Cultivated Reef

WV Reefer's 75 Gallon Big and Dirty.

WV Reefer

6 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Are you at least home? I'd be way worse if you actually went out like that.

I was home thank god. 😂

1 minute ago, spectra said:

Saving it for later :unsure: 

Well am off its only 9:30 but I have shit to do...…….and its not work :lol:

I had a mammogram at the crack of dawn then did the payroll and now Im done! 🥳

• Like 1
righttirefire
1 hour ago, WV Reefer said:

@righttirefire even has a thread now. Get in the game. 😀

Ive had plenty of threads. Look in my sigs... the original 20. The sumped 20 and the nuvo 8 all had threads. Than i crashed, movedn dissappeared for a year, but i always had a tank. My clowns are original... i think they only thing i have left from my first few months of reefing. Maybe my Christmas acans too

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, righttirefire said:

Ive had plenty of threads. Look in my sigs... the original 20. The sumped 20 and the nuvo 8 all had threads. Than i crashed, movedn dissappeared for a year, but i always had a tank. My clowns are original... i think they only thing i have left from my first few months of reefing. Maybe my Christmas acans too

I know. 🙂 I meant currently. He just needs to get in the game. 

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
30 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Yay!! 😄 You’re officially in the club now. 😁

I'm usually pretty private with my stuff so Its taken some persuasion to actually make it. Thanks for that by the way :-). Plus I had quite a bit of downtime at work so that made it easy to get it done.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

I'm usually pretty private with my stuff so Its taken some persuasion to actually make it. Thanks for that by the way :-). Plus I had quite a bit of downtime at work so that made it easy to get it done.

It’ll be fun. 😄

now stop me me from continuing to rearrange my Corals on the sand. 🤦🏻‍♀️  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
1 minute ago, WV Reefer said:

It’ll be fun. 😄

now stop me me from continuing to rearrange my Corals on the sand. 🤦🏻‍♀️  

I did that this past weekend...mostly because I had to vacuum the shit out of the sand and they got in the way. When you're cleaning do you move your sandbed corals and then move them back or do you vacuum around them?

• Like 1
Just now, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

I did that this past weekend...mostly because I had to vacuum the shit out of the sand and they got in the way. When you're cleaning do you move your sandbed corals and then move them back or do you vacuum around them?

I usually don’t move them so much as I blast underneath them. 

I need to bring in a few more rocks to create more levels on the sand.  

DSFIRSTSLTWATER
4 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

I usually don’t move them so much as I blast underneath them. 

I need to bring in a few more rocks to create more levels on the sand.  

Hmm..those nano rocks would be cool lol. The corals I have now have out grown the plugs and they end up falling and I have no clue what to do with them. I don't like to mess with them so I just fix em and hope they stay. It's all the acans and my blasto.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Hmm..those nano rocks would be cool lol. The corals I have now have out grown the plugs and they end up falling and I have no clue what to do with them. I don't like to mess with them so I just fix em and hope they stay. It's all the acans and my blasto.

Big Pink the Crab likes to knock mine off.  

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
1 minute ago, WV Reefer said:

Big Pink the Crab likes to knock mine off.  

I've noticed that the blenny likes to knock things over too...he's like a bull in a china shop

• Like 1
6 hours ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Thanks 🙂 I always feel weird posting random things on your build thread...So I have the tidal 55 hob and since I'm getting more hair algae than I like, I'm wondering if the seachem matrix is adding nutrients to the system. I've had it for 3 months now and I try and clean the shit off the bag but maybe its actually inside where the matrix is. Think I should just take it out? I have run out of things to look for.

You should shake that stuff out once a week and I have mine where a powerhead blows on it all the time.

5 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

I was home thank god. 😂

I had a mammogram at the crack of dawn then did the payroll and now Im done! 🥳

Booby squeezage, I do believe I'd rather get my prostate checked by Helga The Horrible.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
1 hour ago, StinkyBunny said:

You should shake that stuff out once a week and I have mine where a powerhead blows on it all the time.

So I got home and just pulled it out. I'm gonna test it with just the floss and see if I can get that shit under control. It's driving me mad lol. Plus my blenny isn't doing his job 😑. I've seen him eat but doesn't seem to make a dent, or it's just growing faster than he can eat. I haven't tested the nitrates in a while, but it's probably gonna read wrong cause of the algae.

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Sancho said:

Oops wrong thread  🤣

😢

1 hour ago, StinkyBunny said:

Booby squeezage, I do believe I'd rather get my prostate checked by Helga The Horrible.

Yeah it’s a beautiful way to start the day. 🤕

• Sad 2
53 minutes ago, Sancho said:

They’ put a pretty picture of the scripps pier on the front of my desk. 

5DB8A25E-7A92-4FB7-BC39-18FD298D82A2.jpeg

WTF kind of office is that :lol: hell at least tell them get you a closet or something...........

• Haha 3
7 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

They keep saying the finger in the butt is gonna have to happen, I'll take my chances without anything going in there.....😶

Just do it. 👉🏻

6 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

How do you get Instagram pics to come up on here? I've been messing around and have no clue. I keep screenshoting and then posting.

On Instagram click the dots at the top of the post and then hit share...... you will basically copy and paste them. 

• Haha 2
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
4 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Just do it. 👉🏻

On Instagram click the dots at the top of the post and then hit share...... you will basically copy and paste them. 

Oh damn lol thanks 😀. It'll make posting that so much easier 😎

• Like 1
  • WV Reefer changed the title to WV Reefer's 75 Gallon Big and Dirty.