Pod Your Reef

WV Reefer's 75 Gallon Big and Dirty.

WV Reefer

Just now, patback said:

Plastic or copper?  Long stretch or an under the sink deal?

Plastic. Under the sink. Small ass kitchen. On the back of the shut off there is a screw with a washer and it’s leaking out of that spot.   It’s so tight everything is going to have to be cut.  

Screw with a washer... post a picture if you can. If it's what I'm thinking you may be able to buy a gasket at the hardware store for a few cents.  Pull out the core, place it in and screw it back together.

I'm just not sure what you mean by screw in the back of it.  

• Like 2
1 minute ago, patback said:

Screw with a washer... post a picture if you can. If it's what I'm thinking you may be able to buy a gasket at the hardware store for a few cents.  Pull out the core, place it in and screw it back together.

I'm just not sure what you mean by screw in the back of it.  

It’s not the stem of the shut off valve leaking. It’s on the back side of the shut off. A Phillips head screw with a tiny black seal around it.  You can’t remove the screw only turn it a little left and right. My husband isn’t super handy but he’s glued some pipes together before and had no idea there was a screw back there. 🤷🏻‍♀️

34 minutes ago, spectra said:

Ok see other posts..........

Shut off the water and fix it yourself.............

So is it before or after the shut off?

I guess it’s technically the middle?

best pic using a mirror so you can see the back:

273A7B9E-8579-473D-A430-C8FE50BF026E.thumb.jpeg.2c74e478b969694476ce9d113f6f7b89.jpeg

🤔 Need ideas for another fish.

After Gary the Fairy died, there is not much action in the tank.  Gary was an attention whore and drew everyone to the front to watch his dolphin show. 🙄

Everyone in there is an asshole so it has to be a tough guy.  

DSFIRSTSLTWATER
1 hour ago, WV Reefer said:

🤔 Need ideas for another fish.

After Gary the Fairy died, there is not much action in the tank.  Gary was an attention whore and drew everyone to the front to watch his dolphin show. 🙄

Everyone in there is an asshole so it has to be a tough guy.  

umm go with a shark!!!!

• Haha 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
41 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Maybe dial it back a bit. 😄

How about a small shark? My dream if I won the lottery would be a tanks in my huge house all over the place...I guess that would be an aquarium then huh?

• Haha 2
9 minutes ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

Rubyhead fairy wrasse or leopard wrasse? My leopard holds his own very well against the others. 

Leopards are pretty.  

• Like 1
On 11/21/2018 at 8:22 PM, WV Reefer said:

I guess it’s technically the middle?

best pic using a mirror so you can see the back:

273A7B9E-8579-473D-A430-C8FE50BF026E.thumb.jpeg.2c74e478b969694476ce9d113f6f7b89.jpeg

Meth and plumbing don’t work well together...this picture is proof.....WTF is that? 

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, Sancho said:

Meth and plumbing don’t work well together...this picture is proof.....WTF is that? 

Who the f*ck knows....... I assume that’s why it was leaking.   😆

• Like 1
Just now, WV Reefer said:

Who the f*ck knows....... I assume that’s why it was leaking.   😆

Still trying to figure out why a screw is in there and why there’s another valve. That’s some janky work if you ask me....what’s behind the the ring at the bottom of the pic? Does this feed a sink? 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Sancho said:

Still trying to figure out why a screw is in there and why there’s another valve. That’s some janky work if you ask me....what’s behind the the ring at the bottom of the pic? Does this feed a sink? 

Nobody knew what the screw was for. lol. When I kept mentioning the screw on the phone they were like “THERE IS NO SCREW!” Imagine their surprise when they saw the leaking screw. 😂

Kitchen sink. After the ring it goes through the cabinet and then floor. My guess is the rings cover the giant holes.  

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Nobody knew what the screw was for. lol. When I kept mentioning the screw on the phone they were like “THERE IS NO SCREW!” Imagine their surprise when they saw the leaking screw. 😂

Kitchen sink. After the ring it goes through the cabinet and then floor. My guess is the rings cover the giant holes.  

Wow...did they fix it?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

Rubyhead fairy wrasse or leopard wrasse? My leopard holds his own very well against the others. 

Are leopards difficult?  I noticed they are labeled expert only.  

6 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

They're difficult to get onto prepared, yes. As long as your tank is well-stocked on pods until they learn to eat prepared, they shouldn't be too difficult. I have my ornate leopard for months now. He didn't eat anything I threw into the tank for the first 1.5 months or so, but his belly was plump because I have an in-tank fuge and a lot of bristleworms for him to pick off. He only began favoring NLS pellets towards the tail-end of the second month. He still eats pellets, but he still favors pods. 

I think your tank should be large enough to host a leopard. I have mine in a 20G before I pulled him out for treatment in QT.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Depends on the kind also. I have a blue star and it eats anything.......also have a melenarus and its my all time favorite........they eat all pests and snails to if they have the chance.......mine will circle frags once put into the tank looking for anything even though it was dipped......

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, spectra said:

Depends on the kind also. I have a blue star and it eats anything.......also have a melenarus and its my all time favorite........they eat all pests and snails to if they have the chance.......mine will circle frags once put into the tank looking for anything even though it was dipped......

Good to know. I don’t really want to deal with anyone that’s too picky. 

• Like 2
  • WV Reefer changed the title to WV Reefer's 75 Gallon Big and Dirty.