Innovative Marine Aquariums

Stella's ReefWeeds - 100 days of Nanos Contest Tank

ReefWeeds

ReefWeeds

Click the following link to vote! 

@Addinali made me an awesome logo for my contest thread!!! I love it! I posted it below :)

Current FTS as of 8/20/2017

IMG_6343.thumb.JPG.5f80fb3d6dee888d84b3653b3dd18b11.JPG

Tank DOB: 5-14-2017

Updated with the first FTS Shots:  May 10, 2017

Here's the breakdown:

Hardware and equipment:

Innovative Marine Fusion 14 Peninsula tank

Stock pump (for now)

Lighting:  Orbit Marine LED

Flow:  Koralia 425(not used) 

Flitration:  floss and carbon along with mangroves and fiji mud and some macro algae

Rock and Sand:

Tropic Eden reef flakes

A mangrove planter filled with Fiji mud and mangroves 

Rock from existing tanks

Stocking:

Macro algae 

euphyllia 

two clowns

two gobies 

a pistol shrimp 

hermits

scutus limpets 

snails and stuff 

......  that's it for now.  

IMG_2938.JPG

• Like 13
ninjamyst

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH...fueling the addiction.

You don't even have to buy corals.  You can just the surplus you been hoarding in your 8 other tanks =P.

And do you just always have rocks cycling????????

• Like 9
ReefWeeds
2 minutes ago, ninjamyst said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH...fueling the addiction.

You don't even have to buy corals.  You can just the surplus you been hoarding in your 8 other tanks =P.

And do you just always have rocks cycling????????

Hahaha pretty much! I have buckets everywhere - jeff loves it! 

Yeah not planning on buying livestock - use I've got and showcase my favorite things :D

31 minutes ago, pgrVII said:

Lord lol good work stellathegreat ??

I have issues :lol:

• Like 3
1 minute ago, stellablue said:

Hahaha pretty much! I have buckets everywhere - jeff loves it! 

Yeah not planning on buying livestock - use I've got and showcase my favorite things :D

I have issues :lol:

Well obviously stellathegreat lol but that's why youre great!

• Like 1
ReefWeeds
4 hours ago, Boggers said:

this is the way to be thrifty and not so thrifty all at the same time.  LOL

I think it's the only way thrifty and something I do can be used. I should be more thrifty... I try to be thrifty. I fail. 

• Like 1

El Jeffe is going to take you on a boat trip.....just as soon as he swings by the hardware store for a few concrete blocks. 

• Like 5
ReefWeeds
48 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

El Jeffe is going to take you on a boat trip.....just as soon as he swings by the hardware store for a few concrete blocks. 

I need to buy a better life jacket :D

• Like 2

Is this what it takes to get you back onto the forum :P 

I still have some purple deaths still with your name on them.......oh and some nuclear greens as they go together ;) 

• Like 1
ReefWeeds
6 minutes ago, spectra said:

I still have some purple deaths still with your name on them.......oh and some nuclear greens as they go together ;) 

I will put them in this tank!!!! 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, stellablue said:

I will put them in this tank!!!! 

I need to get them to you.........The purple deaths are a small colony even as I fragged them already :lol: at least 20 polyps or more.......

• Like 1
ReefWeeds
6 hours ago, spectra said:

And yeah, apparently I just needed a challenge to give me a swift kick in the you know where :lol: plus, I saw your name on the list and I thought "oh this is going to be fun!!!"

• Like 1
jedimasterben
6 hours ago, Coral_chef said:

Isn't there something in the rules about recieving free corals @metrokat @jedimasterben

Everything that goes in has to be assigned a value based on what it would typically cost. Luckily for you guys, to me coral is coral, so I would likely allow a far lower price than @metrokat and the name game :P

• Like 3
ReefWeeds
14 minutes ago, jedimasterben said:

Everything that goes in has to be assigned a value based on what it would typically cost. Luckily for you guys, to me coral is coral, so I would likely allow a far lower price than @metrokat and the name game :P

Ha I forget names!! So I have a mushie I bought for $20 and it has turned into a bounce. So how do things like that work? I think I still remember how much I spent for stuff too so I'll make sure to keep a list of what I'm moving over from other tanks. I'm looking forward to this! 

• Like 2
ninjamyst
10 minutes ago, stellablue said:

Ha I forget names!! So I have a mushie I bought for $20 and it has turned into a bounce. So how do things like that work? I think I still remember how much I spent for stuff too so I'll make sure to keep a list of what I'm moving over from other tanks. I'm looking forward to this! 

You exceeded the limit already then.  You are taking minimalistic tank to a whole new level with just one bounce mushroom =P.  

I do like that the $250 limit is not based on purchase price but a standard, normalized value.  A $20 zoa in one city can be worth just $5 in another.

• Like 4
ReefWeeds
2 minutes ago, ninjamyst said:

You exceeded the limit already then.  You are taking minimalistic tank to a whole new level with just one bounce mushroom =P.  

I do like that the $250 limit is not based on purchase price but a standard, normalized value.  A $20 zoa in one city can be worth just $5 in another.

:lol: one mushie and a royal gramma - done!!! 

• Like 2

Just load it up with high end stuff....................I am sure you got some good stuff from WWC........

• Like 2
15 hours ago, jedimasterben said:

noooooooooooo!

• Like 1
  • Christopher Marks changed the title to Stella's ReefWeeds - 100 days of Nanos Contest Tank