Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Stella's ReefWeeds - 100 days of Nanos Contest Tank

ReefWeeds

28 minutes ago, spectra said:

Well is the pump still loud :unsure: 

Should clear up in a few hours.......

? yes it's loud AF 

• Like 3

The water is somewhat cleared - you can kinda see the rock scape! 

You know, I don't mind the orbit light - it's a nice little light and pretty easy to use. But I will say, a nanobox tide is going over this tank when the contest is over lol. I love my nanobox lights :) 

IMG_2685.JPG

• Like 9
25 minutes ago, stellablue said:

You know, I don't mind the orbit light - it's a nice little light and pretty easy to use. But I will say, a nanobox tide is going over this tank when the contest is over lol. I love my nanobox lights :) 

IMG_2685.JPG

Cool Rockscape, gorgeous background pic!!!

• Like 2
3 hours ago, stellablue said:

IMG_2685.JPG

Cool scape, lady!

• Like 1
Just now, jack1978 said:

Cool scape, lady!

Thanks jack! I wanted some caves and stuff the angler could swim around in. 

2 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

Cool scape, lady!

Behind the branch rock, there's a mangrove planter filled with Fiji mud. I'm curious to see how it works and if the 6" of mud will help with filtration 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Mariaface said:

...I'm jealous. I have a nifty idea for my rock work but I'm not sure how elegantly I can pull it off.

This took me longer than I'd like to admit to get to the point of me liking it lol 

Made my first purchase of corals for the tank! They will go in one of the other tanks until the 14 is ready. 

A torch and two octospawn! 

IMG_2687.PNG

• Like 12
2 minutes ago, Coral_chef said:

That's a hell of a deal!

I know, right?? I think the best deals are sometimes with local Reefers you get to know. And you can trade too. I think it's one of my favorite parts of this hobby 

• Like 5
2 hours ago, stellablue said:

This took me longer than I'd like to admit to get to the point of me liking it lol 

Made my first purchase of corals for the tank! They will go in one of the other tanks until the 14 is ready. 

A torch and two octospawn! 

IMG_2687.PNG

but are they VALUED at $250???  hahaha

• Like 2
Just now, ninjamyst said:

Lmao - I don't think so! But maybe they are superduper euphyllia! 

2 minutes ago, ninjamyst said:

Hey what are torches and stuff worth? The torch has two heads, one octospawn has 2 heads and the other has 3 heads I think. But they have super long stalks which I really like as it will add structure 

33 minutes ago, stellablue said:

Lmao - I don't think so! But maybe they are superduper euphyllia! 

Hey what are torches and stuff worth? The torch has two heads, one octospawn has 2 heads and the other has 3 heads I think. But they have super long stalks which I really like as it will add structure 

Usually $20 a head, $30 2 heads, $40 3 heads and so on.  If yours look like GOLD torches though so you just exceeded your maximum $250 value.  Just sell them to me for $20 each so you can get more stuff =P.

• Like 4
Just now, ninjamyst said:

Usually $20 a head, $30 2 heads, $40 3 heads and so on.  If yours look like GOLD torches though so you just exceeded your maximum $250 value.  Just sell them to me for $20 each so you can get more stuff =P.

:lol: I heart you, Ninja! 

• Like 1

Ok one more piece of coral I'm putting in once done cycling. This is for value purposes. Blue bush rhodactis. Stiggies are long gone (melted ?) 

IMG_2755.PNG

And these two mushies are going in as well. I got the first green one from legendary almost two years ago and then the other reddish one I picked up at the LFS a few months ago. Got valuation of $60 for both from Kat and Ben since I don't have the receipts 

IMG_2725.JPG

IMG_2729.JPG

• Like 6
37 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

Mushies! :wub:

I love mushies.  That's going to be the primary focus of this tank :)  Along with some macro algae.

• Like 4
7 minutes ago, stellablue said:

I love mushies.  That's going to be the primary focus of this tank :)  Along with some macro algae.

Yay!  I love 'em too.  St. Thomas are my fave, and Discosoma carlgreni can be quite stunning (the ones I had from Reef Gardener certainly were, I was heartbroken to lose them all in the crash).

• Like 1
Just now, Lula_Mae said:

Yay!  I love 'em too.  St. Thomas are my fave, and Discosoma carlgreni can be quite stunning (the ones I had from Reef Gardener certainly were, I was heartbroken to lose them all in the crash).

I have one carlgreni - boy, does it sting stuff!  It's a pretty aggressive mushroom.  Rhodactis I think are my favorite (for now)

8 minutes ago, stellablue said:

I have one carlgreni - boy, does it sting stuff!  It's a pretty aggressive mushroom.  Rhodactis I think are my favorite (for now)

Really?  I used to have one on a rock by itself (on which it moved around and dropped four babies lol) so it never encountered anything.  Good to know!  It's hard to find info on it from what I remember (haven't looked in a while) since it's not as common as other Discosoma.

• Like 1
  • Christopher Marks changed the title to Stella's ReefWeeds - 100 days of Nanos Contest Tank