Cultivated Reef

WV Reefer's 75 Gallon Big and Dirty.

WV Reefer

• 2 weeks later...
ECLS Reefer
9 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

RIP The Star Lord

He was the O.G. and ruler of this reef. 

9B71D188-6FBE-4199-BA19-B768EE9455E5.thumb.jpeg.fa22a6c8e35a340e58a6a3c46f1127a8.jpeg

D08957BA-649B-41B8-A072-FC8CEB7B2135.thumb.jpeg.76d995dfb57ecf15109e9428c3a77014.jpeg

Noooooooooooooooooooooo 😱😢😢😢😢 that breaks my heart! Altuve will have a moment of silence for his brocuz.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Noooooooooooooooooooooo 😱😢😢😢😢 that breaks my heart! Altuve will have a moment of silence for his brocuz.

Yeah I was bummed. He was out eating the other night and then I never saw him again. 🙁

• Sad 4
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
17 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

RIP The Star Lord

9B71D188-6FBE-4199-BA19-B768EE9455E5.thumb.jpeg.fa22a6c8e35a340e58a6a3c46f1127a8.jpeg

D08957BA-649B-41B8-A072-FC8CEB7B2135.thumb.jpeg.76d995dfb57ecf15109e9428c3a77014.jpeg

Oh no!! 😞 Sorry to hear

• Like 1
mitten_reef
3 minutes ago, spectra said:

or its hiding really well and not know for that...........

Thought you were still referring to yours here...

1 minute ago, spectra said:

Well mine was a tang..........kind of hard to hide............

Sorry about the tang. That sucks. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Dang sorry you lost him 😞 flippin sucks! I lost two fish to my salinity swing and still bummed.

I hate not knowing what happened to him. He was fat and sassy like always the last time I saw him. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Sad 3
1 minute ago, WV Reefer said:

I hate not knowing what happened to him. He was fat and sassy like always the last time I saw him. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Ya that is the worst! You don't see it coming and they are eating and poof. Could he have jumped out somewhere?

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Ya that is the worst! You don't see it coming and they are eating and poof. Could he have jumped out somewhere?

It’s certainly possible ......then was eaten by a dog probably. 🙁

• Sad 5
Snow_Phoenix
On 4/9/2020 at 7:46 AM, WV Reefer said:

RIP The Star Lord

I'm so sorry to hear this. 😞

Did you check the back corners of the tank using a flashlight? Because these guys can actually cram themselves into all sorts of nooks and crannies and hide out for a couple of days. My Starry, Thanos - 'vanishes' from time to time. Turns out he favors the shadows sometimes. 

Still hoping for a miracle and that he pops back up somehow. 😞 

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

I'm so sorry to hear this. 😞

Did you check the back corners of the tank using a flashlight? Because these guys can actually cram themselves into all sorts of nooks and crannies and hide out for a couple of days. My Starry, Thanos - 'vanishes' from time to time. Turns out he favors the shadows sometimes. 

Still hoping for a miracle and that he pops back up somehow. 😞 

Thank you.......but he is gone. 🙁

• Sad 3

I am good, my kids and their families are all good. Which of course is all that really matters. I haven’t been any where in weeks which means pretty bored.Thank God I have a dog. It is hot and humid but that’s Florida. How are you and yours?

image.jpg

• Like 4
19 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

I am good, my kids and their families are all good. Which of course is all that really matters. I haven’t been any where in weeks which means pretty bored.Thank God I have a dog. It is hot and humid but that’s Florida. How are you and yours?

image.jpg

We are both doing well. Fortunately we are both able to still work and other than store shelves being emptier than usual, life isn’t much different here.  

is that a pteris fern on your tv shelf? 

Sooooo, I got all hyped up and finally made a batch of water for a water change and figured I’d get really crazy and do some testing.........My last test results were almost two years ago. 😂 Not surprising some of the test kits were expired. 🤷🏻‍♀️

not that it matters, but here are the results:

temp-75

ph-8.2

NH3- not detectable

NO2-not detectable

NO3- not detectable

Ca-509

KH-10

Mg-1500

I couldn’t test the phosphate because the kit was bad but everything else is about right where it was the last time I tested. 

• Like 5
ECLS Reefer
24 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Sooooo, I got all hyped up and finally made a batch of water for a water change and figured I’d get really crazy and do some testing.........My last test results were almost two years ago. 😂 Not surprising some of the test kits were expired. 🤷🏻‍♀️

not that it matters, but here are the results:

temp-75

ph-8.2

NH3- not detectable

NO2-not detectable

NO3- not detectable

Ca-509

KH-10

Mg-1500

I couldn’t test the phosphate because the kit was bad but everything else is about right where it was the last time I tested. 

My tank must be in a growth phase because every time I check the calcium is a tad bit low, and the KH slightly lower than my goal. I can’t wait to have true stability. If I ever get there. 

• Like 1
  • WV Reefer changed the title to WV Reefer's 75 Gallon Big and Dirty.