Pod Your Reef

WV Reefer's 75 Gallon Big and Dirty.

WV Reefer

56 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Yes and no. I already caught him giving his lady friend a tour. 🙄😂

That is funny stuff...  oh and maybe it's my inner sparky but that strain on the mp40 cord is no good lol.. at least angle the cord the way it naturally falls or better yet support it parallel from the pump before it heads towards the ground that way it doesnt rip that bushing at the motor side lmao

• Haha 2
ECLS Reefer
8 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

My dad is watching my tanks while I’m away for the first time so I bought a camera to stick in the living room so that I can see both tanks .....because I don’t trust him. 😄

Proof of life:

It’s alive!!!! 😃

See im not the only paranoid person. I watch mine on breaks at work 🤭

• Like 1
7 hours ago, spectra said:

a touch...........................:lol:

The photos make it look more serious but it was just in the corners. Turned the flow back up and it’s gone........ I always lower the flow when I leave so that there are no sandstorms. 

• Like 4
On 6/16/2019 at 7:36 AM, WV Reefer said:

The photos make it look more serious but it was just in the corners. Turned the flow back up and it’s gone........ I always lower the flow when I leave so that there are no sandstorms. 

coming home from vaca and not seeing your tank destroyed is a very wonderful feeling. looking goooood!

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, Brock0019 said:

coming home from vaca and not seeing your tank destroyed is a very wonderful feeling. looking goooood!

Thank you. 😀

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

I'm so jealous of the elegance!

It’s so pretty........but mine acts like a bitch sometimes too. It doesn’t like soft corals.  If it’s near a soft coral it closes up for days.  

• Like 2
StinkyBunny
Just now, WV Reefer said:

It’s so pretty........but mine acts like a bitch sometimes too. It doesn’t like soft corals.  If it’s near a soft coral it closes up for days.  

Keep it upstream from leathers. I have a Montipora and a huge Fiji leather duking it out in my 57 right now.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, StinkyBunny said:

Keep it upstream from leathers. I have a Montipora and a huge Fiji leather duking it out in my 57 right now.

I got rid of my toadstool which seemed to be the big offender. 

StinkyBunny
1 minute ago, WV Reefer said:

I got rid of my toadstool which seemed to be the big offender. 

Yea, their chemical warfare game is strong.

• Like 2

Anyone want a reverse superman monti?  I accidentally broke off about a 2x1 piece that was overhanging the rockwork today. I was super upset because it's an encrusting monti and it was overhanging on a thin plate about 3 inches. 

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, patback said:

Anyone want a reverse superman monti?  I accidentally broke off about a 2x1 piece that was overhanging the rockwork today. I was super upset because it's an encrusting monti and it was overhanging on a thin plate about 3 inches. 

Im currently in a holding pattern.....I have aiptasia to murder in the 12 gallon and Cespitularia that needs murdered in the 75. 🙁

13 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Im currently in a holding pattern.....I have aiptasia to murder in the 12 gallon and Cespitularia that needs murdered in the 75. 🙁

Whoops. Thought this was the lounge.  Sorry.  Ofcourse, you would always get first dibs anyway. 😉 🌻

• Haha 1
ECLS Reefer
44 minutes ago, patback said:

I wish. But my first foray into montis and acros was unfortunate, so I better pass

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
1 hour ago, StinkyBunny said:

Yea, their chemical warfare game is strong.

So wait, if the coral is downstream of a soft coral that can piss them off??? I thought they had to be touching 😬

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
9 minutes ago, patback said:

Whoops. Thought this was the lounge.  Sorry.  Ofcourse, you would always get first dibs anyway. 😉 🌻

Oh man I would love one...I think I'm having a bad time with my two montis I bought.....PE has been shitty the last couple days and I have no clue why

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
5 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

So wait, if the coral is downstream of a soft coral that can piss them off??? I thought they had to be touching 😬

Yep. Hard corals can be disturbed by them also just by being around. 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER

Shit I have to update my journal.....

Just now, WV Reefer said:

Yep. Hard corals can be disturbed by them also just by being around. 

🤔 My montis are right next to a cabbage leather....

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Shit I have to update my journal.....

🤔 My montis are right next to a cabbage leather....

The good news is that it is an easy thing to find out..... just move the coral. It took me awhile to figure out it was the toadstool. The chemical warfare is also why so many people run carbon in their tanks.  

• Like 3
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
1 minute ago, WV Reefer said:

The good news is that it is an easy thing to find out..... just move the coral. It took me awhile to figure out it was the toadstool. The chemical warfare is also why so many people run carbon in their tanks.  

I do run carbon, a little bit anyways, but i had no idea they would do that. Does that mean the mushrooms as well?

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
3 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

tomorrow i'm gonna update my journal with some pics, would you mind looking at it and let me know if i should move something? I'm having a hell of a time getting the tank right these days. I realized tonight that the tank is sucking up alk. It dropped .1dkh since last night's water change. I have been bad about testing for the last month because i didn't think it was consuming that much...i was wrong lol.

• Like 2
  • WV Reefer changed the title to WV Reefer's 75 Gallon Big and Dirty.