Innovative Marine Aquariums

Gsp not coming out

Jrkrouse13

RayWhisperer

Saltwater made by the LFS? Or, RODI made at the LFS, mixed by you?

If it was LFS saltwater, did you check the salinity?

4 minutes ago, RayWhisperer said:

Saltwater made by the LFS? Or, RODI made at the LFS, mixed by you?

If it was LFS saltwater, did you check the salinity?

Yes, details like this might help us help you figure out what happened and why the snails died. 

• Like 1
Jrkrouse13

It was just rodi water from the lfs then mixed by me. 

Salinity was exactly where I have been using it when put into the tank. I keep it at 1.026

Have you tested ammonia?

LFS water isn't the most reliable. They may not change their filter often enough. I would definitely test the ro/di prior and ensure its ro/di not just Ro

Is temp stable?

Do you have a powerhead?

• Like 1
Jrkrouse13

I did actually test for everything there is no ammonia or nitrites in the water. My temperature hovers right at 80 degrees and I do have a powerhead 

Hmm...have there been any chemicals sprayed near the tank maybe?  Air freshener, scented candles, cleaning supplies, bug spray?  I had an awful tank crash start when pest control came to the apartment, even though the tank was covered.  It was due to a number of factors but that was the start of it.

graftobny142
14 hours ago, Jrkrouse13 said:

The trouble is on going. I recently did a full change with the rodi water and this evening found the majority of my snails are now dead. 

Inverts are sensitive to changes so such a big water change could have screwed them up

Jrkrouse13

Afaik there was no difference in chemicals near the tank we don't even really burn candles near the tank. It could have been the significant wc. This morning the remained of the snails hardly moved from their placement last night other than two ceriths that seem to be all over the glass since the wc

• 2 weeks later...

Following up on the issue... just did a 20% change. Water still cloudy white.

parameters

alkalinity 9.0 dkh

calcium 440 ppm

magnesium 1560 ppm

in doing research I have found a lot of people stating they are having the same issue with reef crystals making the water cloudy white. Does anyone agree that this may be an issue or does it seem as if something else is wrong?

On 6/1/2017 at 11:44 PM, Clown79 said:

Have you tested ammonia?

LFS water isn't the most reliable. They may not change their filter often enough. I would definitely test the ro/di prior and ensure its ro/di not just Ro

Is temp stable?

Do you have a powerhead?

True. Often times they fill up a storage tub with RO water, add the same amount of salt that they do everyday, and then go about their business. I would check the salinity on the water next time to be sure. 

Woah, if you're gonna buy water, just buy distilled and mix the salt yourself. I'd use the tap from a public restroom before I'd use LFS water. No mystery to what's in the toilet water. 

• Like 2

I used reef crystals, i never had issues with cloudy water.

Mixed it for 4hrs with a powerhead and heater.

The only issue i had was inconsistent parameters.

The cloudiness if white could be a bacterial bloom.

I also second using distilled over lfs water.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
On 5/7/2017 at 4:50 AM, Jrkrouse13 said:

Just tested my Params.

ph 8.2

nitrate 0

phosphates 0

calcium 500mg/l

ammonia 0

Salinity is 1.024

gsp still not showing signs of coming out and my diamond watchman goby is seemingly acting weird. He is laying on the sand bed swaying it's your oxygen levels you needback and for taking big gasps. I have no idea what is wrong with him and the gsp at this point. I'm not sure what else I can test for. I appreciate any help I can get. What can I do?

ps also did a 20% wc last night

It's your oxygen levels you need to put oxygen back in your tank