Top Shelf Aquatics

WV Reefer's 75 Gallon Big and Dirty.

WV Reefer

Just now, Dirté Sanchez said:

Ooooohhh you have a Newfie!!!!!! I have wanted one of those for the LONGEST, but I can't ever find a breeder that doesn't want multiple thousands of bucks for them.

This guy was *only* several hundred cause his official papers weren't in order. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 2
ECLS Reefer
Just now, kimberbee said:

This guy was *only* several hundred cause his official papers weren't in order. 🤷‍♀️

I'd take that in half a second. My medical director way back when I was a flight nurse had THREE of them. They're awesome!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'd take that in half a second. My medical director way back when I was a flight nurse had THREE of them. They're awesome!

I mean, ours is as smart as a bucket of rocks, he's a good boy, but isn't really trained... at 150lbs, I can't take him out of the house cause he'll go wherever he wants and I can't do anything. The drool ends up on the ceiling, his butt glands stink like butt all the time... but he is quiet, lazy, and mostly gentle. Really, he's my husband's dog! I like kitties much better!!

• Haha 3

I have two of those too. They just want to eat all the time. 

Well, my wife and I started with 2 6 years ago. Nature did its thing, then we adopted a few. Rescued a few....I *think* we have 9. 

• Haha 2
  • Wow 3
4 minutes ago, kimberbee said:

I mean, ours is as smart as a bucket of rocks, he's a good boy, but isn't really trained... at 150lbs, I can't take him out of the house cause he'll go wherever he wants and I can't do anything. The drool ends up on the ceiling, his butt glands stink like butt all the time... but he is quiet, lazy, and mostly gentle. Really, he's my husband's dog! I like kitties much better!!

Stinky butt glands are the worst. 🤢

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thanks 1
ECLS Reefer
4 minutes ago, JBM said:

Well, my wife and I started with 2 6 years ago. Nature did its thing, then we adopted a few. Rescued a few....I *think* we have 9. 

My gosh, that's a lot of kitties!

5 minutes ago, kimberbee said:

LOL. Our blue merle Aussie (pictured), named Bo, is a very smart dog, but he's gotten incredibly flatulant in his old age. He's 10.5 years old this year-he sounds like an engine air break letting go when he sits down and he doesn't even care.

• Haha 4
  • Wow 2
ECLS Reefer
Just now, JBM said:

Its alot of poop too

I can imagine--I invested in a cat genie automatic litter box when we built this house because I was NOT emptying stinky cat poop. I LOVE that cat toilet. Only time it doesn't work is in power outages and we have to break out the dinosaur. But otherwise, I never have to interact with their turds or clumps.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
7 hours ago, JBM said:

Its alot of poop too

thats just to many litter boxes probably..............

not really a cat person and ours didnt use a box so that was a plus with him....

• Like 2
StinkyBunny
14 hours ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

I worked with them and the Canadian Coast Guard for 3 weeks. They aren't very smart, even when trained to do rescue work. I could see myself hauling them back to the collar to be hoisted back aboard. No thanks.

14 hours ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

LOL. Our blue merle Aussie (pictured), named Bo, is a very smart dog, but he's gotten incredibly flatulant in his old age. He's 10.5 years old this year-he sounds like an engine air break letting go when he sits down and he doesn't even care.

Mooshman does that when he sits down waiting for his food, sounds like an out of tune trumpet.

• Haha 2
Just now, mitten_reef said:

some (cool) weird sh*t  in your tank....how many arms can you count?  

There are at least five starfish on that one coral.......They were out everywhere though. Not sure what got them all in the mood again. 🤷🏻‍♀️

ECLS Reefer
2 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

There are at least five starfish on that one coral.......They were out everywhere though. Not sure what got them all in the mood again. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Bom chicka wow wow :naughtydance:

• Haha 3

Corals are growing great.

The pack of Five Chromis ended up being Two and they are growing like weeds. I’ve never seen fish that eat as much as they do. The Orchid Dottyback has also been steadily putting on weight and ventures out in the open now.  

• Like 5
  • Wow 1
StinkyBunny

Green Chromis are dicks to one another. I only keep 3 per tank in the shop. If you can ever find them, Vanderbilt's chromis are much better and don't beat one another to death.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

Green Chromis are dicks to one another. I only keep 3 per tank in the shop. If you can ever find them, Vanderbilt's chromis are much better and don't beat one another to death.

They were so tiny I didn’t think any of them would make it. The two that survived are doing well and getting fat!

9 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

Yup............I had a few over the years and they always thin themselves out........

Great feeder fish though :whoa:

• Haha 2
11 minutes ago, spectra said:

Yup............I had a few over the years and they always thin themselves out........

Great feeder fish though :whoa:

I always thought they were boring but they are prettier than I thought. Lots of motion also. 

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

I always thought they were boring but they are prettier than I thought. Lots of motion also. 

When small I like them.........once they get bigger they turn ugly.......

• Like 2
StinkyBunny

Mine never get a chance to grow, I always end up selling them, lol. They're stupid easy to catch, just put some food in a specimen cup and the little shits swim right in. Dumb asses. There are quite a few different ones available now. I get the ovatis and sunshine chromis once in a while. I usually keep them until someone with more money than brains comes in and just has to have them. I'm usually willing to give them the Ned Beatty treatment.

• Haha 2
  • WV Reefer changed the title to WV Reefer's 75 Gallon Big and Dirty.