Coral Vue Hydros

WV Reefer's 75 Gallon Big and Dirty.

WV Reefer

3 minutes ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

You just stopped her from depositing another sacrifice to appease the invisible fishy Gods. The Watchman will tell you. He guards the entrance to the sacred salty underworld. 😐

Im beginning to think The Star Lord put a hit on her. 🤔

• Haha 3
  • Wow 1
Snow_Phoenix
12 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Im beginning to think The Star Lord put a hit on her. 🤔

Star Lord? Nah. Look for the other guy under the rocks. The Pistol - he has a shifty left claw. 

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

I saved the damn Angel again last night!  What is the deal with this fish? ??‍♀️ I saw her swimming weird and went over to the tank and she had something blocking her mouth again!

I grabbed her by the tail to get ahold of her and gave her a squeeze and it popped right out. Looked like a chunk of substrate or something. 

Weird sh*t. 

Your messing with bad juju...…..that fish isn't meant to be in there :wink:

• Haha 1
57 minutes ago, spectra said:

Your messing with bad juju...…..that fish isn't meant to be in there :wink:

Thats what I told my husband!  It’s like the movie Final Destination...... she cheated death and now it’s going to keep coming for her in crazier ways. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
DSFIRSTSLTWATER

I'm loving this thread :smilie: I just read all 23 pages while bored at work lol. Keep up the good work WV. 

Ohh and I think the rescape is happening after I'm out of work today. Still kinda nervous though.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

I'm loving this thread :smilie: I just read all 23 pages while bored at work lol. Keep up the good work WV. 

Ohh and I think the rescape is happening after I'm out of work today. Still kinda nervous though.

Thanks! 🙂

Dont be nervous! Just go for it and post the after shot. 

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
1 minute ago, WV Reefer said:

Thanks! 🙂

Dont be nervous! Just go for it and post the after shot. 

It'll definitely be up on my instagram :smilie:

I might put it up on my rescape thread though

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

This tank had it’s one year birthday last week. Yay!!!! 🎉🎈

Angel died while I was out of town...... it was expected, as she was still having jaw issues off and on before I left. There was no one around to save her this time. 😔

I have a little cyano on the sand but overall mom did ok tank sitting. I suspect she may have topped off with tap water because most of my jugs were full ...,,,,,,but the color of the Corals look great. 

My Red Mithrax crab molted while I was gone and came out of a cave today looking like Godzilla!! He’s a monster now.  I need to make him a ladder so he can climb up to the “floating” rocks on the back..... there are some bubbles up there he needs to eat. 

• Sad 3
Snow_Phoenix
34 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

This tank had it’s one year birthday last week. Yay!!!! 🎉🎈

Angel died while I was out of town...... it was expected, as she was still having jaw issues off and on before I left. There was no one around to save her this time. 😔

I have a little cyano on the sand but overall mom did ok tank sitting. I suspect she may have topped off with tap water because most of my jugs were full ...,,,,,,but the color of the Corals look great. 

My Red Mithrax crab molted while I was gone and came out of a cave today looking like Godzilla!! He’s a monster now.  I need to make him a ladder so he can climb up to the “floating” rocks on the back..... there are some bubbles up there he needs to eat. 

Sorry to hear about the angel. I've never seen a Red Mithrax before. Got a pic of it? 😊

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

Sorry to hear about the angel. I've never seen a Red Mithrax before. Got a pic of it? 😊

Sure do!  He is a bubble algae eating champion! 😄

A819F931-8CA0-47E3-A694-3A19606B1B6E.thumb.jpeg.36fa468523b2adc82b74be757c6cc33f.jpeg8A6BA931-C6C0-4A85-85FB-C43220C14A6D.thumb.jpeg.1da854e5de12eb995432f4bf9c168871.jpegDCED6C6C-6AEB-4456-B010-87BDF4BDC062.thumb.jpeg.70bed42476c674c2b375b218c5c263cb.jpeg

we call him “Pink” 😊

• Like 3
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
4 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Sure do!  He is a bubble algae eating champion! 😄

A819F931-8CA0-47E3-A694-3A19606B1B6E.thumb.jpeg.36fa468523b2adc82b74be757c6cc33f.jpeg8A6BA931-C6C0-4A85-85FB-C43220C14A6D.thumb.jpeg.1da854e5de12eb995432f4bf9c168871.jpegDCED6C6C-6AEB-4456-B010-87BDF4BDC062.thumb.jpeg.70bed42476c674c2b375b218c5c263cb.jpeg

we call him “Pink” 😊

Damn that's awesome:smilie: I would have to imagine reef safe since he's in with your corals?

