Top Shelf Aquatics

WV Reefer's 75 Gallon Big and Dirty.

WV Reefer

Just now, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

That's so cool. How old do you think it is?

Over a year. It was in there at the beginning and the original cutting died off. I guess part of it must have fallen off the reef.  

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
2 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Over a year. It was in there at the beginning and the original cutting died off. I guess part of it must have fallen off the reef.  

Are those easy to take care of? I'd like to put something else in the 20 but I have no clue what I'm doing lol. I need to set the 75 up cause I'm running out of room and not sure where to put things.

• Like 1
On 12/18/2018 at 7:30 PM, WV Reefer said:

Also, I just ate a whole box of Dum Dum flavored Candy Canes. 😬

Love the mushroom I got some purple and green tio shrooms. Enjoy you doggy to the fullest. 

We just found out our dog has bladder cancer. 😑☹️ We've had her for 10 years and no signs until we took her in for a UTI and it never cleared up, they did an ultrasound yesterday and found a tumor 2/3 of her bladder. Bad way to start our Christmas....

• Sad 7
3 minutes ago, jdmcbuilt said:

Love the mushroom I got some purple and green tio shrooms. Enjoy you doggy to the fullest. 

We just found out our dog has bladder cancer. 😑☹️ We've had her for 10 years and no signs until we took her in for a UTI and it never cleared up, they did an ultrasound yesterday and found a tumor 2/3 of her bladder. Bad way to start our Christmas....

that’s terrible news 😞 

In October my 18 year old cat was euthanized for cancer and less than a week later my 16 year old dachshund had to be euthanized. 

I didn’t even put up my Xmas tree this year because under the tree was their favorite place to sleep and it made me too sad to even think about putting it up. 😕

Do you have any options at this point?

• Sad 6
41 minutes ago, jdmcbuilt said:

Sorry to hear that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
32 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

that’s terrible news 😞 

In October my 18 year old cat was euthanized for cancer and less than a week later my 16 year old dachshund had to be euthanized. 

I didn’t even put up my Xmas tree this year because under the tree was their favorite place to sleep and it made me too sad to even think about putting it up. 😕

No they typically don't remove tumors that are attached to the bladder wall. She has a bump on her spleen and liver as well. She strains to go to the bathroom so they gave us pain meds to get her thru Christmas comfortably. Give her the toys we got her and let her have at them. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
1 minute ago, jdmcbuilt said:

No they typically don't remove tumors that are attached to the bladder wall. She has a bump on her spleen and liver as well. She strains to go to the bathroom so they gave us pain meds to get her thru Christmas comfortably. Give her the toys we got her and let her have at them. 

If it's metastasized, there's not much you can do other than keep her comfortable. When we lost Benny, he was full of tumors, liver, spleen and pancreas.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
1 minute ago, jdmcbuilt said:

Hard to imagine after 10 years being healthy and lively that one day out of no where she gets sick. 

Benny never had a down day in his life.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, jdmcbuilt said:

Sorry to hear that.  😞

Just love her. ❤️

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
Ocellaris PDX
3 hours ago, jdmcbuilt said:

Thats really tough. 😞 sorry to hear it.

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
4 hours ago, jdmcbuilt said:

Omg sorry to hear jdm ☹️.. that's awful

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
4 hours ago, jdmcbuilt said:

Hard to imagine after 10 years being healthy and lively that one day out of no where she gets sick. 

We had a cat that was fine until one day we went to leave for work and he wasn't acting right. I left work a little early  to check on him and when I got home he was crying and wouldn't move. We rushed him to the er and they said he had a kidney blockage that was so bad it was shutting the kidneys down. Had to put him down Thanksgiving ☹️

Said it happens in male cats and they didn't know why. Sorry for the ramble WV, that's a story for my journal.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER

Animals have some insanely high pain tolerance and they don't show it until it's too late, I admire that cause I know when I'm sick I'm a giant baby. I do wish they would tell us before it's too late though.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

that’s terrible news 😞 

By the way sorry to hear about your loss. It's rough to think about.

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Omg sorry to hear jdm ☹️.. that's awful

Worst part is also seeing my wife and kiddos falling apart. 

I rather see her not suffer. So we have to do what's right for her 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
6 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Animals have some insanely high pain tolerance and they don't show it until it's too late, I admire that cause I know when I'm sick I'm a giant baby. I do wish they would tell us before it's too late though.

Yeah it would be nice to know if our pets could say what's wrong..... But that won't happen 

• Like 2
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
Just now, jdmcbuilt said:

I rather see her not suffer. So we have to do what's right for her 

Yeah man that's the absolute hardest part...having to put your sadness aside so that your furry friend doesn't have to suffer so you can still have them. It sucks so much, our cat we had to put down 4 years ago..not this past one.

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
2 minutes ago, jdmcbuilt said:

Yeah it would be nice to know if our pets could say what's wrong..... But that won't happen 

It's pretty long to type out and I don't wanna clutter WV's journal, but ever since we lost Gizmo, I researched like hell to find out what happened and short of it is no more kibble for my animals. Raw food only. If you wanna talk about I can visit your journal or mine...unless WV wants me to

But yeah it'd be great if they showed something early on

• Like 2
51 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

It's pretty long to type out and I don't wanna clutter WV's journal, but ever since we lost Gizmo, I researched like hell to find out what happened and short of it is no more kibble for my animals. Raw food only. If you wanna talk about I can visit your journal or mine...unless WV wants me to

But yeah it'd be great if they showed something early on

I don’t mind at all. 

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, jdmcbuilt said:

God, I bet. I couldn’t imagine having to keep myself together.  

I found it was helpful to go to the vet and make the arrangements ahead of time so that when the day comes you don’t have to be bothered with the “business” end of things.  

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
23 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

I don’t mind at all. 

Well maybe will talk about it someday. It's a lot to type out on my phone lol. Let's just say, ever since giving my cats and dog what they were made to eat, it has been world's of difference. Not sure who the genius was that was like hey, let's give cats and dogs dried pellets, instead of meat which is what they have eaten for a million years. I'd be like giving your snake a salad and wondering why he wasnt doing good, same concept. Cats and dogs are the most adaptive animal because anything else wouldn't survive.

Ok that was long lol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • WV Reefer changed the title to WV Reefer's 75 Gallon Big and Dirty.