Coral Vue Hydros

WV Reefer's 75 Gallon Big and Dirty.

WV Reefer

You got any Giant Palys? I might see if my guy can get some cinnamons and greens in the next few weeks.

Kat's Giant Greens and Billy Idol holding shit together, lol.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

You got any Giant Palys? I might see if my guy can get some cinnamons and greens in the next few weeks.

I have some in this tank......For some reason I don’t have many pics of them. I like the larger Palys.......are their other types of the bigger ones? 

4 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

I'm not sure I'm sold on liking palys. Had some fugly brown ones when I first started all this in January and they still pop up occasionally in the tank in random places like Where's Waldo. The hermits drag the little rock around. Got some nebula palys a long time back and they're colorful- they blend in with the zoas. Those green ones kinda look like lily pads to me.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

I'm not sure I'm sold on liking palys. Had some fugly brown ones when I first started all this in January and they still pop up occasionally in the tank in random places like Where's Waldo. The hermits drag the little rock around. Got some nebula palys a long time back and they're colorful- they blend in with the zoas. Those green ones kinda look like lily pads to me.

I had some of the large neon green ones with the long skirts and they were so pretty but I knew they had to go or they would have been everywhere. 

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

I have some in this tank......For some reason I don’t have many pics of them. I like the larger Palys.......are their other types of the bigger ones? 

Yea, the Cinnamon ones are about 1/4" larger than the green ones.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

I had some of the large neon green ones with the long skirts and they were so pretty but I knew they had to go or they would have been everywhere. 

Do you have pictures of them? I don’t what makes me shy away from palys if they don’t look more or less like a zoa. I guess those first fugly brown ones just gave me an aversion. I like those little nebulas- they haven’t expanded yet but they are open every day. Got them from that Aqaurium Depot place- I bet they have a good picture of them still. They only sell them one or two polyps at a time.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Do you have pictures of them? I don’t what makes me shy away from palys if they don’t look more or less like a zoa. I guess those first fugly brown ones just gave me an aversion. I like those little nebulas- they haven’t expanded yet but they are open every day. Got them from that Aqaurium Depot place- I bet they have a good picture of them still. They only sell them one or two polyps at a time.

I don’t have pics of the neon green ones because they were out of there so fast. 

Here are my current Palys:

Here you can see the Giant Palys on the right. (It’s the most current pic I have of them)

I have a few types of zoas also but I’m not a huge fan. 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

I don’t have pics of the neon green ones because they were out of there so fast. 

Here you can see the Giant Palys on the right. (It’s the most current pic I have of them)

I like the purple ones! They’re a good color.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

Not a huge fan................:rolleyes: zoas are the thing :lol: LPS is so over rated..........:tongueout:

The purple deaths do look nice though............one of my favorites.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

I fed my purple deaths to my clown crab 😮

If you ever wanna get rid of them, the Orange Spot Fiji dwarf puffer will fix that right up for you. Toby went through M's zoanthids like Fat Bastard at an all-u-can-eat buffet, lol.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 1
10 hours ago, spectra said:

The purple deaths do look nice though............one of my favorites.

Mine are getting stung by the red Goniopora right now and I really can’t move them. Hopefully they creep out of its way. 

• Like 1

This recurring starfish orgy is starting to get on my nerves. I’m surprised the coral can get any light under there. 🙄

A few more:

BC26D0A1-6A8C-4FA6-8466-A2E37DD9AD39.thumb.jpeg.b4169c268914baa6f06aa61905af09b8.jpeg

F2E57DF2-847A-4FFD-8FCE-0427E3BF92BC.thumb.jpeg.bee68e675269a0312d19df7b0d6c3690.jpeg

369D77C6-DC87-4D4F-A22C-7B351E3E965B.thumb.jpeg.90a6c48ee640715d4b2088edb1b5b4b0.jpeg

BB668F78-410F-42D4-BA57-52E920F754A3.thumb.jpeg.4cbf0e0d74093344afc7c9dd955a1c68.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • Wow 3
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
8 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

This recurring starfish orgy is starting to get on my nerves. I’m surprised the coral can get any light under there. 🙄

A few more:

BC26D0A1-6A8C-4FA6-8466-A2E37DD9AD39.thumb.jpeg.b4169c268914baa6f06aa61905af09b8.jpeg

F2E57DF2-847A-4FFD-8FCE-0427E3BF92BC.thumb.jpeg.bee68e675269a0312d19df7b0d6c3690.jpeg

369D77C6-DC87-4D4F-A22C-7B351E3E965B.thumb.jpeg.90a6c48ee640715d4b2088edb1b5b4b0.jpeg

BB668F78-410F-42D4-BA57-52E920F754A3.thumb.jpeg.4cbf0e0d74093344afc7c9dd955a1c68.jpeg

OMG!! I wish that was happening in my tank :lol:

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

OMG!! I wish that was happening in my tank :lol:

I’d like to send you some but Im afraid they’ll die again. Two Day shipping is definitely a no go.

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
4 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

I’d like to send you some but Im afraid they’ll die again. Two Day shipping is definitely a no go.

It's ok, thanks for the offer. I'm gonna be placing an order with the link you sent me. I can't do it for a couple weeks though. I wonder why they don't ship well when you tried it

• Like 1
Just now, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

It's ok, thanks for the offer. I'm gonna be placing an order with the link you sent me. I can't do it for a couple weeks though. I wonder why they don't ship well when you tried it

They are known for being poor shippers. The little white ones do fine but these seem more delicate. 

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

They are known for being poor shippers. The little white ones do fine but these seem more delicate. 

Does that place sell asterina?

• Like 1
  • WV Reefer changed the title to WV Reefer's 75 Gallon Big and Dirty.