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Damn that's awesome:smilie: I would have to imagine reef safe since he's in with your corals?

As Reef safe as a crab ever can be! 😁

i need to get a current pic because he is huge now.  

DSFIRSTSLTWATER
Just now, WV Reefer said:

As Reef safe as a crab ever can be! 😁

i need to get a current pic because he is huge now.  

I just looked them up..I can't get one :sad: min tank size is 25...oh well i'll stick with my pom pom and porcelain crabs 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

I just looked them up..I can't get one :sad: min tank size is 25...oh well i'll stick with my pom pom and porcelain crabs 

This is the first crab I’ve had any luck with. In this tank and my 12 Gallon........ I had tried Pom Poms and Porcelains and they never survived long for whatever reason.  🤷🏻‍♀️

Ive probably jinxed myself now and he'll either be dead tomorrow or munching on my best Corals. 😂

DSFIRSTSLTWATER
Just now, WV Reefer said:

This is the first crab I’ve had any luck with. In this tank and my 12 Gallon........ I had tried Pom Poms and Porcelains and they never survived long for whatever reason.  🤷🏻‍♀️

Ive probably jinxed myself now and he'll either be dead tomorrow or munching on my best Corals. 😂

Bummer knock on wood mine are doing alright. I like that my porcelain crab is out in the open 95 percent of the time. Wish that was the case with the pom pom though. I actually enjoy the inverts :-)

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Bummer knock on wood mine are doing alright. I like that my porcelain crab is out in the open 95 percent of the time. Wish that was the case with the pom pom though. I actually enjoy the inverts 🙂

I love Pom Poms...... they are the cutest little sh*ts out waving those anemones around.

In my mind I always hear “are you threatening me?” in a Beavis voice! 🤣

• Haha 3
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
1 minute ago, WV Reefer said:

I love Pom Poms...... they are the cutest little sh*ts out waving those anemones around.

In my mind I always hear “are you threatening me?” in a Beavis voice! 🤣

They really are great but man do they hide. You saw my insta post from saturday. First time i've see it since i put him in the tank lol. 

• Like 1
A Little Blue

I’m glad to see Gonis gaining more popularity lately. I’ve seen some awesome color variety at RAP and most were aquaculture, which is very promising. 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

I’m glad to see Gonis gaining more popularity lately. I’ve seen some awesome color variety at RAP and most were aquaculture, which is very promising. 

I love them........Of course people scare others off the Goni saying its impossible to keep.  

My green one is getting larger now that I took it away from Nemo! 😅

i need to get me one of those sparkly purple ones that was posted on the site recently. 

• Like 2
A Little Blue
6 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

I love them........Of course people scare others off the Goni saying its impossible to keep.  

My green one is getting larger now that I took it away from Nemo! 😅

i need to get me one of those sparkly purple ones that was posted on the site recently. 

To all those scared to keep/try one I would say, get the aquacultured one. 

Very pretty coral. 

DAA58F45-F68D-4681-864F-AEBECC322E2B.jpeg.4b27cbbd706ac26ee19042f4c3ec4971.jpeg

• Like 1
1 minute ago, A Little Blue said:

To all those scared to keep/try one I would say, get the aquacultured one. 

Very pretty coral. 

DAA58F45-F68D-4681-864F-AEBECC322E2B.jpeg.4b27cbbd706ac26ee19042f4c3ec4971.jpeg

Very nice! I think I like the one in the middle best. 🙂

• Like 1
  • WV Reefer changed the title to WV Reefer's 75 Gallon Big and Dirty.