Pod Your Reef

WV Reefer's 75 Gallon Big and Dirty.

WV Reefer

29 minutes ago, spectra said:

Depends on the kind also. I have a blue star and it eats anything.......also have a melenarus and its my all time favorite........they eat all pests and snails to if they have the chance.......mine will circle frags once put into the tank looking for anything even though it was dipped......

what? you have a 120 gallon tank full of pods and things.  I tried leopard twice, didn't last longer than 6 wks both times, I think.

43 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Are leopards difficult?  I noticed they are labeled expert only.  

not difficult if you have plenty of live food available.  Since your tank is big & dirty, I'd assume live food would be plentiful? 😛  My tank is 30G of not feeding a lot, cuz I hate tank maintenance and I like my SPS more than fish.  haha.  I think they just like mature tanks with plenty of live food to graze all day long. 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, micoastreefing said:

what? you have a 120 gallon tank full of pods and things.  I tried leopard twice, didn't last longer than 6 wks both times, I think.

not difficult if you have plenty of live food available.  Since your tank is big & dirty, I'd assume live food would be plentiful? 😛  My tank is 30G of not feeding a lot, cuz I hate tank maintenance and I like my SPS more than fish.  haha.  I think they just like mature tanks with plenty of live food to graze all day long. 

Who knows on the pods but I have a fat and happy blue star leopard that I have had for almost 2 years now. Its the one wrasse knock on wood that has outlasted them all.......

My choats leopard bit the dust after a year or so.......that was my favorite one of all......dont find them that much for sale. https://www.bluezooaquatics.com/productdetail.asp?did=1&cid=290&pid=1001 

But for colors cant beat the mel.........colors are sweet in them. I also feed LRS and all the fish eat it up.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

Who the f*ck knows....... I assume that’s why it was leaking.   😆

Pretty sure these guys were the original plumbers

409A8432-8F9A-4D02-A6F3-1CE03D84D287.jpeg

• Haha 5
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
1 hour ago, WV Reefer said:

Yes? 

Thursdays are my long days...7-8 and of course nothing but problems and it's not even 10. I need a new profession

• Sad 1
41 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Thursdays are my long days...7-8 and of course nothing but problems and it's not even 10. I need a new profession

Damn. 😕

2 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

The only good thing is I'm hourly so the 20 hours of ot is wonderful

I’m off today and doing laundry.

There are only two of us here... ......how the hell do I end up doing towels everyday?  It doesn’t maka no sense🤷🏻‍♀️

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
On 11/21/2018 at 9:22 PM, WV Reefer said:

I guess it’s technically the middle?

best pic using a mirror so you can see the back:

273A7B9E-8579-473D-A430-C8FE50BF026E.thumb.jpeg.2c74e478b969694476ce9d113f6f7b89.jpeg

Kind of strange to have two shut off valves. Replace the PVC portion going into the metal shut off with one piece (less worry for leaks) no need to have a shut off valve after another. 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, jdmcbuilt said:

Kind of strange to have two shut off valves. Replace the PVC portion going into the metal shut off with one piece (less worry for leaks) no need to have a shut off valve after another. 

It was ridiculous. They got it all taken care of though. 🙂

• Like 2
39 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

I’m off today and doing laundry.

There are only two of us here... ......how the hell do I end up doing towels everyday?  It doesn’t maka no sense🤷🏻‍♀️

You shower a lot? 

• Haha 1
Ocellaris PDX
49 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Does the creek out back count as a shower?

Hell yeah! The smell of creek is a real lady-killer... or is that the deadly diseases in the water? 🤔

• Haha 2
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
2 minutes ago, jdmcbuilt said:

Lol. What do you do for work? 

I sling toyota parts lol. Parts department..i handle mostly the wholesale shops. Been doing this for 16-17 years and it sucks more and more everyday :haha:

• Like 1
2 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

Does the creek out back count as a shower?

I live in AZ and we don't go thru that many towels. 

Or maybe we don't shower as much...🤔

• Haha 2
  • WV Reefer changed the title to WV Reefer's 75 Gallon Big and Dirty.