Coral Vue Hydros

Feeding Crabs?

Waylon

I have a 5 gallon Pico with an emerald crab, hermit crab and hopefully a smaller shrimp once my LFS gets some in. But for right now there are only the two crabs. I have two pieces of rock that are covered in red and green algae. They pick off the algaes and eat them. Should I be adding a supplement like algae waffers or is the algae good for them? It just feels weird having a tank and not putting any food in it lol. 

20170429_102748.jpg

Looks like diatoms.

You could add a small piece of nori on a clip for them but if not eaten remove it

I have an emerald crab and a blue leg hermit. I feed them with meaty foods every 2-3 days when I feed my sexy shrimp. The emerald crab LOVES the meaty food, goes crazy for it. I would suggest feeding them a tad, there is hardly any algae in your tank for them to feed on. 

17 minutes ago, Clown79 said:

Looks like diatoms.

You could add a small piece of nori on a clip for them but if not eaten remove it

Thanks for the input. I think a clip would be nice because it would be so easy to remove the uneaten food. Here is a better picture of the algae btw

20170504_221711.jpg

Archived