bugs the living shutout of me :rolleyes:

I can appreciate all that...... my family calls me Monica Gellar because my whole house has a "system of placement". lol

• Like 2
Just now, WV Reefer said:

I can appreciate all that...... my family calls me Monica Gellar because my whole house has a "system of placement". lol

I drive myself nuts at times :lol: yup I know where you are coming from ;) 

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, Nixperience said:

I wish I could do this. Maybe next year we can do this again. 

What, drink beers?  Think you can do that anytime! :P  :lol:

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Lula_Mae said:

What, drink beers?  Think you can do that anytime! :P  :lol:

Hell Yeah !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

• Like 2

Well 80 bucks dropped at KP.....................................what did I order.....................................:lol:

• Like 3
41 minutes ago, spectra said:

Well 80 bucks dropped at KP.....................................what did I order.....................................:lol:

I'll venture a guess... Stuff and things!  And maybe some beer. :lol:

• Like 3

Well its wet but I am not to happy with it..........:( waiting to see how it looks when it clears up. This small of a tank and well all the rock I had was bigger pieces. Kind of knocked them down but just not feeling it.

Guess I should have been drinking when I figured out the rock work :rolleyes: 

• Like 7
RotaryReef
2 hours ago, spectra said:

Guess I should have been drinking when I figured out the rock work :rolleyes: 

Only proper way to do it I thought?

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, NanoSteve said:

Only proper way to do it I thought?

Might be as it just doesn't do much for me right now :lol: I have been playing with a few chunks of macro algae and its getting better kind of.........

You get your tank filled yet?

• Like 1
RotaryReef
50 minutes ago, spectra said:

Might be as it just doesn't do much for me right now :lol: I have been playing with a few chunks of macro algae and its getting better kind of.........

You get your tank filled yet?

Yes sir! I have pics on instagram. Ill upload to my thread at some point today lol

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, NanoSteve said:

Yes sir! I have pics on instagram. Ill upload to my thread at some point today lol

I don't go there :D 

Well water has cleared up...... I need to keep my hands out of the tank as that helps to..... kind of growing on me a little so will see.

IMG_3665.JPG

IMG_3667.JPG

• Like 8