Coral Vue Hydros

WV Reefer's 75 Gallon Big and Dirty.

WV Reefer

14 minutes ago, seabass said:

Best of luck on the anthias!

Thank you. I finally witnessed them eating earlier so I’m keeping my fingers crossed. 🤞🏻

Plus, there is a lot of sh*t floating around in my dirty water for them to eat! 😄

• Like 2

Quick update:

Both Anthias are looking great and eating all day long  😊 they are still a little hide-y  but that’s to be expected with the crew of other buttheads being all in their business all the time. 

Part of the GSP wall was bulldozed by a turbo. 🙄

Trying something different by ditching the T5s for awhile......Had to buy some mounts for the Radions...... Hopefully I don’t hate it. 😬😄

8A23490D-EA24-4CD6-A339-51CA92719E27.thumb.jpeg.342130095a5452fd2bec185532f717a2.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Wow 3
ECLS Reefer
19 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Quick update:

Both Anthias are looking great and eating all day long  😊 they are still a little hide-y  but that’s to be expected with the crew of other buttheads being all in their business all the time. 

Trying something different by ditching the T5s for awhile......Had to buy some mounts for the Radions...... Hopefully I don’t hate it. 😬😄

8A23490D-EA24-4CD6-A339-51CA92719E27.thumb.jpeg.342130095a5452fd2bec185532f717a2.jpeg

What's a radion do? Is it like a T5 or LED or halide??

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

What's a radion do

What!! It’s the rich folk choice of leds lol

F4C52180-624F-460D-81E0-EB8EA0E070B8.gif

• Haha 3
6 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

What's a radion do? Is it like a T5 or LED or halide??

A Radion is an LED light. Currently I have a four bulb T5 hybrid with two Radion XR15’s.  I’m going to take off the T5s and remount the Radions alone. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
1 minute ago, Tamberav said:

Why no more t5? 😮 Bulbs? Heat? going newschool? 

Ive tried T5 only...... then T5 LED hybrid. Now I want to try LED only. 

Also, when I move in about a year I won’t be able to hang the fixture so I want to see how I like the look of the tank without the large fixture overhead to balance it out.

If not I may just need a new tank.🤷🏻‍♀️ 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
57 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Quick update:

So far..... I've had the best growth via the Radion.  I think you'll be happy.  

.....as far as LED only.  I'm hooking up a Hybrid over the Lagoon.  .. we'll see. 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

.....as far as LED only.  I'm hooking up a Hybrid over the Lagoon.  .. we'll see. 

Just not a fan.............had a XR15 over my 20 when I first got back in and well it was like a disco ball over the tank :lol:

Going T5s and the new Red Sea lights over my new one.................love the shimmer as they remind me of Kessils..............

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
ECLS Reefer
1 hour ago, FISHnChix said:

What!! It’s the rich folk choice of leds lol

F4C52180-624F-460D-81E0-EB8EA0E070B8.gif

Well that'd be why I don't know what the heck it is then, since I'm PO

• Haha 3
Just now, Dirté Sanchez said:

Well you have a saltwater goldfish................so your not that po :lol:

• Haha 2
ECLS Reefer
Just now, spectra said:

Well you have a saltwater goldfish................so your not that po :lol:

Uh, which one is the goldfish?? I have managed to find and lose fish lately. 

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, spectra said:

Just not a fan.............had a XR15 over my 20 when I first got back in and well it was like a disco ball over the tank :lol:

Going T5s and the new Red Sea lights over my new one.................love the shimmer as they remind me of Kessils..............

Kessils for the win!! Only bc I have them lol.. too bad I don't know jack about reefing and my sps die lmaooooo 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1
10 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Yea I think we all are doing good and spending WAY too much on a hobby that is going to shit with all the collection areas closing up... 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
ECLS Reefer
19 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Yea I think we all are doing good and spending WAY too much on a hobby that is going to shit with all the collection areas closing up... 

YEP. But then, I can't keep a real goldfish alive these days, so maybe this hobby is going to kick my butt in the end.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, mitten_reef said:

Ooh tank mount radions would look nice on this one. You’ll need more radions for good/proper coverage though. 

It has made it this far with two so we’ll see how it goes. 🤷🏻‍♀️

2 hours ago, jack1978 said:

I doubt i miss the tubes much...... but it will be weird without a “canopy” above.  

• WV Reefer changed the title to WV Reefer's 75 Gallon Big and Dirty.