Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

WV Reefer's 75 Gallon Big and Dirty.

WV Reefer

DSFIRSTSLTWATER
41 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Red Mithrax. He was an algae eating machine and liked to steal from the fish clip. 

I don't think I've seen a red one before... sorry he's gone :sad:

• Like 2
4 hours ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

I don't think I've seen a red one before... sorry he's gone :sad:

It's the off shore version of the emerald crab. The red ones are less prickish when it comes to picking at corals.

• Like 4
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
7 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

It's the off shore version of the emerald crab. The red ones are less prickish when it comes to picking at corals.

Oh wow that's cool. I guess those ones are good at eating algae. My emerald is lazy 😀

• Like 2
44 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Oh wow that's cool. I guess those ones are good at eating algae. My emerald is lazy 😀

I already ordered another..... he was good at eating the bubble algae when it popped up. 

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

I already ordered another..... he was good at eating the bubble algae when it popped up. 

Red Mithrax and strawberries aren't the same right? We have a big strawberry in both tanks and they eat whatever. Only come out with the lights off.

• Like 1
Just now, Dirté Sanchez said:

Red Mithrax and strawberries aren't the same right? We have a big strawberry in both tanks and they eat whatever. Only come out with the lights off.

They are different. 

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Strawberry crabs are miserable pricks, they're mainly carnivores. One thing to remember about ANY crab is that they are opportunistic, if it's there and edible, they're gonna eat it.

• Like 3
18 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

Yeah, I was bummed......He’s been in there forever. He always sits up there in the early morning and I didn’t think anything of it until he was still up there when I got home. 

😭

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

I got so frustrated this afternoon--I'd take a picture that looked good on the phone screen only to find it ridiculously blurry when viewed in the album. I still can't figure out what witchcraft you use to make such gorgeous pictures!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

I got so frustrated this afternoon--I'd take a picture that looked good on the phone screen only to find it ridiculously blurry when viewed in the album. I still can't figure out what witchcraft you use to make such gorgeous pictures!! 

Thanks.😊

I know from a lot of practice the perfect times in the light cycle to take iPhone pics. Certain times of day are a no no because the room gets so much light. 

I’ve been saying for years now that I’ll use the good camera some day but I’m always to lazy to get it out. 😄

• Like 2
1 minute ago, WV Reefer said:

Thanks.😊

I know from a lot of practice the perfect times in the light cycle to take iPhone pics. Certain times of day are a no no because the room gets so much light. 

I’ve been saying for years now that I’ll use the good camera some day but I’m always to lazy to get it out. 😄

I tried with my expensive camera one day and found that my iPhone X did far better seeing through the glass. My camera is probably 10 years old now though, so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised. I can't wait til the new light comes this week and I see what good times look like on it. And can actually get the top of my tank without so much electronic garbage on top. I might even be able to get a top down view for once!

• Like 2
7 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

I'm thinking of selling off the 7D and lenses. I just don't use it other than long distance shots anymore.Too much bullshit to load the pics onto IG from the camera. With the phone it's 4 clicks and you're an interwebs sensation.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, StinkyBunny said:

I'm thinking of selling off the 7D and lenses. I just don't use it other than long distance shots anymore.Too much bullshit to load the pics onto IG from the camera. With the phone it's 4 clicks and you're an interwebs sensation.

It’s such a pain to drag out the camera, and then set up the tripod....... by that time I’m bored. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, WV Reefer said:

It’s such a pain to drag out the camera, and then set up the tripod....... by that time I’m bored. 😂

Shit, setting up the tripod is the easy part. When I do macro, I have the ring and strobe lights shit to set up as well, F that noise.

• Haha 3
  • Wow 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
13 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

Thanks.😊

Yup Katie has an expensive camera and I have yet to try and use it to take tank pics 😂 I always say I should try then get super lazy

• Like 2
On 9/23/2019 at 8:54 PM, StinkyBunny said:

70800523_2842555829106893_56187036786480

i could have used some weed to drink last night! 😏 some shit head was making purchases from my Wayfair account.....almost had a heart attack when I got the emails and texts.

• Haha 3
  • Wow 2
3 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

i could have used some weed to drink last night! 😏 some shit head was making purchases from my Wayfair account.....almost had a heart attack when I got the emails and texts.

Damn we have the same issue. My Amazon Prime notifications are going crazy this morning. I could check out what I ordered but that takes the fun out of it

• Haha 2
  • WV Reefer changed the title to WV Reefer's 75 Gallon Big and Dirty.