inTank Media Baskets

WV Reefer's 75 Gallon Big and Dirty.

WV Reefer

StinkyBunny

Galaxea are real pricks, my Hydnophora doesn't act like an ass unless I put another hard coral in the run, then it goes into full dickhead mode. I had a piece of Galaxea that broke off a customer's piece so I threw it into my personal 90 cube. Yea, that lasted all of a day before I bagged it up and sent it to another customer. It sent out 8" sweepers, I moved it up next to the overflow so the sweepers could only go over the weir and not wipe out the rest of the corals I had near it.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, StinkyBunny said:

Galaxea are real pricks, my Hydnophora doesn't act like an ass unless I put another hard coral in the run, then it goes into full dickhead mode. I had a piece of Galaxea that broke off a customer's piece so I threw it into my personal 90 cube. Yea, that lasted all of a day before I bagged it up and sent it to another customer. It sent out 8" sweepers, I moved it up next to the overflow so the sweepers could only go over the weir and not wipe out the rest of the corals I had near it.

Mine is going to go soon. Right now it’s in the front with the flow beating down on it and it still manages 6-8” sweepers. 

• Like 2
ECLS Reefer
5 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

Mine is going to go soon. Right now it’s in the front with the flow beating down on it and it still manages 6-8” sweepers. 

I like the pictures of galaxea and keep thinking how pretty it is, but listening to you describe it's attitude has warned me off buying any. I am deeply considering a little War coral frag in the future though. I think I have a good little nook picked out for it that will help isolate any shenanigans.

• Like 2

The chalice has been going through a growth spurt lately.

.........It’s also still kicking the Cyphastrea’s ass. 😄

B843D92D-121C-494D-81E9-2C401E169253.thumb.jpeg.0512925cd60d39d4c5833a5eed0daeeb.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Wow 3
pricewayne
5 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

B843D92D-121C-494D-81E9-2C401E169253.thumb.jpeg.0512925cd60d39d4c5833a5eed0daeeb.jpeg

Ahhh! Those colors, tho 😍

• Like 1
Just now, pricewayne said:

Ahhh! Those colors, tho 😍

I swear that green is so bright it glows in the white lights! 😄

pricewayne
1 minute ago, WV Reefer said:

I swear that green is so bright it glows in the white lights! 😄

It’s awesome! And the cyphastrea’s color is as well!! I have a small frag of one in my fluval — think I may move it to my pico, but your pink one makes me wish I’d found one in that coloring lol

• Like 1
1 minute ago, pricewayne said:

It’s awesome! And the cyphastrea’s color is as well!! I have a small frag of one in my fluval — think I may move it to my pico, but your pink one makes me wish I’d found one in that coloring lol

The Cyphastrea took awhile to come into its own but it keeps getting better and better. The downside is it grows very quickly compared to everything else. 

pricewayne
7 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

The Cyphastrea took awhile to come into its own but it keeps getting better and better. The downside is it grows very quickly compared to everything else. 

I’ve heard you can get them to cover walls or pieces of rocks so I’m thinking about giving one a shot 🤔

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, pricewayne said:

I’ve heard you can get them to cover walls or pieces of rocks so I’m thinking about giving one a shot 🤔

It wouldn’t take long at all. 

55 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

wow so pretty! Is that a miami chalice? 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

wow so pretty! Is that a miami chalice? 

It was called “Conviction Chalice” from BSA Corals...... I bought it because even as a teeny frag it was sooooo bright! 😀

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, tanacharison said:

Everything is looking so amazing. This no sump noise scares the crap out of me... 😂 

Thank you. 😃

don’t need no stinking sump! 😄

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, Sharbuckle said:

Wow that chalice is nice, makes me want to get one!

Its pretty but mean! 😁

You should do it. There are some really pretty ones out there. 

DSFIRSTSLTWATER
9 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

This is how police chases end in my town:

1AC0D4F6-BA27-4993-9C26-2E6B0CAE58C8.thumb.jpeg.c2191872070fbd78a5b3e39918527a46.jpeg

🤷🏻‍♀️😂

Wtf?!? 🤣🤣

• Haha 3
ECLS Reefer
1 hour ago, WV Reefer said:

This is how police chases end in my town:

1AC0D4F6-BA27-4993-9C26-2E6B0CAE58C8.thumb.jpeg.c2191872070fbd78a5b3e39918527a46.jpeg

🤷🏻‍♀️😂

COPS at its finest

• Haha 2
ECLS Reefer

Today on my way to work I pass by the intersection of the two adult trauma facilities, where the crazy peeps get treated too. It’s always a good chance you’ll see something bizarre and fascinating there. One day it was a nekkid older lady rolling through the intersection like a literal tumble weed. Today it was a dude with both hands down the front of his pants, facing the rail station. Not sure if he was peeing or just having a handful. He got finished and then literally jazzercised his way to the train pickup station.... 

The Houston crazies will definitely get your eyes open at 6am.

• Haha 2
  • Wow 2
7 hours ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Wtf?!? 🤣🤣

6 hours ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

COPS at its finest

The news didn’t mention that part of the story. 😄

• Haha 2
  • WV Reefer changed the title to WV Reefer's 75 Gallon Big and Dirty.